- Artwork [Reissue Artwork] –
- Artwork, Bass –
- Drums –
- Flute –
- Liner Notes –
- Organ –
- Producer –
- Reissue Producer –
- Remastered By –
- Tenor Saxophone –
- Vocals, Bongos –
- Vocals, Guitar –
500 hand-numbered copies, 180g vinyl.
|Titre (Format)||Label||Cat N°||Pays||Année|
|Batsumi (LP, Album)||R & T||RTL 4041||South Africa||1974|
|Batsumi (LP, Album, Repress)||Jo'Burg||RTL 4041||South Africa||1977|
|Batsumi (LP, Album, Repress)||J-Town Records (2)||PVA 4||South Africa||1978|
|Batsumi (CD, Album, Reissue, Remastered, Paper Sleeve)||panai||pana013||Japan||2012|
|Batsumi (LP, Album, Limited Edition, Reissue, Repress, Clear)||Matsuli Music||MM102||UK||2013|
- amazing record! can anyone tell me what the words in the song Mamshanyana mean?
- I bought a copy of this when I visited cape town and when I listened to it my jaw dropped. Spiritual jazz of the highest order. Ethereal and haunting and made at maximum risk by artists who created beauty in the midst of horror. The recording, mastering and pressing are all revealing and transparent. A hidden gem that needs to be discovered.
- I couldn't praise this higher. Thanks for a lovely repress in amazing quality.
- Modifié il y a 2 ansIncredible South African Jazz masterpiece from 1974. Some of it is quite avant-garde spiritual jazz, think Strata-East and the likes, other parts are more afro-rock or afro-soul. The quality of musicianship throughout is astounding. This reissue has been made to the absolute highest standards too, expertly remastered from original master tapes, beautiful cover art and extensive liner notes. I can't recommend this enough.