• Ekto-Basilisk over 11 years ago

Discogs is a great resource for everything that has been commercially released (and then some) but what about all the long-lost tracks that never cleared for one reason or another? Would it be possible to build a definitive guide to all the unreleased old school stuff that floated around on DAT back in the day? I think that a simple listed directory with short comments from knowledgeable folk would probably be suitable for such a project, but I'm open to ideas. Would anyone like to contribute their information? I suppose I'll compile the data unless someone's got a better idea :)

Stuff I know we'd need:
    - all Etnica/Crop Circles/Pleiadians unreleased
    - Transwave (apparently there are a few, some coming out on the "Backfire" CD)
    - bootlegs like Oforia's "Welcome to the Machine"
    - Interstellar Overdrive
    - early Toi Doi, Bamboo Forest, Hux Flux, and others from Goa Gil's "divine dozen"
    - Xenomorph, Penta, and other relevant dark stuff
    - Cosma, early Infected maybe
    - mostly the old school giants!!

If you have anything to contribute, let 'er rip :) the older the better!
  • Joseph_S over 11 years ago

• kwulf over 11 years ago

Nice idea! Lemme know how I should contribute. Send you an e-mail of the unreleased tracks I know of? Other ideas?

Email would be good. As an example of what feels like good information, check out this page (esp. the bottom bunch):
    http://www.markainley.com/music/electronica/lists/index.html

So, anything informative/useful/pertinent:
    - artist, title, etc.
    - year of production (even an estimate)
    - backstory? was it scheduled for release?
    - sound quality--live recording?
    - thoughts and impressions about the song

Or just a list... anything, basically. I have a draft going right now and I'm going to write it up as something halfway between an article and a straight-out list... the interest here is scholarly--preserving the past for the future, and that sort of thing. Oh, and anyone sending me stuff should also mention if they want to remain anonymous. I'm going to write stuff up with relevant quotes from anyone who sends me information.

Someone brought up the idea of sound samples (which would help to clear up confusion over multiple titles and what-not) but I hadn't thought that far ahead. Right now its just the information I'm keen on... not even so I know what to track down myself; this is primarily intended to flesh out some of the "lost history" of the genre :)
  • kwulf over 11 years ago

ok, Ekto, I sent you a mail

Thanks again! I am still compiling info... haven't had too much input... but I did want to update this topic and say it hasn't all disappeared into a black hole or anything :) might take a while to process all this data into a presentable form is all...

More tips & comments would be widely appreciated!
  • chischis over 11 years ago

Chi-A.D. - "Earthcrossing" was never officially released. More's the pity, I find it much better than their other albums.

Yes, I know a thing or two about that one :)
  • chischis over 11 years ago

I don't suppose that would include knowing if it'll ever get a proper release? ;)
  • inexpressible over 11 years ago

at least Ekto-Basilisk brought us this nice Chi-A.D. release: Liquid Neon Sky (thanks again for that)

No, Earth Crossing is unlikely to ever see a commercial release. Dave is working on a fresh new album though, supposedly out this year. Check out his web site at http://www.chi-ad.com/

Welcome, welcome :)
  • dj_pacific over 10 years ago

Is this still ongoing? I'm interested to see what you have so far =) .
  • ukiro over 10 years ago

Having communicated a bit with Richard Ahlberg, who ran Kavator Records and played in both goa and australia a lot during the DAT era, I am left with the impression that there is a near infinite amount of unreleased tracks. A lot of them are of course unreleased due to quality concerns, but plenty are simply too "far out there" musically/artistically rather than unfit in terms of production value. Those are of course the most interesting tracks of all =)

The problem arises when you start considering alternate takes and mixes of different tracks, since there can be ten versions (or even more) of certain tracks. Keeping track of this is an administrative nightmare.
  • kwulf over 10 years ago

kwulf edited over 10 years ago
    ukiro has it right in saying that there is a huge amount of tracks out there, however there is also a huge amount of music releases out there and this has brought Discogs to life! So this is not an impossible task to start. Having seen Ekto's draft page for this, I get the impression that, in order for such a directory to work, it needs the following:

1) Alphabetical list of artists (each artist linkable to its Discogs artist page)

2) Underneath each entry, the tracks should be in some definite order (alphabetical may be the easiest for now, but chronological would be better).

3) Beside each track there should be a "more" (or "+") thing for any comments on the track, selectable by each user.

4) For each track there should be at least two options:
    a) Confirmed (the user who enters this info has actually listened to the track and has it in his/her possession, or can verify that someone else has it)
    b) Rumored (the user who enters this info has not heard the track in question)

5) For each track it should be possible to add a low quality mp3 sample (30 to 50 seconds max), strictly for identification purposes.

For example, it could be like this:

<b>Psychaos<b/>
    - Naked (6:56) [1995] [more] no sample

and when you click the "more" button:

<b>Psychaos<b/>
    - Naked (6:56) [1995] no sample
    Probably his earliest attempt as Psychaos.[hide]

6) A special section should be devoted to fake tracks that have circulated around.

Thanks.

It would desperately need an "AKA" feature, as the DAT circuit was notorious for getting titles and artists wrong or mixed up. I also think that the source for everything should be clearly noted, in as much detail as possible. Such as:

Submitted by: User A
    Source: DAT traded from DJ B, who got it from DJ C, who got it from The original artist

This will often be impossible to track or verify, but in the instances where it is verifiable, it would be good to know.
  • draeke over 10 years ago

@basilisk: i am concerned this can be an enormous work, i for starter have quite a big list of unreleased and in that some 30+ are No Names, that's why samples came to mind.. but i know there are dozens of forums with unidenified tracks as well so in conclusion there might a list of hundreds of no names...

@ukiro: some people would never want to be identified as the source of the tracks. some artists copied some tracks to friends which were supposed not to copy to anyone but then they copied to their best friends or to someone who assured he won't copy etc etc.. so saying i got this from this dude might reveal a lot of "broken promises".. i don't know what this can lead.
    For instance now a dj sent me some dat of an old famous artist but maybe he doesn't want to let him know i have this right now etc..

draeke
    saying i got this from this dude might reveal a lot of "broken promises"..

true!!

OK, for what it's worth, here's a start:

http://www.discogs.com/user/UnreleasedGoa

Help is needed!!

that's a very interesting attempt man!
    it can work. by the way that site, putfile, can hold samples for long time? will they be deleted if nobody click on them ?
    wonder if basilisk wanted to make it on another website but being here can bring people onto it easily

but to have all grouped into one artist i would have to edit yours, for example i have like 30 magus unrl tracks, how can edit yours that has only schizofrenic society ? i would have to add many tracks to many of your artists or maybe if i give u the infos and lenghts u can add them yourself on the "release"?

Btw: Cerealogy, as mark confirmed me, was included in the tetrahedron final dat that he seen at twisted offices back in 97. so u may want to include it, possibly as track 4 before pentagon.

draeke, thank God someone replied!

Yeah, this way only one person can do the changes/additions (or maybe two, if they share the password??). It's not perfect, but it's a start. If we have all the info together in one place, maybe we find some other "home" for it later.

As for the putfile site, I have many samples there for a long time and nothing bad happened.

For now, mail me any info you have!! (please use my contact button as kwulf, not the one for this account)

As for other samples you may have, I suggest you just send me the links (upload them in your own web space!), as my account on putfile is almost full. Thanks.
  • Ekto-Basilisk over 10 years ago

draeke
    it can work. by the way that site, putfile, can hold samples for long time? will they be deleted if nobody click on them ?
    wonder if basilisk wanted to make it on another website but being here can bring people onto it easily

That's fine by me! I can provide hosting for samples if anyone wants... I have a huge amount of web space under the domain free604.com...

Oh yeah and I haven't said too much on this precisely because the wrinkles have been exposed... looks like there is a lot more to this idea than I had initially thought! If anyone wants to take whatever information I have compiled thus far and roll it into something new, by all means... go right ahead! :)

[quote=Ekto-Basilisk][/quote]

very well then.. seems we are starting to move things.. by the way what infos u have and where are they? on your website?

OK, check again this page:

as I think this idea about "submitting" will work better. It's also closer to the Discogs way of doing things (the submitter does all the work needed).

http://www.technomagic.com.au/alltracks.html
    an australian collector.. interesting unreleased material there..
  • SabKuchMilegator over 10 years ago

Very nice and interesting work guys, keep it up. :o)

80 Tracks
    1 Live Set
    2 Albums

I see that people like this idea yet we are very short on contributions at the moment. Any willing hard workers???

draeke
    http://www.technomagic.com.au/alltracks.html
    an australian collector.. interesting unreleased material there..

I started working on that list, added a few tracks already (just 3... but there's going to be more). The way to do this I suppose is to cross-check with every artist's Discogs entries. By doing it, I discovered that some of the stuff is actually released. If anyone knows more on the tracks listed in that link, please post here or mail me. Thanks.
  • ChristianPras over 10 years ago

just by looking, and not investigating, i can see alot of tunes that arent unreleased.. Aban don, afrotrance, amanite fx, anesthesia, anomaly, art of trance, asia 2001, astral projection, etc.. and all tracks by the artists that shows.
    and the ones that could be interesting are probably misnamed.

"astral projection & transwave - jaya"
    yeah right, thats most likely astral projection & dado - zero

i wouldnt count too much on that page

one more..
    "Astral Projection & Charka - Avi and Rami "

my guess is that it is

Chakra & Avi - Insignificant form of life

ahh.. just checked the page
    the link to the "unreleased list" is here http://www.technomagic.com.au/unreleased.html

anyway. i really like the idea of the unreleased directory here, but please be carefull on what you add to the list.
    cheers
  • Robostyx over 10 years ago

Robostyx edited over 9 years ago
    EDITED.

ChristianPras
    the link to the "unreleased list" is here http://www.technomagic.com.au/unreleased.html

That's the list we are talking about here, no need to look at all this guy's collection!

Robostyx
    i can trade it with an ultra rare track... (sample required first)

This directory is not meant to be a marketplace for trading tracks, it should only be a database of information. But, since you have unreleased tracks in your collection, why don't you contribute to the directory?

EDITED.

@ Robostyx

I really think the trading thing is something different than the directory. And I really don't want to talk about trading in this thread. Private messages are better for this. Period.

The directory has another purpose, to document information otherwise scattered around and -most of it- not available/accessible to anyone who is interested. A database of information, like Discogs is, but without the marketplace features.

Re: read the first post in this thread, by the guy who had this great, original idea. His post says it all.

EDITED.

ChristianPras
    please be careful on what you add to the list.

This was not supposed to be done by one man alone, so get off your asses and contribute!

How you can contribute:

- "Submit" unreleased tracks from the early 90's until approx. 1999 (there are no strict rules about this, but the consensus so far - that is: only 3 people, as nobody else has cared...- is that the DAT period didn't make it to the new millennium)

- Submit alternate titles, sources for these tracks (where you got it from... back to the original source if possible - providing you do want to reveal these sources, as already mentioned above in some posts), durations, trivia & comments on the music, samples etc. etc.

- Correct wrongly entered information. For example, if you definitely know that a specific track is not actually unreleased, or you have some "proof" to doubt its existence, say it!

- Invite someone you know and who is knowledgeable enough to contribute.

- And yes, this is not meant as a marketplace, but in the end people who do trade tracks for sure will benefit from this directory.

i second kwulf completely, i jsut can say i didnt start to submit for lack of time and not lazyness but as soon as possible i'll help out. The show off factor should be fogotten here, is not a listing to make others jealous (altough many will probably be) but to share the knowledge of what exists or existed back in the golden goa era. There is an incredible amount of tracks which never made it to the public and we are interested to know :). Maybe this could be a start for some traders as well, this is comething dealt privately by members.

kwulf

This was not supposed to be done by one man alone, so get off your asses and contribute!

hey man. its not everyone who had access to never released material. i would contribute if i could, but cant.

so #¤%" you right back

@ ChristianPras

no offense meant, sorry if it sounded that way
  • inexpressible over 10 years ago

ChristianPras
    hey man. its not everyone who had access to never released material. i would contribute if i could, but cant.

so #¤%" you right back

nothing offensive in kwulf's statement, i think you misunderstood his post. peace, people. ;)

indeed the fact was that many have material to submit but no one is doing it beside him :) just relax..

sorry. my mistake appearently

UnreleasedGoa
    118 Tracks
    1 Live Set
    2 Albums
    33 (links to) samples

...still waiting for your contributions...

UnreleasedGoa
    121 Tracks
    1 Live Set
    2 Albums
    36 (links to) samples

The news here is that now there is a plenty of webspace available for the samples, thanks to Ekto-Basilisk. I haven't worked yet on the details, nor have I moved the bulk of the existing samples there, but this is expected to happen soon. I hope this will serve as an incentive for people, to submit their samples. All changes will be posted in the UnreleasedGoa profile, and of course you will be notified in this thread as well.

Authentik unreleased list, with samples (just making a note here):
    http://phantomprod.free.fr/phantomunreleased.html

Hmmm, the Authentik tracks actually do not qualify for the directory, as the consensus (so far - namely: draeke, Electro-Magnetic, kwulf) has it that we should draw the line on tracks of the "DAT period", which more or less means somewhere around 1999.

Of course this is a matter open to discussion, but IMO we first need to catalogue tracks from that period before moving on to "all psy unreleased" (which is a fine task, but personally I am not going to get involved in it, if it is ever realized, that is).

i am happy to see something is moving i hopefully will be able to help soon, i am still in south america though, but when i/m back i'll see what i can do :)

I thought Authentik might make a worth addition as those tunes are from cancelled vinyl releases on an established label (far from being merely tracks that were floating around)... but I'm not concerned either way, it was just a thought in the moment :)

yes authentik might be added later on but i would first stick to the 90/99 divine dozens alike goanic material

he he. we could expand the directory with all the full on unrlsd killaargh baba tracks ye ye.. or something ;-)

Soulseek already covers that.

UnreleasedGoa
    124 Tracks
    1 Live Set
    2 Albums
    38 (links to) samples

Well... I've got good news! Here is our new home for the samples: http://www.free604.com/unreleasedgoa/samples/ as stated a few posts above. All existing samples are already posted there, and all links in the directory have been changed to direct everybody to the new site. I was told there is plenty of space there for hundreds of samples!

Of course, all information will remain in the above Discogs account, which you are always invited to browse, use for your personal purposes, and participate in.

It's almost 4 months since this began and after an initial period of personal disillusionment (seeing that not many people were eagerly willing to work for it), I am more relaxed now and optimistic about it. I know it will take some time until this becomes "the ultimate guide to unreleased goa" (eh... maybe I am expecting too much?) but anyway I see it as a very good start, a very specialized complement to the BIG directory which is Discogs.

UnreleasedGoa
    148 Tracks
    1 Live Set
    2 Albums
    57 (links to) samples

OK, the directory is slowly but steadily growing! I am very happy for this!

draeke
    some people would never want to be identified as the source of the tracks. some artists copied some tracks to friends which were supposed not to copy to anyone but then they copied to their best friends or to someone who assured he won't copy etc etc.. so saying i got this from this dude might reveal a lot of "broken promises"..

This is in reality what is happening, as some contributors wish to remain anonymous and for the moment I am entering their "submissions" under my name, as info/samples I have knowledge/possession of, which is not exactly true, but maybe the only way for now.

Now I want your help and knowledge in identifying some tracks that, after a lot of search from my part, I still cannot say for sure if they are unreleased or not. Maybe these tracks have been mis-titled?, or they appear under some other alias of the artist? or whatever. Anyway, please help!!!

I have posted samples here:
    http://www.free604.com/unreleasedgoa/non-verified/

The tracks are:
    * Slinky Wizard - no name (no further info)
    * Oman - Rapzod (this is from 1996-98, not later, and was said to be from Finland, maybe it's O*men - Rajdoot from http://www.discogs.com/release/330463 ??)
    * G.G. Guru - Looping World (this is maybe Gangguru ??)
    * Ollie Olsen - Junerobo (sounds to me not later than 1996)
    * Tim Schuldt - Plastica (I suspect this maybe is the track "Elastica" from http://www.discogs.com/release/195823 , can someone verify it is/it is not??)
    * Ofer (Dikovsky) - Megamorphosis (again this is not later than 1998)
    * unknown5 (a very early one, 1995 (or 1994?), doesn't sound to me like from an obscure artist, so this might be helpful)

Any help appreciated!!!

Wow! Now we are getting somewhere. Check the Etnica/Pleiadians page: http://www.discogs.com/release/985834
    (there's 11 samples already and at least 1 more on the way)

And I am still waiting for your help on the samples of my previous post.

It seems that people do check this directory often, but almost noone ever posts something in this thread! Well, for the sake of good communication, I will keep posting here the major updates done. Any suggestions are always welcome.

1) The data display on all pages has changed. The problem before was that the people who submitted the information appeared all over the "Notes" field of every artist "page", for example if a user had "submitted" info about 3 tracks, his/her name would appear 3 times there. As of a few weeks now, info is displayed first, then comes a divider, and a detailed "submission history" follows, where every submitter's name appears only once.
    The Etnica page is a good example of how this is worked out:
    http://www.discogs.com/release/985834

2) Artist logos are now added as images in the artist "pages". See again the Etnica page for example.

3) On the bottom of the main page of the directory (http://www.discogs.com/user/UnreleasedGoa ), I decided to list the 10 most recent changes made (be it new artist "pages", corrections/additions to existing, samples added etc.), so any user who visits again after some time will be able to see if he/she needs to go through all pages again to check for new info.

4) My original intention was that in this link http://www.free604.com/unreleasedgoa/non-verified/ I would be posting samples of tracks that AFAIK may or may not qualify for the directory, which means that I am somewhat suspicious if they are indeed unreleased, or listed with wrong titles in DAT lists, or whatever... (And since this webspace is kindly provided with no cost, any other user interested could also upload samples of presumably unreleased tracks there, to be "moderated" by more knowledgeable users, in order to find their way in the directory.)
    But... so far already more than a month has passed and there was no feedback at all for the first 7 samples there. If you happen to be knowledgeable about this scene and have the time, please check them (all info so far about them is just two posts above ^^).
    Thanks!
  • SabKuchMilegator over 10 years ago

i have this unrsld track called voodoo witchdoctor by simon posford and dino psaras... not sure if it's real thou, won't go submit.. :)

http://www.discogs.com/release/985827

when was that filteria mix made?
  • Joseph_S over 10 years ago

ChristianPras
    when was that filteria mix made?

Noted that already. Filteria appeared in 2004 - Crop Circles were already 7 years inactive! Also it's 3 minutes longer than the one finally appearing on Filteria's album

i thought it was pre 2000 tracks only

The Filteria mix is probably his live version plus some sort of outro - it is longer and includes the lead melody from Maia, but all five versions I have are 11:04 at the most.

well, draeke is the "contributor" of this track, so you might as well ask him for more details, I have no idea myself

ChristianPras
    i thought it was pre 2000 tracks only

yeah, me too :), maybe remove it then, what do you say?

Sheyba - Monkeys on http://www.discogs.com/release/163393
    also needs confirmation. Following Kristian's comment here http://www.discogs.com/release/1115433 I sent him a full mp3 of the track and he identified it is the same track indeed. However, what needs to be clarified is if this track was mixed with the previous one in the above compilation (so the entry in the unreleased directory is justified) or it stands on its own (so the entry needs to be removed). The difference in track time may be due to the track being sped up a bit. Does someone on this forum own this compilation and can confirm?
  • Joseph_S over 10 years ago

kwulf
    well, draeke is the "contributor" of this track, so you might as well ask him for more details, I have no idea myself

It's some months that draeke is inactive. Recently I saw him giving a vote to keep his mod status I guess but.
  • ujw34 over 10 years ago

hi,

so i will send you a copy of this cd, then you can compare it.

ujw34
    so i will send you a copy of this cd, then you can compare it.

Joseph_S
    It's some months that draeke is inactive. Recently I saw him giving a vote to keep his mod status I guess but.

draeke is still around, but in another country and with lots to do, I am sure he is still accessible
  • kwulf over 9 years ago

kwulf edited over 9 years ago
    If someone's interested, I have managed to confirm 100% who made the two LFOids tracks http://www.discogs.com/release/985080 , so the credit as it stands is definitely correct now.

What still needs confirmation though are the tracks mentioned here: http://www.discogs.com/groups/topic/120810#1927131

And for anyone interested, Lory ( http://www.discogs.com/release/1112789 ) aka Initia aka Initination is back as Archaic. His first track on that Wild Things compilation has some nice old-school overtones :)
  • kwulf over 9 years ago

OK, here's my "regular" update on this. At least once a month I'll try to post here, to renew interest for those who know, and to introduce this to people who don't know it yet.

181 Tracks
    1 Live Set
    2 Albums
    94 (links to) samples

Some of the latest changes:
    - New tracks by Pleiadians, Transwave, Blue Planet Corporation and other not-so-well-known projects.
    - Many new links to samples
    - The (unreleased extended version of the) Filteria Remix for Crop Circles "Lunar Civilization" was removed since it was produced a lot later than the "DAT age", and a note was added instead.
    - The people who actually made these tracks contribute some of the info, for example Ollie Olsen and Stephen Paterson (one half of Yopo).

Soon to be added:
    - More tracks/info by Psychaos, Ofer Dikowski etc.
    - More samples

Guys, if info keeps coming at this pace, we'll soon reach 200 tracks!
  • kwulf over 9 years ago

hmmm... now with v4, it's impossible for me to edit the pages of the directory. I hope this is just because the new Discogs system has not been fully implemented yet, otherwise this directory needs to find a new home outside of Discogs.
  • inexpressible over 9 years ago

kwulf
    this directory needs to find a new home outside of Discogs.

unfortunately i think you're right
  • kwulf over 9 years ago

Yep, since the announcement of v4 I saw this happening, but now it seems there is no other way.

Luckily there is enough webspace available to use (where also the samples are), thanks to Ekto-Basilisk.

If someone is willing to work with me on this (deciding together on the new layout, as we are not limited by Discogs-formatting anymore, and implementing the idea technically-wise, which calls for certain skills that I don't have right now), please PM me. Thanks.
  • kwulf over 9 years ago

kwulf
    hmmm... now with v4, it's impossible for me to edit the pages of the directory

This has changed today, draft pages can be edited and saved. So, the removal of this directory from Discogs is still an idea to work on, but not a necessity at the moment.
  • kwulf over 9 years ago

Yep, we just passed 200 tracks!
  • Agneton over 9 years ago

Hi folks, I sometimes come to check the UnreleasedGoa corner of discogs and now I saw Acidrunner added an early Holymen track to the databass. My question towards the directory is now if it's OK to post more early & unreleased Nitzhonot. I got a whole pile of unreleased tracks from Naga (http://www.discogs.com/artist/Naga+(2)), who is now better known as Mendark. They date from 1998.

Thanks for the answer :)
  • kwulf over 9 years ago

kwulf edited over 9 years ago
    Agneton, I sent you a mail.

----
    Edit: 9 Naga tracks with samples were added.
  • Taltala over 9 years ago

Hey.
    Just wanted to say you are making some good work
    with this databass.
    and i wanted to say i can sample "Luminus - She's Alive"
    if someone can explain me how can i sample it/upload it.

thanks.
  • kwulf over 9 years ago

274 Tracks
    1 Live Set
    2 Albums
    136 (links to) samples

Things have been moving quite fast in the last 30-40 days or so. Loads of tracks have been added, some corrections have been made, alternate names for tracks (when available) are slowly becoming a standard feature, and the "home page" has been somewhat modified, with the main change being to further clarify what a listed "source" could be, as there have been misunderstandings and complaints.

If you have any additions, corrections, samples, ideas how this directory can become better, please offer your help. Thanks to everyone involved!
  • kwulf over 9 years ago

289 Tracks
    1 Live Set
    2 Albums
    140 (links to) samples

For more than a month I had taken a break of this list, but as of today I am updating it again with new tracks, samples, correcting info etc.
    I apologize to anyone who has been waiting for a reply of some sort. I'll do my best ASAP.

The "no name" or possibly misnamed tracks are piling one after the other for some months now, and some of these are ID'ed at some point but the process is painstakingly slow. To speed it up, I need to find the time to make samples and post them somewhere, so all knowledgeable people can offer their advice.

Thanks to anyone showing an interest and getting involved in any way!
  • Ooze over 9 years ago

Ooze edited over 9 years ago
    kwulf
    Sheyba - Monkeys on http://www.discogs.com/release/163393
    also needs confirmation. Following Kristian's comment here http://www.discogs.com/release/1115433 I sent him a full mp3 of the track and he identified it is the same track indeed. However, what needs to be clarified is if this track was mixed with the previous one in the above compilation (so the entry in the unreleased directory is justified) or it stands on its own (so the entry needs to be removed). The difference in track time may be due to the track being sped up a bit. Does someone on this forum own this compilation and can confirm?

I've just been reading an old trance magazine and a record review by Chris Organic states that this was in fact due to be released on Xochi records originally?
  • kwulf over 9 years ago

Ooze, please PM me the details (name of the magazine, issue #, date) and I will add this trivia to the above page.
  • eikosaedron over 9 years ago

Is Fractal Glider - Fraud unreleased? :S
  • kwulf over 9 years ago

eikosaedron
    Is Fractal Glider - Fraud unreleased? :S

Seems so, at least judging by its name.
    If you own it, please PM me with details, so I can add it. (A sample would be lovely also!)

Ooze, please PM me the details (name of the magazine, issue #, date) and I will add this trivia to the above page.

Thanks for your PM, I will add this trivia ASAP (too busy these days!)

• Ooze over 9 years ago

No problem :)

kwulf,
    I don't own it I've just seen a mp3 version of it floating around the internet. I hope someone here would know something about it though. :)
  • kwulf over 9 years ago

Ooze
    I've just been reading an old trance magazine and a record review by Chris Organic states that this was in fact due to be released on Xochi records originally?

OK, trivia added, thanks. :)
    http://www.discogs.com/release/1115433

Any info on this?

Sample 128kbps.
    O-Men - Omena
  • kwulf over 9 years ago

eikosaedron
    Any info on this?

Sample 128kbps.
    O-Men - Omena

Searched the russian psy forums, and a guy there offers it for download (in higher bitrate, btw) and mentions (in Russian, I used an online translation site):

Date and place of release it is not known (but 96-98 years roughly) think. Ordered in one Internet shop which does not exist any more.

It is not on Discogs and I guess it's pretty rare, but if we believe this guy, this was actually released.
  • Robostyx over 9 years ago

EDITED.
  • kwulf over 9 years ago

Thanks a lot for that isratrance link! I have been looking for it. Hmmm... interesting info there. Not only ''The Rezwalker (Alien Mechanic RMX))'' is said by the man to be fake, but also there appears to have been a "Transwave - Lambada RMX" vinyl release, that was canceled. I will add all this info soon. Thanks again!

• masen023 over 9 years ago

Dado on the Lambada rmx: these rmx exists!!!!there are even 3 different versions of the lambada rmx. but there is not enough (good) transwave in it to be listed in the compilation track list, sorry. but we will post all those mixes later on our website ( UC ) . for educational purpose maybe ;-)
    i recall that jean caracos, our manager at the time, was also responsible for the huge lambada hit, and asked us to do a rmx. they even pressed a vynyl version and something like 20 000 cds ( 4 tracks ). they trashed all cds . unsellable. i guess the combination of trance music and lambada just didn t rock enough people!!! i understand them largely. honestly, you don t want to hear that track!!!!

@Robostyx: ....ultra rare track 'Transwave vs Avi-NN'. Now i am curious about it. What is the name of that track ;)

EDITED.

Soo.. it can´t be "Zero" track 2 of "The astral files".. as you have already checked that. I guess that it´s not "Bombay Night" (The only unreleased track of the Backfire album), the Arsenic Ep by Cypher-O or the old Anjuna 12" by Kaledoid... :( Someone else might know???....
  • kwulf over 9 years ago

masen023
    ultra rare track 'Transwave vs Avi-NN'

I have heard a sample of that track. To me (and to someone else, who is far more knowledgeable than me), this doesn't sound at all like Transwave. Maybe I still have the sample somewhere - I'll look for it and if I find it I will add it ASAP to the "no name" tracks page http://www.discogs.com/release/986248

EDITED.

@kwulf & Robostyx:
    yess... come on now.. upload the sample plz ;) It would be VERY nice to hear the tunes, and that somebody might recon the track :))
  • kwulf over 9 years ago

OK, for now I just uploaded the sample http://www.free604.com/unreleasedgoa/samples/transwave%20+%20avi.mp3
    Let's see first if someone recognizes it and can shed some light!
  • ukiro over 9 years ago

It certainly sounds like DNA Productions (2)-era Avi at least, but it's not off of that album nor is it DNA (3).
  • ujw34 over 9 years ago

... nice one! for me its the melody sounds a little bit like Tsuyoshi/PRANA.