• Kracker about 1 year ago

I had my suspicions about this release but didn't know the situation was this bad:
    ---------------------------------------
    This is important! Do not support this re-issue. This label is bad news.

Dear reader. I'm really sad to write this. A while back I got an offer from Mr Downey at Psychonavigation Records to re-release an old record I did, Waiting for Snow, originally released on FAX. Since I know a lot of people like it, and that it’s hard to get hold of, I thought it was a great idea.

Also the original label owner, Peter Kuhlmann aka Pete Namlook, died much to young only a few years ago, and I felt it would be a way to honor him and his work aswell through this. So I signed the contract…
    However, the preview and design of the material didn’t feel right, so I told Mr Downey I don’t want to pursue this and asked him to cancel the release.

Chockingly, he said he will release it anyway without my further input. I have not sent him any of the orignal audio masters so I cannot wouch for the quality of such a release, even less figure out how it can actually be done.

But should this take place, this is devastating since this is one of my personal favourite albums, originally released by a label that does not exist anymore, and the label manager, a true friend, Is dead.

Just want you to know, that if you should see this release coming in the future - It is against my will, and I have nothing to do with it. I have not delivered any original audio material or had any part of the design.

I just made a mistake of signing a contract of something I thought would benefit everyone, and pay tribute to an old friend.

Thank you for reading. Please share this post.

//Peter Benisch

-------------------------------------
    So once again a FAX release is being reissued without the artists' consent or cooperation and without masters, it's just a copy of a FAX CD

A response from Keith to Peter:
    "Peter if we can please clarify a few things so your fans / friends are fully aware of everything : Initially you provided the front cover image and we both mutually agreed to use it. You wanted a certain type of font for your name / album title and we did everything in our power to help you pick a font but you declined our offer and left me with the ultimatum to use your own designer for a fee to which we declined so then you decided today you don't want to release the record.I know it's hard to take from an artists point of view but you have no say over what direction the record label takes as regards the design. I do my best to work with an artist as in your case but alas sometimes both parties don't agree but for us to cancel the whole release after all the work has been done thus far is not acceptable. Like all our previous Ambient Lives CD's your album will be handled with love & care.
    I wish you all the best. Keith Downey"
    ------------------
    He's so full of crap. "All the work that has been done?" He hasn't even received masters!!!
  • player about 1 year ago

Sorry to hear this has happened. I think the respect and honesty is gone out the window regarding artist respect & treatment on Psychonavigation . I've become very wary of the label! I hope Spacetime Continuum 'Sea Biscuit' isn't another victim!!

Kracker edited about 1 year ago
    'Sea Biscuit'!?!? Why the fuck is he reissuing stuff that's already been reissued? He could have very well asked to reissue Lindego or something else that's much harder to come by right now but he's insistent on going after FAX stuff because he thinks it's that much of a cash grab. Or maybe he just hates FAX that much.

Oh just great. And if Jonah pulls out, Keith will just send his Astralwerks copy to get duplicated so he can stamp his crappy artwork all over it.
  • WildDragon. about 1 year ago

WildDragon. edited about 1 year ago
    The whole way things are handled is despicable.... This is what it boils down to?
  • jessfranco2 about 1 year ago

You can follow Downeys comments on his labels facebook page in which he keeps deleting the comments of Peter Benisch.

Peter Benisch who is published by Warner Music intends to take legal action over this matter with his publisher.
    Even though a contract has been signed there has been no masters delivered which just like Zenith,Downey is releasing another bootleg.
  • mickchillage about 1 year ago

No surprises here at all :( Sorry this has happened to Peter.
    there seems to be no consideration for what the music means to the artists
    and coming up to Pete Namlook's 4th anniversary this is really rather sad.

Kracker
    Oh just great. And if Jonah pulls out, Keith will just send his Astralwerks copy to get duplicated so he can stamp his crappy artwork all over it.

Hopefully he has not signed one of his worthless contracts Eric.
    Jonah has been made aware of Downeys shenanigans today by various amounts of people so hopefully he wont get Sea Biscuit.

So Benisch agrees to do the reissue, they start working on the project. Benisch doesn't agree to certain fonts and design choices so he retracts according to Downey? Well I thought the artist has strong say in the integrity of his album. If no contacts were signed, Downey has no rights to reissue waiting for snow... Great album by the way! Loved soundtrack saga and Sabines song.

Also, I feel that Benisch retracted because he felt something is wrong the way business is handled. There is a pattern now and it doesn't look good for psychonavigation label

If you haven't looked Keith has been putting crappy artwork on his reissues, probably to save that much money. When he agreed to the reissue Peter probably was told or at least under the impression that the artwork and release would be quality and up to his standard. Now he's told he has no say.

Ah the infamous No Mask Effect font...Thats whats done it :)
  • Crispy2112 about 1 year ago

Well, Downey is going ahead and reissuing the album anyway and he has blocked Peter Benisch so they can't communicate on Facebook. Mick Chillage has never received a penny in payments from Psychonavigation and I bet there are people in this forum who bought the 'Igloo' album and remixes album as well. I know I did way back when...Absolutely shocking. The whole operation is bad news. Avoid.

For the record:
    On my last release for the the label "Tales From The Igloo Re-told" I paid for the artwork,
    as I did on the first one by Jeroen who also graced the Sending Orbs artwork, beautiful in my opinion.
    Anyway the format of the album packaging was agreed on with a booklet inside. At the last
    minute Keith decided to go with a simple slip case or whatever which would mean loosing
    much of the artwork. naturally I was not happy and in the end had to pay an additional amount of
    money for the booklet as he would not back down. I would have pulled out of it altogether but with so many artists having put their time and effort into delivering such beautiful remixes for free it just seemed too unfair.

Keith also publicly bad mouthed Jeroen on facebook for making a minor adjustment to the psychonavigation logo and sent him quite a nasty email which was forwarded to me. I was also unhappy about the CDR.

Royalties or even a statement has never come my way, when I asked Mr Downey I was told that someone else runs the label and that I'm only a manager and he'll look into it.
  • Si_Matthews about 1 year ago

I never purchased the Tales Retold cd(r) as I didn't like that this was the case and there is a gap in my Mick Chillage collection :(
    Re Waiting for Snow, this is being marketed with an unreleased track. Where is this going to come from, let alone the masters?

jessfranco2 edited about 1 year ago
    According to an anonymous artist who Downey approached for a release was told Keith Reid was the director and Keith Downey the manager.Reid being Downeys real name!!

Plus the label changed it's name recently from psychonavigation to psychonavigation records!!
  • jdcapshew about 1 year ago

Peter Benisch is in the pantheon of great electronica musicians and I'm proud he is my friend. His full length albums are few and they are all masterpieces. A reissue of Waiting For Snow should be an event for all of us and unfortunately it's turned into a fiasco. I've worked in the book business my entire life and there's one thing that is true in music as it is in books, the talent, the artist, is king. Do right by your artist above everything and at the end of the day , you'll win. I like Keith Downey too, but a bit of advice to him. Go back to Peter and try to make everything right if it's not too late. This situation just pisses everyone off and damages your reputation and ultimately your business.

Kracker edited about 1 year ago
    He won't, jdcapshew. He doesn't care about the FAX label or their artists, at least of all their fans. All he cares about is making as much money out of us dumb ambient fans as possible. Peter is just the latest but not the last in a long line of artists to get cheated. He didn't stop then and he won't stop now.

And I told you jdcapshew, I told everyone, he was up to shadiness back when he signed a bunch of FAX artists after Pete's death and conveniently switched to CD-Rs, because after all we're a bunch of dumb ambient heads, but even to this day people won't listen, call me mean or whatever, and just wag your finger and say "hey eventually you're going to damage your reputation and hurt your business" How much is it going to take before that happens? How much is enough?

Peter said quite simply he doesn't want this released. They had a deal and Keith changed the deal and shut Peter out. So he's just going to take his copy of the FAX CD to get duplicated, no masters after all, slap some piss poor artwork on it so he can make an easy buck off us idiots.
    Sorry but I'm just really mad, for Benisch, for Namlook, poor soul turning over in his grave, and you should be too.

excellent post eric

The scam gets worse and worse. Now Mr Downey is trying to fabricate evidence. He knows it's illegal to press the CD's without masters, since he has to use downloaded mp3's. So he is trying to spin this as Peter has sent them.

https://www.facebook.com/peterbenisch/

god how horrible,
    he's going to pretend he received the masters and say that what Benisch is saying isn't true because his Facebook was hacked.
    You do realize this is just going to get worse and worse and he's just going to keep pressing bootlegs right?

It's not any different than selling bootleg copies on the street or in the subway....

Kracker
    god how horrible,
    he's going to pretend he received the masters and say that what Benisch is saying isn't true because his Facebook was hacked.
    You do realize this is just going to get worse and worse and he's just going to keep pressing bootlegs right?

Kickstarter campaign will be launched soon to raise the cash for a lawyer for Peter's plight

Well right now we need to alert all artists and FAX alumni and keep people from being suckered into a contract with this con artist. there's gotta be a way to stop the Benisch release if its illegal to press without masters. Zenith was also pressed without masters. There's gotta be a way to take action on this.

This is very distrurbing also

Thanks for sharing this. I had a feeling that something is not right with this label.

I run a Youtube channel as a hobby, of old electronic music video-clips (yes, videos), mostly from the 90's; including rare official ones together with my own tribute video art. In the past year, dedicated a special tribute project to FAX, by making videos planted in the FAX label CD design.

One day I got this message from Keith Downey - claim he holds copyrights for some old FAX releases. I've found this private message in my youtube channel, calling me to remove my video art of Zenith - "Electro Dreams". Since he's NOT the artist and as far as I know have copyrights (I hope for him) to publish and distribute this music, but nothing further.

Usually, where their are copyrights claims for audio tracks I upload, google immediately put them under a "Third Party Claim" and the owner can advert on my uploads (fair enough). That's not the case with Psychonavigation (even the name is stolen).
    I sometimes help artists I personally know, or those who ask me to add a link to their website, FB / Bandcamp pages etc, but in this case - I just don't know how to react. Especially now, after reading what you wrote here.
    Legally, if you reject this release and haven't transferred the audio files, your sign doesn't allow him to release this, despite your sign. I don't know what contract you have signed, so may be considered as breaking a contract and in this case, you may have to pay him some compensations, but that's it.

I recommend you to place a release comment on Discogs, so music collectors will know that they just getting a replica of the original audio - just like a CD-R and other artists will be more careful, when they make business with this man.

I have heard from Peter Benisch and it appears that Warner Publishing own the rights to this music and have been contacted. I think Mr. Downey has bitten off significantly more than he can chew this time. Deep, deep waters he's in. I hope he can swim really well. This isn't going to end well if he continues and releases. That I guarantee. Mark my words.
  • slakker about 1 year ago

After having read about other artists experiences as well with Keith I would suggest that in first hand the artists on Psychonavigation should be contacted and those who hasn't get paid or had any other serious issues should get together and make a lawsuit. Make a crowdfunding to make it happen if needed, this madness has to end once and for all.
  • slakker about 1 year ago

Crispy2112
    I have heard from Peter Benisch and it appears that Warner Publishing own the rights to this music and have been contacted. I think Mr. Downey has bitten off significantly more than he can chew this time. Deep, deep waters he's in. I hope he can swim really well. This isn't going to end well if he continues and releases. That I guarantee. Mark my words.

That on the other hand doesn't make sense because Peter himself claims he did sign a contract, he wouldn't have done that if Warner Publishing already owned the rights?

this was posted on the Psychonavigation page

I have received messages / emails from a few people asking me about this whole Peter Benisch nonsense it's none of your business so get a life please! What I will say is honestly I thought his account was hacked but it seems Peter posted those comments himself judging by his latest postings from my last emails to him. Bizarre to say the least why an artist would put it up on a public forum when he's the one in the wrong. Everyone loves a bandwagon and many have jumped on board sure it's a sad state of affairs really and when this happens you know who are your true friends but hey it's Facebook people the place were quite possibly 70% of your so called friends are not really your friends?? Think about it please! Right I'm going back to taking orders and packing cd's

Of course its people's business, they want to know if the music he's releasing is legit.

lol yea "whether im stealing from artists or not is none of your business so get a life please so i can go back to fucking over people without being bothered about it. Thank you for your support, Psychonavigation Records."
  • damian_carmine about 1 year ago

This isn't at all good :o(

Love the fact he puts himself as the victim here.... They should go to court over this.

"Right I'm going back to taking orders and packing cd's"

funniest thing i have read all day

Yeah i think we should submit orders telling him where he can pack those CDs...

Well he can start by inserting one of his usb sticks shaped as a cross up his arse.
    The ultimate butt plug

He's now claiming that Peter was in the wrong because he didn't own rights to his music but Warner Chappell does. There's too much bad juju around this whole affair... And it seems that it is a recurring thing around psychonavigation records

Yeah he's now posting how he's the victim over the point about the copyright, and doesn't see that he can just cancel the release and Peter is taking responsibility so he can take care of any expense or trouble on Keith's part just so Keith doesn't do this to a release so personal to him,
    See these:
    https://www.discogs.com/group/thread/723508?page=1#7198126
    https://www.discogs.com/group/thread/723509?page=1#7198124

Downey worming his way out of this one.
    Psychonavigtion has to be worse label on the planet!

This is bad news. Shocking behaviour/attitude, and now its also left me questioning the authenticity of my past purchases (both from a legal and mastering point of view)

Not one single artist has been paid from the research we carried out yesterday to the artist's we spoke to.
    Zenith for example is not only a bootleg but released without any consent from Tetsu Inoue.I bet his chances of snagging Sea Biscuit have dwindled this weekend.

Anyway back on topic and heard today that Warner are making a case.You dont fuck with the big boys!!

Just wondering what the hell was he thinking ? The label & himself is loosing customers, respect, trust!!

Good. Keep us updated.
    Maybe Keith will take this as a sign that he really doesn't need to release this? or is he going to go "double or quits"? lol
  • slntwtchr about 1 year ago

Does Warner own the publishing or the actual sound recordings/masters? I'm willing to bet just publishing. And Peter owns the actual masters.

Kracker
    Good. Keep us updated.
    Maybe Keith will take this as a sign that he really doesn't need to release this? or is he going to go "double or quits"? lol

no mask effect mate :)

Darla have now dropped Psychonavigation Records
  • taint about 1 year ago

This would explain why Keith kept dodging direct questions as to whether or not he had any direct contact with Tetsu when the Zenith reissue was announced...wouldn't that be some big news or have I missed Tetsu's return to the public eye?

He did state right away that he had no contact with Tetsu whatsoever.
    The questions he was dodging concerned who he had a contract with that gave him the rights to Zenith, a Mr. "none of your business" as he put it.
  • streamdreama about 1 year ago

He's doing a great job of showing respect to Pete Namlook's Legacy and his artists.

Keith changed his threads advertising Waiting For Snow to advertise "New Composers - Sputnik Of Life EP". Comments. now out of context, are still there, obviously pending deletion.

Just noticed the thread name and original post have changed... It also feels like some comments have been removed

jessfranco2 edited about 1 year ago
    https://i.imgsafe.org/66813283cf.jpg
    more threats to peter benisch
  • jamesbernard about 1 year ago

Sad to find out about this.. but glad I did.. as I was in talks with Keith/Psychonavigation about releasing an album with some new ambient music of mine. I sent him a lovely message saying that I'm not interested in working with a label that chooses to disrespect an artist that I admire and I consider a friend.

It truly is unbelievably sad.

On a more positive note, it's great to hear that you have new material to release James - I've been a huge fan since Atmospherics. Please do release it on CD though. Maybe Carpe Sonum or TXT would be a possible good home?
  • jamesbernard about 1 year ago

damian_carmine
    It truly is unbelievably sad.

On a more positive note, it's great to hear that you have new material to release James - I've been a huge fan since Atmospherics. Please do release it on CD though. Maybe Carpe Sonum or TXT would be a possible good home?

Already in talks with TXT :)
  • ACRID303 about 1 year ago

jamesbernard
    damian_carmineIt truly is unbelievably sad.

Already in talks with TXT :)

so is peter benisch :)

On the Psychonavigation page tonight.

Pre-orders soon folks!
    Many like minded Ambient followers the world over are convinced this is Peter's best ever work and who are we to argue with them!
    Ambient Lives Presents : Peter Benisch - Waiting For Snow
    A stunning mix of Ambient & IDM that was originally released on the German label FAX +49-69/450464 back in 1999. Waiting For Snow was an instant hit with Ambient & Techno heads due to the artist's ability to merge the classic sound of the Fax label with his own unique futuristic style. Not surprisingly the album quickly sold out of it's original pressing and it's cult status was secured.
    Super limited to only 200 copies with new artwork and a luxurious 6 panel Card wallet Digifile this album is bound to sell out fast so grab a copy quickly!

And sure enough, he's using the cheapest crappiest artwork he can get for the release

I can't see this (which is a good thing), but this is going from bad to worse if he goes agead and releases this whilst in dispute with the artist. And a bootleg without masters too. I used to really love the label but this is too much. This label is destined to self destruct with such behaviour

So this morning Peter Benisch recieves an email from his publisher Warner that they indeed to hold the publishing rights for Peter's album Waiting for Snow.
    Downer recieved the same email.

i have set a link underneath to Downeys reply to this from his facebook page by blatantly lying!!

https://i.imgsafe.org/76b371a8ca.png

re-read. he's trying to spin things. he said that Peter Benisch does not hold the rights rather than going on to say the Warner is the rights holder.
    somebody clarify to him that "people who still think we are wrong for releasing the album" are still right, he doesn't have the proper copyright to release it because Peter Benisch didn't.
    Or better yet, have Warner's lawyers do it. He's just going to fight this to the end since putting crappy artwork on FAX releases is just sooooo important to him.

my memory of my music law class is a bit dim after so long, but if he's releasing Benisch's recording doesn't he need both a mechanical license (for publishing) and the right's to the master? I'm assuming based on the way Namlook structured things that even if Warner said "sure - fire away and just pay a publishing fee", Benisch would be able to quash the release as the rights holder. Or at the very least, let's say FAX owns the sound recording. We KNOW Downey didn't get permission on that end.

He doesn't even have the masters themselves. He's been copying without them (Zenith, possibly Russian Spring)

my point was he needs a contract stating specifically that he has the rights to use both (at least the recording - the publishing may work differently). physical possession of the masters isn't relevant to that point (though obviously relevant to a pressing). If he goes and releases this anyway, well, we all know how we feel about that - everyone's been abundantly clear. if the original contract that Benisch "made a mistake" signing gives Donwer the rights to the Masters, then that's a whole other legal issue.

Either way it just sounds like it's bad faith to go ahead with the release, contract or no.
  • ACRID303 about 1 year ago

ACRID303 edited about 1 year ago
    There is right and wrong on perhaps both sides perhaps, I'm not sure the in's and out's.. What's been said speaks for itself... Psychonavigation should be made up Peter has chosen the label for his Artistic property to host his work as a re-release.. And any label manager would be made up to score something like "Waiting For Snow" which is undoubtedly a high quality album by a artist that imo is truly highly talented... Even going back to his early productions on Planet Rhythm and various other labels from mid-90's.. For Keith to act so spiteful even very childish going by some of the comments I've seen of his (before edits and deletions) lowers his integrity on so many levels... The fact he doesn't see his own wrong doing in all this is for me massively infuriating.. From my point of view this is Bensich saying thank you Mr. Kuhlmann for allowing me to be part of the FAX family... For someone to try gain something out of what Namlook has achieved..... It's no longer about the music... When it's all about £££/€€€/$$$ he really shouldn't even be in a position of a label manager when fundamentally he ain't got a clue.... All in all it's sad to even try and cash in on Namlooks legacy with showing zero respect for the artists involved.... To even go ahead with this release shows so much disregard and spitefulness for me beggars belief...

Don't think Peter Bensich would have put all this out there unless he didn't feel hard done by and mis-treated with all this... As I said to him on FB he's got my full support with whatever happens anyway.. Very sour taint to the whole Ambient community by a deluded con-artist who I hope one day gets his comeuppance... I won't support a label that has such a low integrity... To claim the album perhaps isn't to standard because of a disagreement over Font, Lettering, Artwork isn't what it's about... End of the day respect the Artists point of view.. Peter clearly wasn't happy with the approach or had no confidence in the end product . .. To bootleg an artists creation and think it's ok?! A little over presumptuous and a bad approach imo... Sad highly respected electronic music is held hostage on itself by a delusional megalomaniac.

Pull your head out your arse Keith.
  • foojar about 1 year ago

I've only just been catching up on this Discogs forum after several months and I'm shocked about what I've been reading about Downey / psychonavigation in this and other threads.

I may be reading it wrong, but from what I've read it appears that, amongst other things, FAX artists:
    have had their work re-released on psychonavigation haven't received any money from the sales
    master copies may not have been used in some cases
    re-issue has been done without the artist's permission
    Often the CDs are just poor quality CDRs with crap artwork:

Surely this amounts to the same as Joe Bloggs buying a CD then just copying it and commercially selling it. Therefore, making lots of money (illegally) for very little work?

It would seem that if I wanted a copy of Waiting for Snow, it would be better for me to get a friend to make a copy of theirs and give it to me. The artist (Peter Benisch) would get nothing either way, but at least nobody else would be making anything out of it. Luckily, in this example, I don't need to because I have the original CD that I bought from Pete Namlook, as indeed I have the original Zenith that I bought in the same way.

The death of Pete was a great loss. What's happening now is an absolute disgrace.

Disgraceful
  • grblzbx about 1 year ago

Years ago Downey gave me attitude when I merely wanted to unsubscribe from his mailing list (which I never willingly subscribed to). Told me that he has better things to do, "packing & shipping releases" and all that. Seems like not much has changed... sad to see respected artists exposed to his erratic moods as well. One would expect a little more respect.
  • balagan about 1 year ago

balagan edited about 1 year ago
    It looks like Keith Donwey of Psychonavigation Records is determine not only to remove my video to Zenith, but to terminate my entire Youtube channel of 400 videos, many of them are my own artwork and uploaded with permission and support of the artists.

This channel is by fan to fans and for fun. I don't get payed for my work and have no intention to make a business out of it.
    I was expected the removal of Zenith video but now, I've just got another one removed, "suddenly" after 4 years. It looks like Keith is contacting artists and asking them to complain and remove my uploads, even though other users' uploads of the same content are still online.

Youtube shut down channel after three strikes, within 90 days, so... I will have to upload everything again, whenever I get the time. It's a lot of Sisyphean work and it is pity that I will have to do this, instead of making new videos.)

Well, the only thing I can ask for anyone who read this is not to buy any products from Psychonavigation Records (I definitely won't).
    Also, after reading about the problems Mr Donwey makes to Peter Benisch, I recommend artists not to make any business with this man, as you might be the next one to be screwed!

I've stoppped supporting Psychonavigation Records!

I know it's relatively minor, but I remember putting an order through psyconavogation in the past and as I was putting through my PayPal payment, he asked if I could tick the box stating that it was a gift not goods as it would save him a bit in fees. I duly agreed, thinking why not (even though I knew I would sacrifice my buyers rights within PayPal.) but the result of me doing so meant that I incurred fees instead, so ended up paying more for my order! When I contacted Keith regarding this, his response was: "Oh Well". It left a bad taste, that is for sure, but now it seems to make more sense.

wow what a fucking cheat... :(

He wont be around for much longer...Namlook's publishers have been made aware of has unsavoury acts as have all the ambient community... Psychonavigation Records is dead as a Dodo

"Keith Downey at Psychonavigation is officially the most horrible person I have met in my life..."
    -Peter Benisch

This would make a great blurb for the back of the digipak btw

and still we await sea biscuit..........

if it does happen luckily there's still plenty of Astralwerks copies including one i'm getting with ambientklop's collection, which i would gladly just give away just to prevent someone from having to buy one of Keith's cheap copies.
    Still, a shame, would have been nice to have a deluxe reissue with bonus tracks of this masterpiece.

cant see it happening after jonah has seen/heard downers recent shenanigans!!

"if it does happen luckily there's still plenty of Astralwerks copies including one i'm getting with ambientklop's collection, which i would gladly just give away just to prevent someone from having to buy one of Keith's cheap copies. "

@Kracker, I'm about to buy Keith Downey's crappy version, save me!

LOL nice try

In French we say "l'Espoir fait vivre" (Hope keeps you alive)....

mickchillage edited about 1 year ago
    I know Keith can no longer post on here, but I'd like to say that I think its fair that the label psychonavigation
    have had numerous opportunities to clear up a question that many people as consumers would like to know.
    "How the rights were obtained on behalf of Tetsu Inoue with the re-issue of Zenith?" Its a fair question. I mean
    if you are buying clothing and are concerned that the item was not made under fair trade, the retailer or manufacturer
    should be able to supply proof that no sweat shop or child labour was involved and it would be in their interest to clear their brand if such questions were being asked. In the case of the Zenith re-issue which many hold close to their hearts,
    potential consumers and fans have been told to mind their own business or its a private matter?

Recently an ex Fax artist, I've removed their identity with the linked screenshot of a message from the label boss where
    he demanded an apology for suggesting that the rights have not been properly acquired.
    The ex Fax artist again requested proof and was given a similar reply.

All of this is really not good PR for the label and sadly puts them in questionable position regarding basic moral ethics.
    if there is some proof then the label owes it to the fans of Fax and even more so to the fans of Tetsu Inoue simple as.

https://i.imgsafe.org/f931fc63ca.png

What stinks in all this as much as Downer's personal hygiene is the fact Zenith was signed off by a bloke who basically played midi guitar on the album.It's not even a proper collaboration and thats where Mr Downey/Reid took full advantage knowing that Tetsu was not available.The same slimey act he pulled on Namlook!!

Forget this forum. he had numerous opportunities on other forums where he was still allowed to spam, including once where i asked him again straight up. and once again, responded with "none of your business" before having my concerns deleted by whining to an admin. As if its not a customer's business to know whether they are buying pilfered goods, or in this case a release copied from an existing CD (without masters) without the artists or former label's permission (Ambient World copies are still for sale)

Some good news for once..
    Peter and Keith have come to an agreement and Waiting For Snow will NOT be reissued. Peter would like to thank the FAX community for their invaluable support.

The matter on this is closed. Thank you all.
  • taint about 1 year ago

On Keith Donger's newest mix there is a track from Sea Biscuit and a FSOL track both designated as Psychonavigation tracks. I guess this means that the Sea Biscuit release is definite and this is the first I've heard of him releasing one of the Environments albums.

Saddens me that such a good album will be sold for 1 euro by the end of the year

The FSOL Track was featured on one his comps some years back.
    Agreed, sad indeed to see it end up in a devalued state a year or so down the road..

So this is what a label boss gets up to in order to make some sort of point :(
    Renaming his discogs account which he has had since early the 2000's to Neo Ouija just to spread
    his bitterness, targeting Lee and myself. https://postimg.org/image/dnwu94k0p/

A very low blow. Is he trying to put off his last remaining customers...? ...if there are any left by now...

https://www.discogs.com/group/thread/732119?page=1#7264480
    https://www.discogs.com/group/thread/732118?page=1#7264479
    Report the hell out of him

I quite enjoy the fact that his business is doing so poorly he has time for this nonsense.

Nice of him to give my Touched release a one star rating while using another persons identity.
    knowing that all proceeds go to cancer support.
    https://www.discogs.com/release/stats/9440626

He seems to be a very bad attention seeker!

It's hillarious...If your going to troll someone at least use a different account.
    Neo Ouija will always be bigger and much more respected than his label.Thanks for making yourself look a cunt Keith in front of everyone.
    Priceless!! :)

Plus the fact that all proceeds of digital sales from Neo Ouija are going to the
    touched cancer charity. Nice one Mr Downey.

Quite sad to see a label boss going to the trouble of creating a fake website, paying for hosting to impersonate a record label that he feels is some sort of competition to him? The fake website here http://www.neoouijarecords.com/home.html Vs the real one http://neoouija.info second image. the fake website is posted on the recently renamed https://www.discogs.com/user/Neoouija which was once Keith Downey.
    all his sales history is still there so clearly it is Psychonavigation????????