• ambientkop about 1 year ago

This is a shot in the dark. I am selling all my cds as we are downsizing. I want to sell all my Fax cds together. Not sure how many I have. Maybe 150.
  • jessfranco2 about 1 year ago

you might struggle selling them all together

Hence the opening line of "this is a shot in the dark".
  • Kracker about 1 year ago

what's your ask?
  • player about 1 year ago

player edited about 1 year ago
    You might regret it big time later! I certainly did when I sold some Fax CDs that I thought at that time I didn't like! Only to re-buy them again later (usually paying a lot more) out of curiousity & wondering about why I sold them only to re-discovering the artist/music/label again over time. and was lucky to have got them when I did inc some wonderful gems I dismissed back then . A good amount of Fax cds are gone or becoming pricey now., so be absolutely sure you want to get rid of them because once gone they could be gone forever 😫

I have all my cds, 10000+, backed up on my hard drive. At our age we are downsizing and I no longer need the physical cd. I know some Fax are worth a lot, but many others are not. I talked to someone about this earlier in the year. They are not worth as much as I would have thought. If I was to get an average of $20.00 Canadian dollars I would be happy. Multiply that by how many I have and that would be my asking price, negotiable of course. Keep in mind that that is Canadian dollars, worth much less worldwide. I think 70 cents American. Even less converted to Euros.
  • little_alien about 1 year ago

ambientkop
    At our age we are downsizing and I no longer need the physical cd.

You might want to edit your Discogs profile then...

ambientkop
    looking to trade cd-rs. i could never part with a cd from my collection. most of my collection are hard to find items.

I have too much stuff and too little space too. My solution was renting a storage unit :)

Forgot about that. LOL!!! Still hate to part with them but have no need anymore.
  • damian_carmine about 1 year ago

What condition are they in?

All mint. No scratches. Same with the artwork. these were my pride. Some of the cases were beat up when I bought them. Took me years to collect. Ordered from all over the world. Cases I have had to replace that were really bad as they are not unique.

Send me a list ambientkop and we might be able to do business.

Damn. let me see if i can find an email i sent to someone earlier. I had listed all the releases in my collection. Give me a bit.

HERE IS WHAT I MESSAGED SOMEONE EARLIER THIS YEAR REGARDING MY FAX COLLECTION.

I went through my collection. I have 163 Fax related items. I have PK 87-93, 95, 97, 98, 100, 102-104, 106, 107, 109, 113, 115-117, 119, 123, 125-127, 129, 133-139, 141-158, 159-177. For PS I have 39, 47, 48, 51, 52, 54, 55, 57-60, 62-65, 67-77, 80, 82, 83, 86, 88-111. For PW I have 10, 12, 15-18, 20, 21, 23-26, 28-30, 32-34, 36-38, 40-51. For AW I have 004-006, 008-013, 018, 021, 022. Then for miscellaneous for lack of a better term I have:10 Years of Silence, 2350 Broadway Collection, The Fires of Ork (R+S), Air I+II (Instinct), Silence I+II (Instinct), Alien Community I+II (Instinct), Sad World I+II (Instinct), Cymatic Scan (Subharmonic), Sea Biscuit (Astralwerks), Second Nature (Sub Meta), Psychonavigation (Subharmonic), From Within II (Minus), Flowerhead (Ashphodel), Ambient Cookbook II.

See, there is my conundrum. 163 times 20 equals $3260. So, if someone had $3000.00 just laying around I would sell them. And these are not even my rarest items. I have all the EMIT cds too. LOL!!!

alright it'll be awhile until i check all those numbers, do the math, and see if I can pull a fair offer together or not.

if eric does a deal i'll pick the ones from eric i dont have :)

Take your time. They are all boxed away. I am sure you will come up with a fair number. But when the item(s) become personal it is harder to let them go.

That is what I was thinking jessfranco2. I had someone that would have taken them on consignment. Should not be too hard for whoever buys these to sell them off one by one and make a profit. I just don't have the time for that.

im with you mate..theres a few gaps in my fax collection
  • IHeartGaming about 1 year ago

Would you be willing to part with the initial Labyrinth separately?

No. No interest in selling them off separate. No time for that. Sorry.
  • IHeartGaming about 1 year ago

I would like to work with the buyer (after Kracker and Eric) to hopefully pick up a few more Fax, if possible. All of my Fax are listed in my collection.

Kracker and Jess - would you be willing to do this?

Feel free to email me privately too at ambientkop@live.com with any questions or offers that you might not want public.

Why not just start an eBay auction, and let it roll from there?

Don't have time for that Damian.

I don't mean to list every release, but just so everyone one here can make bids in a civilised way, and also to widen the scope for others to join in. You can set a very short deadline if time is of issue. If I had thousands of dollars worth of anything, I wouldn't think twice about doing it this way. Unless you are on the run or something... ;o)

Anyhow all of the guys above are good folk and you can be sure that your collection will be going to someone who would definitely appreciate it.

We are downsizing. This is not about making money at all. If that was the case I would be posting one at a time on Ebay looking to cash in. The first person to give me a price that is fair can have them all. If someone came along a day later and offered more, I would honor the first person's offer. I could make a mint putting them up one by one. I quickly looked one up for funsies. Lowest asking price was $120.00 Canadian. Doesn't mean he will get it but I am asking for $20.00 apiece. I paid an average of $20.00 for them. My biggest day was in Toronto back in the 90s. 40 Fax cds for $800.00. All used.
  • Jandruss about 1 year ago

Hi there
    How muchs for your whole emit collection? what titles?

Hey damien he just wants to hand off the task of doing everything you're asking him to do to someone else. If was interested in anything you would do with this collection, he would not be here proposing this. ebay doesn't work well for whole collections: not that many bids if any, you have to pay the fees, can only sell to the highest bidder, etc. etc.
    ambientklop, just a heads up, its still going to be awhile until i can get to my computer where i can calculate an offer.
  • Vert1 about 1 year ago

Pictures please

He says they were all kept pristine, Vert1. I believe him

No rush Kracker. I will have to dig them up for pics. All I have for pics right now are shots of the spines on my shelves that I no longer have. Can I attach pics here?

ambientkop
    I paid an average of $20.00 for them. My biggest day was in Toronto back in the 90s. 40 Fax cds for $800.00. All used.

I find this a bit contradictory tbh. If they are supposed to be all mint.
  • little_alien about 1 year ago

ambientkop
    Forgot about that. LOL!!! Still hate to part with them but have no need anymore.

Somehow that sounds like a wife or therapist talking... Still, I think this is probably the best place to give these a good new home.

Therapist for sure!! Mint? I actually have no idea what that word means for cds. To me it means no scratches at all and artwork is as new. If a better word to use is "good" then they are good. I don't care for any of these terms. What I am asking for is what I paid therefore it matters not to me. Like I said above I see one listed for $120.00 in mint condition. I am asking $20.00.

shreearkestra let me go find the EMIT releases. Will get back to you.

Is still for sale the fax collection?

My entire collection is for sale shreearkestra. Kracker has first dibs if we agree on a price. I will mark SOLD on here is it sells. Otherwise, consider it available.
  • brianfrick about 1 year ago

I am also selling my entire collection -- I have approximately 248 CD releases, all in VG+ or better condition unless otherwise noted in my collection -- FAX folder. I can provide a list upon request. Been a FAX collector since 1993 and a member of the various mailing lists over the years... Time to downsize, as well, and focus on the new chapters in my life. Hoping to pass on my collection to someone who can appreciate it as much as I did. :)

Man, that's going to be harder to move. and you'll have to go into greater detail on the condition of them.
    And you're looking for sell to someone who isn't wanting to break up the collection?
    And what's your ask for that?

ambientklop, just checked through your catalog numbers and going over them, will have an answer for you soon.

brianfrick..i'll swap you some txt cds :)

Kracker
    Man, that's going to be harder to move. and you'll have to go into greater detail on the condition of them.
    And you're looking for sell to someone who isn't wanting to break up the collection?
    And what's your ask for that?

I'm not adverse to breaking up the collection. I will update my discogs.com collection with better conditions for them all, but there aren't more than a few with visible scuffing or other issues. DSOTM 8 has a burn mark in the CD itself that was a manufacturing defect, but it plays perfectly and AccurateRip reports it as a 100% match. YT1 is showing disc deterioration, but plays fine. If any of the other discs show scuffing, it's superficial only.

I'm open to offers on the collection, but was looking to get around $7k US. I don't want to spend the time selling them all individually but will if I don't get any offers. Open to negotiation.

Brian, you were ahead of me by a couple years. I didn't start on my Fax journey until about 1995 so missed some key early releases. It was fun catching up and then buying them new as they came out.
  • WildDragon. about 1 year ago

7,000$/248= 28 $ something per cd

Need to see which Cds you have that are below the 28 $ value and the ones above that value.
  • Lanciferion about 1 year ago

Hey Brian. Can I see your list? I live in the states, and if you don't
    sell your entire collection, I might be interested in buying some stuff.
    Send me a message.

Aloha, Lance.

Keep in mind I am looking for 20 Canadian dollars per cd. Not American or Euros. A huge savings for my US and overseas neighbors.

brian can you send me the list also please
    best
    lee

Can you message me with your email address?

jessfranco2
    brian can you send me the list also please
    best
    lee

Just so everyone knows, I am now in possession of ambientklop's collection. I have everything listed above plus some extras and his em:t collection. Any questions or offers, direct them to me
  • maya_of_elevatorium about 1 year ago

Kracker
    Just so everyone knows, I am now in possession of ambientklop's collection. I have everything listed above plus some extras and his em:t collection. Any questions or offers, direct them to me

Is there a list possible to view?

He posted a list of everything earlier in this thread. That's all i have until i write up an inventory that i can keep current.
  • WildDragon. about 1 year ago

ambientkop
    I went through my collection. I have 163 Fax related items. I have PK 87-93, 95, 97, 98, 100, 102-104, 106, 107, 109, 113, 115-117, 119, 123, 125-127, 129, 133-139, 141-158, 159-177. For PS I have 39, 47, 48, 51, 52, 54, 55, 57-60, 62-65, 67-77, 80, 82, 83, 86, 88-111. For PW I have 10, 12, 15-18, 20, 21, 23-26, 28-30, 32-34, 36-38, 40-51. For AW I have 004-006, 008-013, 018, 021, 022. Then for miscellaneous for lack of a better term I have:10 Years of Silence, 2350 Broadway Collection, The Fires of Ork (R+S), Air I+II (Instinct), Silence I+II (Instinct), Alien Community I+II (Instinct), Sad World I+II (Instinct), Cymatic Scan (Subharmonic), Sea Biscuit (Astralwerks), Second Nature (Sub Meta), Psychonavigation (Subharmonic), From Within II (Minus), Flowerhead (Ashphodel), Ambient Cookbook II.

Kracker edited about 1 year ago
    if anyone needs a translated list just email me or message me,
    Or you can wait until i list everything on discogs here soon.
    Offers will still be welcome.
  • CHPM about 1 year ago

ambientkop
    I have all my cds, 10000+, backed up on my hard drive. At our age we are downsizing and I no longer need the physical cd. I know some Fax are worth a lot, but many others are not. I talked to someone about this earlier in the year. They are not worth as much as I would have thought. If I was to get an average of $20.00 Canadian dollars I would be happy. Multiply that by how many I have and that would be my asking price, negotiable of course. Keep in mind that that is Canadian dollars, worth much less worldwide. I think 70 cents American. Even less converted to Euros.

ambientkop
    Therapist for sure!! Mint? I actually have no idea what that word means for cds. To me it means no scratches at all and artwork is as new. If a better word to use is "good" then they are good. I don't care for any of these terms. What I am asking for is what I paid therefore it matters not to me. Like I said above I see one listed for $120.00 in mint condition. I am asking $20.00.

OK, I'll give you $20.00, it's a deal.

CHPM please read through the rest of the thread first,
    He sold his collection to me and i am selling it, Offers are welcome until i put it up on discogs. The more you buy, the more of the savings get passed onto you.
  • adackbar1972 about 1 year ago

Kracker
    CHPM please read through the rest of the thread first,
    He sold his collection to me and i am selling it, Offers are welcome until i put it up on discogs. The more you buy, the more of the savings get passed onto you.

Hi Kracker. Are you able to email me with a "translated list" please? Thanks

i repeat, if anyone needs a translated list just email me or message me

Can you send a translated list with your prices?
    thanks

Kracker edited 9 months ago
    FOR THE LAST TIME:
    Kracker
    i repeat, if anyone needs a translated list just email me or message me

No prices. Offers only.
    They get prices when i put everything up on Discogs. In the meantime, offers.

EDIT: All CDs have been sold so no further offers or inquires. Thread will now be locked now. Thank you.
  • Lanciferion about 1 year ago

I have been watching all of this transpire since day one before the deal was done.
    I do believe Kracker has explained what everyone needs to do 100 times already.
    Just e-mail or send a message telling him what you need. Then he will work with you. It's that simple.