• GrimUpNorth 9 days ago

• Austin_Osman_Hoffman 9 days ago

Joe and Bernie, what's not to like. I think Joe Rogan is actually pretty interesting, as he has guests from the whole political spectrum and often gets under the surface and gives them the opportunity to make their point or hang themselves. There was an interesting interview he did with a NYT journalist, who started smearing Tulsi Gabbard, but when she was given the opportunity to justify those smears she really couldn't and ended up looking really dumb, without Joe even really trying.
  • tekkno-guy 9 days ago

He has also done podcasts with Andrew Yang and Tulsi Gabbard. Be an informed voter and watch those too.
  • GrimUpNorth 9 days ago

tekkno-guy
    He has also done podcasts with Andrew Yang and Tulsi Gabbard. Be an informed voter and watch those too.

Slightly off topic but I recommend his chat with Johann Hari regarding the drug wars - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDpjvFn4wgM
  • GrimUpNorth 9 days ago

Austin_Osman_Hoffman
    There was an interesting interview he did with a NYT journalist, who started smearing Tulsi Gabbard, but when she was given the opportunity to justify those smears she really couldn't and ended up looking really dumb,

It was Bari Weiss - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpurFfcSNfU
  • tekkno-guy 9 days ago

GrimUpNorth
    tekkno-guyHe has also done podcasts with Andrew Yang and Tulsi Gabbard. Be an informed voter and watch those too.

Slightly off topic but I recommend his chat with Johann Hari regarding the drug wars - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDpjvFn4wgM

His was good too!

I though Bari Weiss was from Storage Wars lol.
  • GrimUpNorth 9 days ago

tekkno-guy
    Tulsi Gabbard.

I fucking love Jimmy Dore atm. He just did this on Tulsi - https://youtu.be/hCdt578jumo

I wonder how big is he in the states? As a Brit I just wish we had someone as fucking good here to put a spot light on the bullshit of the mass media.
  • tekkno-guy 8 days ago

Jiimmy Dore is not really listened to much here in the states. He and Tim Black both seem to have fallen in love with Tulsi and defend her against attacks from the media. Unfortunately mainstream media won't pick up on it and it has the side effect of people thinking they are conspiracy theorists.

By the way...I don't think that Tim Black is a comedian so he is saying the same things as Jimmy Dore in a not funny way.
  • Austin_Osman_Hoffman 8 days ago

The other person who seems to have fallen for Tulsi is Fox's Tucker Carlson, weirdly. He's had her on a few times, been ultra nice and agreed with pretty much everything she's said. He may just be doing it to troll the Dem establishment, who hate her.

She isn't doing too well in the polls, probably because of all the smears through mainstream media, so may not make the cut unfortunately.
  • tekkno-guy 8 days ago

Austin_Osman_Hoffman
    The other person who seems to have fallen for Tulsi is Fox's Tucker Carlson, weirdly. He's had her on a few times, been ultra nice and agreed with pretty much everything she's said. He may just be doing it to troll the Dem establishment, who hate her.

Yes, the Tucker Carlson thing is strange. I think he might have a crush on her, or Fox feels that Tulsi is a weak candidate and really want her to stick around to bring the other Dems down. The conservatives I have talked to think that Tulsi is a moderate Dem which she clearly is not. Tucker has not asked her 1 question about healthcare or universal basic income.

Not sure what the polls say...they are inaccurate anyway especially with non establishment candidates.

I read a VOX article the other day and it was talking about all of the Dem front runners and they mentioned who was making the cut based on individual donations they basically said that the candidates that have not reached the 130k threshold yet probably won't make it. Then they listed everyone who had hit the number but left Tulsi off of the list even though she hit the number 3 days earlier. No one has mentioned that she has had what appears to be the largest uptick in individual contributions since the 2nd debate.

This reeks of what happened to Bernie last election cycle...and it makes me sick. The people are sick of the DNC and their media partners controlling who we hear from.

Andrew Yang is being left out too...pretty frustrating stuff. I voted for Kamala to be my Senator and I am already sick of her running for President. Please media darling, just go back to the chamber and get to work. There are better candidates.
  • jondavey 8 days ago

GrimUpNorth
    Austin_Osman_Hoffman
    There was an interesting interview he did with a NYT journalist, who started smearing Tulsi Gabbard, but when she was given the opportunity to justify those smears she really couldn't and ended up looking really dumb,

It was Bari Weiss - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpurFfcSNfU

But she doesn't though. She backed up everything she says.
  • jondavey 8 days ago

GrimUpNorth
    As a Brit I just wish we had someone as fucking good here to put a spot light on the bullshit of the mass media

You joking ?! Practically the whole of our entertainment industry is baised on satarising the shit the MSM tries to peddle and the bolloks the right wing try to get us to think is normality. Frankie Boyle Have I got News for you, Spitting Image (which is returning), Jonathan Pie, that Taxi driver dude who's name I forget, ....It's basically what good arts and culture does these days !
  • jondavey 8 days ago

tekkno-guy
    Tulsi Gabbard

I find myself a bit confused about someone who has, clearly, spent a fair while in the millitary but then who speaks out against a war, Did she not know when she joined up that this is literally what the millitary do ?
  • jondavey 8 days ago

My mistake she was in the medical core. Which doesn't count.
  • jondavey 8 days ago

• GrimUpNorth 8 days ago

jondavey
    GrimUpNorthAs a Brit I just wish we had someone as fucking good here to put a spot light on the bullshit of the mass media

You joking ?! Practically the whole of our entertainment industry is baised on satarising the shit the MSM tries to peddle and the bolloks the right wing try to get us to think is normality. Frankie Boyle Have I got News for you, Spitting Image (which is returning), Jonathan Pie, that Taxi driver dude who's name I forget, ....It's basically what good arts and culture does these days !

Noted but I don't see them doing what he is. Who is the taxi driver??
  • jondavey 8 days ago

jondavey
    But she doesn't though. She backed up everything she says.

What, she backed up calling her an 'Assad toadie'? If you're working as a journalist and you're going to smear someone so definitively in public, you really shouldn't need to be desperately searching the net on your phone to try and find any info to back up your smears, you should know what you're talking about. She's supposed to be a journalist. NYT is part of the DEM machine that smears people like Gabbard and that journalist is a cog in it. This video breaks it down pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS-sxJFn6O0

jondavey
    And that bird with the glasses was right to question Gabbards record on LGBTQ issues it appeares

The Huff Post is also an establishment democratic mouthpiece. The majority of articles about Gabbard in it are negative hit pieces. She has explained her position multiple times about Assad and LGBT, but the smears just keep coming because the donors aren't happy with her for not wanting their money to do their bidding, as it was and still is for Bernie.
  • jondavey 8 days ago

jondavey edited 8 days ago
    GrimUpNorth

This guy is very insightfull, but jesus christ he can talk ! He could talk the hind legs off a donky. I'm not bragging but I had a complete political awakening after my breakdown and the insight into where my depression came from was so obvious it was slapping me in the face. And I'm sure I could articulate this in about five minutes at most. I'm not really sure it needs an entire book too ?

....actually having said that I enjoyed what he said about Billie Holiday and about how the drug cartel the Zetas were formed. It's a bit like when the U.S. released slaves back to Liberia and the first thing they did was use the exact techniques used against them on the Africans who remained there, enslaving and badly mistreating them in the exact same way.
  • jondavey 8 days ago

Austin_Osman_Hoffman
    If you're working as a journalist and you're going to smear someone so definitively in public, you really shouldn't need to be desperately searching the net on your phone to try and find any info to back up your smears, you should know what you're talking about. She's supposed to be a journalist. NYT is part of the DEM machine that smears people like Gabbard and that journalist is a cog in it. This video breaks it down pretty well.

I guess. But in our faster on-line culture people don't always read their ideas from the entire context from where it spawned. As a result that info doesn't become crystalised in our memories properly but just exists in the periphery of our memory. I'm acuelty aware of the media machine and it's machinations. Our current left wing leader is the most semeared politician in history.
  • jondavey 8 days ago

Austin_Osman_Hoffman
    The Huff Post is also an establishment democratic mouthpiece

Oh, I didn't know that.

Austin_Osman_Hoffman
    LGBT

So those claims aren't true ?
  • tekkno-guy 8 days ago

jondavey
    mistake she was in the medical core. Which doesn't count.

Why would that not count? She earned her Combat Medic ribbon by doing her job under duress and in combat. They don't just hand those things out. She didn't get it by taking the medic classes the Army made her take.

I also participated in Iraq, but was in the Navy. Tomahawk missiles. I killed tons of people with them. However, I did not earn a Combat Action Ribbon as we were not under duress. The Army (again) used their Patriot Missile System to shoot down all the Scuds that were fired our way. Her job was more dangerous than mine, by a long shot, and she deserves the recognition for that.

Why is she anti-war? The same reasons I am. If you can't understand why from a simple review of what she has said on the matter then perhaps you don't understand just how much the US has wasted over the years on these stupid ass wars. You might though judging by comments on the other thread...the US has arguably created or had a hand in every conflict that is happening on the planet right now.

Tulsi used to have a different view of the LGBT people. She has evolved. Progressives are allowed to do that I think. it is part of making progress. Conservatives though? Their views don't change. So I don't hold that against her.

For me, this issue of war overrules every other issue. I voted for Ron Paul back during Obama's first run. On the day Bernie Sanders announced he was running for President back in 2014 I told my wife that I would be voting for him even though I couldn't remember his name (I only knew him as "The Independent from Vermont.") His name didn't matter to me...my knowledge of his NO vote on the Iraq invasion was enough for me. Trump said he was against all these wars, but he hasn't done a damn thing about them other than use his position as executive in chief to make threats.

$4,000,000,000 is how much the US spends every month in Afghanistan. Bin Laden has been dead for years now...time to move on America, we weren't supposed to move in.
  • jondavey 8 days ago

You have kind of understood me backwards i think.........My point was if you're anti-war why join the military at all ? But if you go there to help injured, wounded people that's a different matter, you aren't inflicting death on anyone. Get me ?
    tekkno-guy
    .the US has arguably created or had a hand in every conflict that is happening on the planet right now.

I know, I posted that.

jondavey
    So those claims aren't true ?

This article spells it out. She grew up in a very conservative family with a father who was very vocally anti-gay. She grew up with that but changed her mind and apologised many years ago for the views she used to hold. I think it is clearly a smear to continue to bring it up as if they are her current views.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/17/tulsi-gabbard-apology-lgbt-comments-1109541

jondavey
    I guess. But in our faster on-line culture people don't always read their ideas from the entire context from where it spawned. As a result that info doesn't become crystalised in our memories properly but just exists in the periphery of our memory.

She's a journalist for a national newspaper and accused Gabbard of being the 'motherload of bad ideas'. I would assume, given it is your job, you would be able to back that up with the facts that led you to that opinion without any hesitation. That is a pretty strong and damning opinion to hold about someone and share in public, yet she didn't appear to know why. Instead she struggled about on her phone for an age going from one thing to another before landing on something about Gabbard's views 10 years ago about LGBT which she doesn't hold any more and apologised for.

jondavey
    My point was if you're anti-war why join the military at all ?

She isn't anti-war, she is anti regime change wars, or wars with countries who pose no direct threat. She favours diplomacy first and foremost. The way what she says is portrayed by mainstream media is very different to what she actually says. I can't link to Youtube at the moment but it is worth seeing her make the arguments about it first hand. I actually think one of her interviews with Tucker Carlson covers this.
  • jondavey 8 days ago

Austin_Osman_Hoffman
    This article spells it out. She grew up in a very conservative family with a father who was very vocally anti-gay. She grew up with that but changed her mind and apologised many years ago for the views she used to hold. I think it is clearly a smear to continue to bring it up as if they are her current views

Reformed people are quite often the most ardent campaigners against the issue the once were complicit in.

Austin_Osman_Hoffman
    'motherload of bad ideas'.

Yes, that's quite the statement and she didn't actually substantiate that, true.

Austin_Osman_Hoffman
    She isn't anti-war

Oh, shame. And I was beginning to like her :)
  • tekkno-guy 7 days ago

jondavey
    You have kind of understood me backwards i think.........My point was if you're anti-war why join the military at all ? But if you go there to help injured, wounded people that's a different matter, you aren't inflicting death on anyone. Get me ?

Not really. I think you might not understand how she arrived at her opinion.

She joined the military after 9/11. She received training. She went to war and did her job. She saw a lot of BS and came to a different understanding of how things should work politically. She came back, continued to serve as a reservist in the National Guard, and ran for office to help change how things work in America.

I don't get how you are drawing your line. It makes no sense. She never said she was anti-war prior to entering the military as far as I know.
  • arteom 7 days ago

GrimUpNorth, weren't you giving someone else shit the other day for all these political posts? what happened??
  • jondavey 7 days ago

tekkno-guy
    I don't get how you are drawing your line.

Jesus christ it's not difficult. Some people go into the army and kill people. Others go into the military and treat those wounded soldiers who get injured and don't kill any one....get it ?
  • GrimUpNorth 7 days ago

arteom
    GrimUpNorth, weren't you giving someone else shit the other day for all these political posts? what happened??

Nah only the constant back and forth between Hoffman and Black about being/not being a white supremacist
  • Austin_Osman_Hoffman 7 days ago

Jimmy Dore revealing more CNN smears of Gabbard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCdt578jumo&t=
  • jondavey 4 days ago

So do you have the same bullshit anti-semitism claims over there as we do ? Like if you show any consideration or support towards Palistine ? (have we talked about this before ?, I forget).
  • AskeladdenBlack 4 days ago

jondavey
    have we talked about this before ?, I forget

errrrrrrr................................yerrrrrrrr

Finally the US does the decent thing re Israel
    Rogue State: Israeli Violations of U.N. Security Council Resolutions
    Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu set to face bribery charges

Plenty of anti Israel/poor palestine dribble on these threads started by our resident haters.
  • RhubarbRhubarb 4 days ago

AskeladdenBlack
    errrrrrrr

You still here? I would have thought anyone with a shred of self-respect would be hiding their head in absolute shame after being so publicly caught out and humiliated in such shameless repeated childish lying. Why do you think anyone would want to discuss anything with someone as dishonest as you now? What would be the point exactly? You also have the very unfortunate combination of utter ignorance about everything and strongly held extreme opinions about everything, a recipe for the tediously repetitive worthless word vomit that spews every time you post here. Nothing you write is worth the time it takes to read it.
  • RhubarbRhubarb 4 days ago

And I say that from a place of love, because I hate to see anyone making such a cringy emarrassment of themselves. Come on Urine, get some dignity.
  • jondavey 4 days ago

AskeladdenBlack
    Plenty of anti Israel/poor palestine dribble

Aw C'mon dude. Do you HAVE to be so very predictable ?! I'm honestly getting tired of the way you trot out the right wing party line at every opportunity. Do you ever form you're own opinions. Do you know what the Israelis are doing over there in reality ? There is world wide recognition that they have breached and gone over the line delinating human rights a long time ago. How you can claim to be oblivious to this is astounding.
  • AskeladdenBlack 4 days ago

Ahhh the left, focused solely on attacking the West & Israel, everywhere else gets a free pass.
  • RhubarbRhubarb 3 days ago

AskeladdenBlack
    weep blub bleat

Jesus fucking christ Urine, you are such an unbearably whiny little irritating bitch. Boo hoo hoo, the left are soooo unfair, picking on poor Israel and the west, blub blub blub, you will hurt their poor feelings and mine too, I can't stand it, I need a safe space where I don't have to read opinions that aren't as dumb as mine. What a pathetic fucking snowflake.

Since when did the far-right become such crybaby bed-wetting pussies? I though you were supposed to be gun-toting, death penalty demanding, confederate flag waving warriors. And here you are AGAIN, whinging on and on about people just execising their right to free speach to talk about what they want. Now mop those snotty tears and post something worth reading for once in your life.
  • jondavey 3 days ago

Where do YOU wanna' talk about, Venezuela, Syria, Iraq, Liberia, Vietnam ?
  • jondavey 3 days ago

GrimUpNorth
    In case you missed it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O-iLk1G_ng

I can't believe Bernie just said " I could sell guns to people who will use them to do bad things" ?........just have a little think about that ....USE THEM TO DO BAD THINGS !! These are guns designed spesificaly designed to kill PEOPLE. Even the ones that aren't, that are designed for hunting....still can kill people. Where is the common sense ?!
  • jondavey 3 days ago

Why is he so frightened to say that the republican administration is propping up the weapons industry ! And are complicit in the problem ?!
  • jondavey 3 days ago

And Joe said people are "on amphetamines like Prozak" Is that right ? Is Prozak (Fluoxetine) an amphetamine ?
  • jondavey 3 days ago

Fluoxetine is an SSRI not an amphetamine ?! what the hell is he talking about ?!
  • jondavey 3 days ago

Just a thought. The FARC rebels make a pact with the government, however then the real enemy moves in !

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jul/11/colombia-deforestation-farc
  • Austin_Osman_Hoffman 2 days ago

jondavey
    Where is the common sense ?!

Looking for common sense in America's gun laws is pretty foolish. There are many who are politically on the left who still believe the right to bear arms is sacred. I think America has been living through a process of desensitisation to gun violence in an atmosphere of blatantly stupid lies and justifications accepted as the truth fed to the public by politicians funded by the NRA for so long now, even otherwise reasonable people can't see the wood for the trees.
  • jondavey 1 day ago

Austin_Osman_Hoffman
    I think America has been living through a process of desensitisation to gun violence in an atmosphere of blatantly stupid lies and justifications accepted as the truth fed to the public by politicians funded by the NRA for so long now, even otherwise reasonable people can't see the wood for the trees.

It just goes to show how powerful the overall perception of an issue can be as a force for bad, seemingly regardless of it's truth value. Where have the proper thinkers and shapers of opinion disappeared ? Do you have anyone to look to other than Noam Chomsky ?
  • Austin_Osman_Hoffman 1 day ago

Austin_Osman_Hoffman edited 1 day ago
    People who are intellectual enough to fully understand the issues and media-savvy enough to effectively communicate their ideas to a mass audience in the modern age of soundbite social media are few and far between. Noam Chomsky is really from a different era and had much more impact when the media had fewer outlets, more time and was much less tribal. There is no equivalent of Chomsky for the modern age that I have seen. But the problem in America is not really a lack of thinkers or shapers of opinion, It is that the people with the power to change the laws and shape policy are largely bought and paid for. Until that changes, law and policy will reflect the interests of those who buy the politicians, not what is morally right or will benefit the majority. Money in politics also stifles any real meaningful debate, as the goal of politicians is to serve their paymasters while convincing the public they aren't by smoke and mirrors, so any debate is already built on a false premise.
  • jondavey 1 day ago

So true. Something we are struggling with right now is that BoJo has a column in, what might have once been, a reputable paper. The Telegraph. So he can essentially shape things up however he wants from there and because it's a broad sheet and in black and white it has thins aura of truth about it. Even though it has been reported, through decent jornalism, that in the past he has written two opposing texts for the column and chosen the one that most aligns with his perceved notion of what the public opinion is.
  • Austin_Osman_Hoffman about 12 hours ago

Currently the UK has many problems, but there are strict limits around donations and what campaigns/parties/candidates can spend, which means elected representatives are far less beholden to corporations or the very rich than they are in the USA. Where those people have had a greater influence is in mainstream and print media in the UK, but that grip has been slowly loosening with the explosion of online media. I also think anything written in Boris's column will be taken with a pinch of salt by most, a bit like Trump's tweets.