• grigorijFfm over 5 years ago

Create - Create is playing and i just rediscovered the loveliness of this album. do not overlook this gem folks!
  • player over 5 years ago

player edited about 1 year ago
    Agree with Create.

Ozoona (Pete Namlook & Rob Gorden). ..A great collaboration, esp tracks 2 and 3. Track 3 has to be one of the most wonderful modern cross genre music I've listened to: techmo, jazz, drum n bass, Idm, ambient, sounds of nature - all here with a wonderful effect.

Virtual Vices by Namlook & Spyra - Great collaboration album series across genre inc guitar, synthesizer, ambient, idm/techno and Kraut.
  • Artsutanov over 5 years ago

Went to bed listening to Dreamfish.
  • Kinnow over 5 years ago

I went to sleep to Dreamfish yesterday, hadn't listened to it for ages, but it was one of my favourite going to sleep albums.
    Currently got I.F 2 playing.
  • mickchillage over 5 years ago

The last few days I've listened to Dreamfish, my very first introduction to Fax, From Within I, & Air I, Just about to record a Chillage Idiots Pete Namlook tribute show..
    I have picked an album from each year of the 20 years of Fax focusing mainly on Pete's Releases.. Listening back to all the various tracks on those albums just overwhelmed me again, so hard to choose.. Should be available tomorrow, will post links on here when available..
  • Jazzual over 5 years ago

Working through my Move D / Namlook albums and buying the ones I don't yet have over coming months. Of the ones I have my faves are probably:

Sexoid
    Wired
    Raumland Exploration
  • MMC over 5 years ago

Autumn of Communion!
  • tcordes over 5 years ago

Silence 5, especially track 1 & 5. Perfect tracks as we bid farewell to Peter.
  • tonyyin over 5 years ago

I enjoying Air II and Air V just, I can't know why tears falling when listening them.

mickchillage
    Just about to record a Chillage Idiots Pete Namlook tribute show.

nice one mick!
  • Si_Matthews over 5 years ago

Been listening to nothing but FAX since I heard the news. Started with Silence which was where it all began for me. Also played Psychonavigation, Air series, SHADO, Alien Community 2, DSOTM series and the Rising High Definitive Ambient Collection.
  • Bassface72 over 5 years ago

Autumn of Communion i received it in the post yesterday and have to say its amazing, im sure its going to be a FAX classic .
  • gerryc over 5 years ago

After the initial shock about Pete's passing and still feeling the impact of it I didn't know where to start in choosing a cd so I decided to start from the beginning by listening to my first purchases of FAX - Silence , Dreamfish & Air and finished my listening session with his last solo production-Music for Urban Meditation IV. The last track on this cd "Strom", as it fades out sounds to me like he is saying goodbye.
  • thirdsystem over 5 years ago

Last night prior to sleep - Tetsu Inoue - Inland. (Best wishes Tetsu, hope all is good.)

Today - the last one Pete sent me :-( . Labyrinth 5

Now - Hemisphere. Alien like, bizarre space music. I love it.

Later - Dreamfish , my first FAX.

Bassface72
    Autumn of Communion i received it in the post yesterday and have to say its amazing, im sure its going to be a FAX classic .

This sounds promising, so perhaps FAX orders are being processed.

Best wishes to Pete's family and colleagues. I hope they manage to keep the label going.

Unfortunately i bought it from another guy who sells FAX music on discogs so im not sure when FAX orders will be processed its still a bit early yet.

Jet Chamber 1 - a masterpiece in ambient.
  • ilmar2350 over 5 years ago

Peter Kuhlmann & Jürgen Rehberg - Passion.. beautiful album that reminds of "Silence"..
  • jdcapshew over 5 years ago

Fires of Ork was the first FAX release I heard in 1994 and I was hooked. It still is as magnificent as then and it has gotten new heavy rotation here. There are many others that have gotten lots of play but I have a bias toasted Pete's latter collaborations with David Moufang. I don't see FAX continuing too much further with new material but if there was one person who could do that it would be David. Yes, that is presumptuous but David and Pete were artistic brothers and David ran my other favorite label, Source.
  • canaxis over 5 years ago

tetsu inoue-slow and low
    the putney

grigorijFfm
    Create - Create is playing and i just rediscovered the loveliness of this album. do not overlook this gem folks!

Thanks for highlighting this one. Just bought same and listening right now.

Just my favourite kind of FAX, and one I didn't have.

Deep atmospheric space. Superb. Cheers for posting it
  • Thesorus over 5 years ago

I've been shuffling a lot of Fax releases since last week (more than I usually do).

Now : The Whole Traffic II.

It's weird, I never bought any of the 2 Create CD, maybe because I have difficulty with C.U.E.'s music on Fax.

• AAD over 5 years ago

Hemisphere, Cycloid and now A New Consciousness.
    I haven't listened to them for a while.
    And later I'll play Create 2. Track 3 "OM" is really great.

[quote=jdcapshew][/quote]
    "David and Pete were artistic brothers"
    Very true. Of all the collaborations Pete's productions with David Moufang always gelled somehow as if there was some kind of musical telepathy between them.
    I miss the Source label and have most of their releases which would have not been possible without you Jeff so thank you. David is still making great music for various labels but will miss his work with Pete.

Going back a bit with Pete's Romantic Warrior, synth pop Jazz, ambient..
    http://www.discogs.com/Romantic-Warrior-Planet/master/435362.. Create for later, haven't listened in years..
  • Jandruss over 5 years ago

Now on my cd player:
    David Moufanf.Solitaire. Shades of orion 1 and Fires of Ork II

[quote=Bassface72][/quote]

Hi, when you did the order? i did one order to Namlook on 8th november and now i don´t know what is the status of it. I just sent the payment. Anybody knows something about orders in process? thanks !

if you dont get your autumn of communion order in the next 2 weeks...let me know as i have a spare one you can have for free..hate to see you go without..im sure its a bit nuts at fax hq for the time being..
  • Kayashi over 5 years ago

Kayashi edited over 5 years ago
    Same problem here - I ordered and paid it together with another album on the 7th, Peter responded as usual to my mails, but sadly passed the next day. Now, everything is pending...

Meanwhile another source for "Autumn of Communion" just closed (I wanted to wait what happened before I re-ordered somewhere else). Hope, I didn't wait too long... :(

But this is just a little sidenote to our tragic loss.
    Have been listening to Move D / Namlook a lot the last few days: Raumland-Trilogy, etc.

(Edited some typos)

I am also in this position, ordered and paid for Autumn of Communion the day Pete passed on. I had wondered why I did not get the usual chatty, cheerful reply from him :-( :-(.

Just a very small thing compared to the massive tragedy of losing Pete. Looking forward to hearing the new FAX whenever.

Just played Jet Chamber - brilliant.

Reading all your personal stories and re-listening to our old FAX CDs and records keeps the melancholy lingering. I think that's a good thing because Pete and his music and his artists are worth the emotion. This sadness will only fade slowly over a long period of time but Pete will always be with us.
  • PLuG8 over 5 years ago

I'm listening to Pete and Moufang collabs.

They are the best collabs on FAX by far in my opinion. Those two guys created worlds pressed into CD's.

PLuG8 , I agree with you.

My autumn of communion order was placed with another seller on discogs from Holland who i have bought many FAX cds off and has never let me down, im listening to Labyrinth 1-5 at the moment, pure ear candy.

• Jazzual over 5 years ago

This one tends to get overlooked in favour of the other excellent albums that David and Pete produced. Just listening now and thinking about the special times they must have shared making all of that great music...

Koolfang - Koolfang II "Gig In The Sky"

^^^ one of the best collabs ever in electronic music genre.

on now: Virtual Vices - Virtual Vices V

dreamfish 2

Wonderful to read all the posts from all of you here. Really helps.

Dark side the Moog IV! Classic material :)

Hi again
    Please, is there someone who bought any cd from Namlook past 8th november? Because i did and i don´t know what can i do.. i don´t know if there is somebody taking the subject but my order was processed and paid on 9th november and i don´t receive anything yet. I don´t want to be a rude or insensitive. Please if someone who know anything about it, please post here...thanks to everybody!
  • AlexisNembrode over 5 years ago

Limelight. Powerful acid trance/techno from the master.
  • jkds70 over 5 years ago

Sultan Osman and Sad World 2.
    Both sublime, exotic and uplifting music.
    Never sound out of place,always make me feel good,alive.
    same effect Woob 1194 has on me.
    Thx Pete,never forgotten.

just finished Virtual Vices - Virtual Vices II, which is my favourite from that series. opener "bauxit" is a hell of a track. fkkn love it!
    now playing: The Dark Side Of The Moog - The Dark Side Of The Moog III
  • Bipolar over 5 years ago

Now playing 5 hours 36 minutes of music
    10 Years Of Silence

grigorijFfm
    Dark Side Of The Moog, The - The Dark Side Of The Moog IV

Héhé.. nice! =D
  • Kayashi over 5 years ago

Kayashi edited over 5 years ago
    Listening to "Move D / Namlook - Sexoid"
  • seek over 5 years ago

jdcapshew
    I think that's a good thing because Pete and his music and his artists are worth the emotion.
    Yes. And Pete didn't want to manipulate or influence listeners' emotion, either.
    He stated that here in the Slices interview.

"Everything is sound. The world is sound."

Shades Of Orion 1.

Another great series of albums from Pete and Tetsu.

Love it.

the whole traffic
  • jkds70 over 5 years ago

Plexus Solaris/Zenith .The closing last few minutes of that track still blow me away,amazing CD.

player edited over 5 years ago
    Redeye - Arizona Tracks:
    A quality album across Idm-ambient-techno-trance. A fun and quirky release with some great moment across genres with its short but continues mixed tracks. Always had a soft-spot for this release.

Namlook IV (..for me a great live technoish-ambient experiment album):
    The music originated instinctively whilst being played live....There was no concept for the composition before, only a kaleidoscope of sounds stemming from the given instruments....The music of this CD is "dedicated" to the missing 220V power supply, the broken EMS synthi which I dropped during the setting-up of my equipment, the SE-1 which instantly created its own sounds during the live recording and the Studio 440 with 2 faulty pads and a disk drive which had to be convinced to cooperate.

NAMLOOK
    FRANKFURT 1993
    Recorded and composed live at Kings Street Garage, (back of Townsend), San Francisco on March 27th, 1994 from 1.30 am to 2.20 am
  • little_alien over 5 years ago

62 Eulengasse - 62 Eulengasse
    Success guaranteed sleep-inducer for my stressed brain last night. When everything else fails, this CD has never let me down.
  • snufmumriko over 5 years ago

Seasons Greetings - Autumn. Enjoying it quite a bit. It's not anywhere near as boring as I seemed to remember.

little_alien
    Success guaranteed sleep-inducer for my stressed brain last night. When everything else fails, this CD has never let me down.

Possibly my favourite FAX album. Good to listen to during the day especially when reading or similar. Very effective late night/early morning listen also ;-)

Create on just now. An album in a similar vein and equally magnificent.

koolfang-jambient

top album for spring but i need some sunlight..perfect
  • AAD over 5 years ago

AAD edited over 5 years ago
    little_alien

That CD will always be a bit special for me. It was the first FAX CD I bought directly from Pete, when he began selling CDs from his personal archive.

http://www.discogs.com/groups/topic/205699#2565831

little_alien
    me either, something so haunting yet deeply calming about it, possibly my favorite Tetsu/Namlook collab

Listening to http://www.discogs.com/From-Within-From-Within-2/release/150554 now..

Agree about 62 Eulengasse, it's a beautiful album; I love listening to it in winter. If Create is anything like it I might have to check it out.
  • slntwtchr over 5 years ago

This morning on the way to work I listened (again) to Labyrinth 5. Though over the last weeks I've hit the Air series, Silence and some others. I actually plan to slowly work my way through the entire catalog again (both Pete and non-Pete releases). As I've listened to Labyrinth 5 this week I realized that Namlook's work (for me) is up there with people like Bill Laswell and John Zorn (again - for my listening patterns) in that as many albums as these cats put out, there are constant gems. I may not love everything, and admittedly there are a few I don't care for at all, but people like this always manage to come back with something that I really like and that's impressive when you think about total output and how varied Pete's catalog is. And I do really like Labyrinth 5. And admire Pete for sticking to his guns when it came to releasing music HE wanted to release, HOW he wanted to, regardless of the grumbling of some fans.

Namlook - Le mar

Very nice album, I like it a lot. Initially hated "Jetzt" but it has actually grown on me. Still sounds a bit out of place though.

--------

In respect of the couple of posts above, Labyrinth 5 is one of my favourite releases. Absolutely superb and the last one the Pete sent out to me so will always be special.

Create, highly recommended if you like 62 Eulengasse, and cheers to grigorij.ffm for starting this thread with such a good recommendation :-)

namlook and move d-dawning of a new decade

rather splendid

Dont get me wrong Labyrinth 5 is great but i thought it was the weakest out of 1-5 , personally labyrinth 3 and 4 are my favorites.

Im currently listening to Peter Benisch - Waiting for snow

From Within 2 - track 3 is just awesome!

Namlook XXV - Permutations: Just a pure and wonderful album all the way.

canaxis
    namlook and move d-dawning of a new decade

Excellent album. Pete Namlook and Move D did some brilliant work together....Collaboration between these great artist will be greatly missed.

Last nights FAX - Pete and Tetsu - Shades Of Orion2

Tonights FAX - Tetsu - Inland

Wonderful
  • bshelton over 5 years ago

Labyrinth 1, FAXology, Elektronik, and Autumn of Communion

These are recent purchases for me and I've been very happy with the quality of these recent-vintage FAX releases. Absolute love & respect for Peter.

Today im playing Sequential a FAX classic in my opinion and pete namlook & Gaudi - Re-sonate

Recurring Dreams of the Urban Myth (an old favourite); and prior to that, Music for Urban Meditation III and Inland (Tetsu Inoue). Inland is awesome, one of Inoue's best, in my opinion. Subtle but extremely rewarding.

Namlook/Moufang XII- Space and Time, rather superb.

Re:sonate is probably next on my acquisition list, along with Subconcious Worlds, although there are one or two contenders ;-)

Will play Permutations tonight

Sad world 3
    Amazing with that indian voice songs...i love it!

Spyra : January in June.

Not my favourite Spyra album, but a bit different and some good stuff on it.

Pete Namlook & New Composers - Russian Spring

A beautiful tranquil ambient listen.

The inspirational PETE NAMLOOK ; Subconscious Worlds. Superb.

Subconscious Worlds is an excellent album, this morning i started with spyra - Etherlands and now im playing Pete namlook & New composers - Planetarium 2

I.F 2 - a FAX (PS) classic for me and still amazing release after all these years. PS certainly released some great albums, and this release certainly defied FAX as a truly exciting and unique label for ambient, techno, dub, downtemp, experimental.
  • Si_Matthews over 5 years ago

player
    I.F 2 - a FAX (PS) classic for me and still amazing release after all these years.

Includes one of my all time fave FAX tracks 'Underwater'. Simply stunning.

thirdsystem
    Re:sonate is probably next on my acquisition list, along with Subconcious Worlds

Those are both excellent.. Re:sonate especially is a later classic for me.

Today's FAX: Fires of Ork 2, Air 3
  • maya_of_elevatorium over 5 years ago

Started with some Namlook & Robert Sattler - Kooler, and now 2350 Broadway. Vision of Pulse to be exact.

Jet Chamber 2 - a brilliant follow up to the brilliant first album. Atom TM & Namlook really took ambient into new outer space dimensions esp with JC 1&2.

Just had this on perfect music when really tired, dozing off here and there.. http://www.discogs.com/Chris-Meloche-Recurring-Dreams-Of-The-Urban-Myth/release/52489

Apart from the odd Planet Rock interlude 8-), I have been listening almost exclusively to FAX music, constantly. Not interested in anything else at the moment, bizarre but true.

It is great that Pete has left us this wonderful legacy of his music. I have masses of FAX and still have loads to explore :-).

Just Finished From Within2 , Currently - Namlook/Le Mar

Thinking of digging out Virtual Vices VI next, haven't listened to it for ages and going to give it another go.

Zenith(PS) - beautiful drifting ambient with liquid minimal rhythms and beats. Forgot how great this album is, just wonderful listening throughout.

Pete Namlook & Hubertus Held - I love this album, and do actually think that it deserves a little more attention then it originally got on release... Its fun, 70's funkiness, groovy, cool, joyful, and well put together. Music that can certainly put a smile on your face.

A true ambient supergroup, pity there wasn't more from the three.. http://www.discogs.com/Second-Nature-Second-Nature/release/52638

Agree - another album that made Fax ambient-music so wonderful and timeless.

mickchillage
    A true ambient supergroup, pity there wasn't more from the three.. http://www.discogs.com/Second-Nature-Second-Nature/release/52638

• alpet over 5 years ago

Zenith, followed by Dark Side of the Moog XI (The Heart of our Nearest Star). That soaring guitar and the vast expanse of the 2nd track on DSOTM just makes me very sad knowing there would be no more of this music. Hopefully Sultan will be eventually released, I was looking forward to it for years.

This morning im playing Thomas P Heckmann - The lost tales volume 1 & 2 as i have'nt listened to these for a while.

^both heckmann albums are great!

on now: Hemisphere (3) - Hemisphere. first track is stunning!

Listened to "Escape" a monumental double CD folllowed by Syn 1 & Syn 2. Great trance/ambient listening session. Still euphoric after all these years.
  • little_alien over 5 years ago

Higher Intelligence Agency, The / Pete Namlook - Secret Location

player
    Agree - another album that made Fax ambient-music so wonderful and timeless.

 mickchillage

Second Nature is one of my favourite FAX albums. Would possibly sneak into my top ten FAX. (will have to try and list that one day ;-) )

Currently- Subconscious Worlds- to which I am presently addicted to.

Shades Of Orion.. Nice mixture of spacey ambience and techno..

From Within 2.

A recent acquisition and magnificently spacey with alien and galactic influences :-)
  • tcordes over 5 years ago

Listening to my faves from the Labyrinths. Pete, thank you for continuing to put out such stellar releases right until the end. It will forever have us wondering what might have been...

Labyrinth 3 - track 8 is especially fitting for the moment. Fighting back the tears...
  • vokuhila over 5 years ago

i mean the complette Labyrinth series was the best releases in the last Fax years....

Hap christmas to all. vok

Yeah Labyrinth 3 is my fave out of the series merry xmas to all the FAX fans out there.

Solitaire (Move D): Wonderful ambient with some eastern influences and gentle elements of techno.

David Reeves - In Starless Space: Outer-space analogue mind-twisting abstract-ambient-techno.

Both FAX (PS) releases with a unique ambient/music sound of its own.