• regenerativemusic 4 months ago

regenerativemusic edited 4 months ago
    There is a progressive rock band called Paternoster, which frequently it's said that the band sounds too slow, like the singer is singing below may be humanly possible. I have just found a record by a Gospel artist named Gary Williams whose music on this record, "Invisible Hands," sounds too slow. I know this because I have other records by him. This looks like his first record, and I'm not sure if he was trying to sing in a lower register but it really sounds like the whole album is too slow. Is this a possible type of pressing problem?
  • Sombunya 4 months ago

Search for a bandcamp page or youpube and give it a listen.
  • meevan 4 months ago

I think Billy Joel's first album suffered from that very problem. When cutting the master, the wrong pitch is used causing the music to be slightly too slow or too fast. The Joel album is said to have been cut too slow causing his voice to sound lower than normal.
  • soulchap 4 months ago

I have a slightly warped record which I currently have stashed under a couple of huge boxes. I'm hoping some slow pressing will flatten it out.
  • Sombunya 4 months ago

soulchap
    have a slightly warped record which I currently have stashed under a couple of huge boxes. I'm hoping some slow pressing will flatten it out.

I understand fat girls work well also.
  • sjr.bsp 4 months ago

Sombunya
    I understand fat girls work well also.

Lol...if only.
  • djksette2 4 days ago

meevan
    I think Billy Joel's first album suffered from that very problem. When cutting the master, the wrong pitch is used causing the music to be slightly too slow or too fast. The Joel album is said to have been cut too slow causing his voice to sound lower than normal.

The opposite. The album,Cold Spring Harbour,was accidentally mastered to play at 45 RPM.
    and,I can add Tom Petty's double LP "Pack Up The Plantation - Live!" seemed to be entirely mastered much slower than what the videos actually sounded like.
  • djksette2 4 days ago

soulchap
    I have a slightly warped record which I currently have stashed under a couple of huge boxes. I'm hoping some slow pressing will flatten it out.

Try a heavy book and a wooden shelf,leave it there for a while - but not as long as I did,which was a completely unplanned month - and that should work.
  • paboc 2 days ago

https://www.discogs.com/Gun-Club-Miami/release/449785
    I love this record, but this pressing sounds terrible slow, so a very awful sound
  • boogie666 1 day ago

These three reissues were all mastered about 8% too slow (all released at the same time):
    Impaled Nazarene - Goat Perversion
    Impaled Nazarene - Sadogoat
    Impaled Nazarene - Satanic Masowhore