• subsidence about 1 year ago

any suggestions? here what i already have...

namlook:
    season's greetings: winter
    season's greetings: spring
    season's greetings: summer
    season's greetings: fall
    2350 broadway 1 - 4
    jet chamber: 1 - 5
    from within: 1 - 3
    labyrinth: 1 - 5
    silence: 1-5
    air: 1 - 5
    a day in the live: 2
    namlook: 2
    let the circle not be broken
    pete namlook and hubertus held
    atoms: 12"
    saturn cruses: 12"

other fax:
    jochem paap: vrs mbnt pcs 95-98 1 and 2

any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • Azol about 1 year ago

Azol edited about 1 year ago
    Which style do you enjoy most?
    If you are looking to get all the "holy cows of Fax", you clearly missing Shadows Of Orion, Outland, DSotM and Psychonavigation (at least 1, 2 and 3) series, most Tetsu Inoue solo stuff, I.F., both Dreamfish and so on.
  • dr303 about 1 year ago

The Ambient Cookbook compilation was my introduction to Fax and I'd never hesitate to recommend it.
  • Si_Matthews about 1 year ago

I'd recommend....
    Tetsu Inoue solo discs plus Zenith and Electroharmonix
    Shades of Orion 1-3
    Music to Films
    IF 1&2
    Fires of Ork 1&2
    Mick Chillage FAXology
    Autumn Of Communion
    Dreamfish 1&2
    Namlook V & X
    David Moufang Solitaire
  • thirdsystem about 1 year ago

Very nice selection of FAX there subsidence.

I would also recommend Shade Of Orion series as a must have. What about expanding the Namlook/Moufang into Wagons-Lits, Home.Shopping, Raumland series and especially XX Taygete.

Deep Ambient - Gate/Sol, excellent.

Two must haves are AOC 1 and the masterpiece that is 62 Eulengasse , possibly my favourite FAX album.

Better stop there ;)
  • ilmar2350 about 1 year ago

ilmar2350 edited about 1 year ago

Virtual Vices IV , top ten FAX for me. And my first ever FAX purchase, hooked me right in.

Also check out Second Nature with Inoue/Laswell/Atom. Underated and highly interesting.
  • gandolfito63 about 1 year ago

From your list,what do you like most and least?!

Anyway I would recomend almost everything with Tetsu Inoue in credits,specially 62 Eulengasse and Shades of Orion 1 and 2 and his solo releases and also many PS releases from the years 93-96 but being specific there is risky without knowing more of your tastes.

gandolfito63 edited about 1 year ago
    I see that from the Namlook's solos you started by Namlook II,a difficult one to digest.You shoudn't buy numerically that series.Go for Namlook V (The Best of the series imho thoug of course it is very debatable) and if you like it,then volumes 11,10,7,6 or 4 are also quite interesting and prices aren't to high.The first Namlook is very minimalistic and its price is horrendous,I'd forget about it.
  • subsidence about 1 year ago

subsidence edited about 1 year ago
    appreciate all of the suggestions. i forgot to list "fires of ork 1" and "dreamfish vinyl" from my current collection. great shouts on tetsu inoue. i've been after all three "shade of orion" and "slow and low" for the past 5 years, but sadly nothing reasonable shows up. i'm only interested in original fax releases, and his stuff goes for stupid money.

gandolfito63
    From your list,what do you like most and least?!

i love the labyrinth releases. i think they are some of the best/most underrated namlook releases of all time. silence 2-5, and jet chamber 1 (2-5 are shit) are also up there. air is probably my least favorite namlook project, with the exception of air 2. that is one of my all time favorite releases.

if i was forced to pick one desert island fax album, it would be the first "from within". for me, it is the most varied, yet cohesive pk release that i am aware of. it has wonderful/sensible roland percussion (about the only thing hawtin brings to the party) yet it moves a long in an immersive manor. no two songs are a like. "from within" was the album that got me into fax, and to this day i have yet to find something that matches it's quality.

i also adore the first speedy j/jochem paap "vrs mbnt pcs 95-98" release.
  • player about 1 year ago

Just get what you can. I use to hate certain Fax albums but now love them to bits - it happens!
  • jkds70 about 1 year ago

SAD WORLD 2 ONE OF THE VERY BEST AND CHEAPEST...

SAD WORLD 2 ONE OF THE VERY BEST AND CHEAPEST...

Absolutely right!

And especially if you like the DTS discs The Ambient Gardener Series that Pete put together is highly recommended. I got all four last year. Great selection of music from across FAX , many of which can now be heard in 5.1 surround for the first time . Superb.
  • lixenixen about 1 year ago

subsidence
    if i was forced to pick one desert island fax album, it would be the first "from within". for me, it is the most varied, yet cohesive pk release that i am aware of. it has wonderful/sensible roland percussion (about the only thing hawtin brings to the party)

In the liner notes for one of those Ambient Gardener compilations Namlook says that after the From Within album came out, some critics praised "Hawtin's" beats and "Namlook's" synth strings on it, because they assumed that's how the two had split the production duties, Namlook being best known for ambient music and Hawtin for techno... But according to Namlook he actually did the majority of the beats and Hawtin did the majority of the synths, which is why he found reviews like that funny.
  • Jandruss about 1 year ago

Jochem paap II is cheap and great album!! Escape, putney 1 and sad world 1 for me are essential to a fax collection
    Ambiant otaku and organic cloud great inoue´s solo albums, and for me the best iN PS releases
  • player about 1 year ago

player edited about 1 year ago
    You need to get Ambient Cookbook 2 and albums on PS:

I.F. 1 & 2
    Solitare
    Datacide II
    Ariel Surface Service 1
    Redeye
    Sad World 1-3
    Xangadix - 1 & 2
    Atom Heart - Orange, Live @ I/S/L, Softcore
    Zenith
    Electro Harmonix
    Transonic 2 (maybe 1-3 too)
    +Nplane
    Tesu Inoue - Slow & Low. Ambient Otsku, Organic Cloud, Inland
    Replugged
    Gorn (If you don't mind techno-trance)
    Gamma
    The Whole Traffic 1-2
    David Reeves - In Starless Space, Otras
    Spacetime Conintuum - Sea Biscuit
    Fanger & Siebert
    The MS Series (I really liked this ambient-dub-techno-downtempo album)
    Solphax – Globaline

Later PS Fax releases:
    Peter Benisch - Waiting For Snow

All releases by:
    Lorenzo Montanà
    Spyra,
    Gate Zero
    Thomas P. Heckmann
    Krystian Shek
    Mick Chillage,

...don't forget to get onboard Carpe Sonum label too.
  • sophos219 7 months ago

selling a few Namlook/collab oldies: Planetarium 2, Free Your Mind & Sultan :)