• Spiff-303 2 months ago

Came across Dogma - Land of Utopia, where prices start at a modest 70€ for a 2009 re-release on CDr, and stop at 400€ for a original copy. So it got me wondering, who carries the biggest pricetag? What's the highest you ever came across, paid or sold?
  • Dolmot 2 months ago

One evergreen is Koxbox - Live At Burning Man 1996, 500-600+ € according to the sales history.

Apparently someone has also paid 500€ for Flippin' Bixies - Sörkkä Sonic. (I definitely didn't participate in any of these transactions.)

Etnica - Tribute / Intense Visitation used to have completely bonkers asking prices, but apparently nobody really paid those. (OK, 250€ is a bit bonkers but not a world record.) The CD release has probably diluted the interest.

Some other Blue Moon Productions (2) releases have gone pretty high too.
  • microdelic 2 months ago

microdelic edited 2 months ago
    I paid 235 euros for the original copy of Asia 2001 - Psykadelia (Trans'pact release)
  • Spiff-303 2 months ago

Dolmot
    One evergreen is Koxbox - Live At Burning Man 1996, 500-600+ € according to the sales history.

Apparently someone has also paid 500€ for Flippin' Bixies - Sörkkä Sonic.

I couldn't do it. Literally, but even if I had the money to spare, still no, because opnions ;-) Another one is this cassette release https://www.discogs.com/Paranoic-Sensations-Krakakot/release/856493 that got sold for 250€ recently.

microdelic
    I paid 235 euros for the original copy of Asia 2001 - Psykadelia (Trans'pact release)

That's passion. Can't say the same about those sellers.
    I heard some guy paid a large amount like that and got send the re-release when it just got out. Somebody else told me that the original sounds better because of remastering, but haven't had a chance to compare them yet.
  • microdelic 2 months ago

The original releases are way valuable than re-released ones, I like and prefer way more the old non-remestered sound than the new mastering into old music...I like it dirty and rough. so I'm glad that I got the original copy of it. especially when my goal is to complete all the Trans'pact discography sooner or later...
  • Spiff-303 2 months ago

microdelic
    I like and prefer way more the old non-remestered sound than the new mastering into old music..

Couldn't agree more, that raw unpolished sound is exactly why I stick with mostly oldschool, it makes you feel the music. I like a clean sound too, just not in my goatrance ;-) . I don't mind a re-release if it means I can own a legit copy of the music for a fraction of the price like Psykedelia. Tbh It doesn't sound much different or cleaner than Andromede or Galactic Nebula. I'm also after those trans'pact releases :D
  • BogzBinny 2 months ago

The pleiadians - alcyone single sided vinyl, it's been for sale at that price for a long time now. Also the Flippin Bixies cd
  • TheMakke 2 months ago

microdelic
    The original releases are way valuable than re-released ones, I like and prefer way more the old non-remestered sound than the new mastering into old music...I like it dirty and rough. so I'm glad that I got the original copy of it. especially when my goal is to complete all the Trans'pact discography sooner or later...

Is the Suntrip reissue of Psykadelia even remastered? It doesn't mention remastering anywhere. I analyzed and added the reissue to this popular dynamic range database: http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/165984
    Somebody who owns the original pressing should analyze it and add it to the database for comparison.

What I found out was that Psykadelia reissue has better dynamics than the other Suntrip albums I own, but slightly worse than the first three Asia 2001 albums. The album 'Asia 2001 - Râ' is actually the most dynamic goa trance CD in my collection, they probably didn't master it at all so the dynamics were preserved in full.

Really a shame that most CD albums have been ruined by the loudness war, I would love to hear more dynamic goa trance.
  • augoust 2 months ago

TheMakke
    microdelicThe original releases are way valuable than re-released ones, I like and prefer way more the old non-remestered sound than the new mastering into old music...I like it dirty and rough. so I'm glad that I got the original copy of it. especially when my goal is to complete all the Trans'pact discography sooner or later...

Is the Suntrip reissue of Psykadelia even remastered? It doesn't mention remastering anywhere. I analyzed and added the reissue to this popular dynamic range database: http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/165984
    Somebody who owns the original pressing should analyze it and add it to the database for comparison.

What I found out was that Psykadelia reissue has better dynamics than the other Suntrip albums I own, but slightly worse than the first three Asia 2001 albums. The album 'Asia 2001 - Râ' is actually the most dynamic goa trance CD in my collection, they probably didn't master it at all so the dynamics were preserved in full.

Really a shame that most CD albums have been ruined by the loudness war, I would love to hear more dynamic goa trance.

Psykadelia reissue is NOT remastered
  • TheMakke 2 months ago

augoust
    Psykadelia reissue is NOT remastered

Alright good to know, I definitely wouldn't be able to afford the original haha.
  • Andromeda-LSD 2 months ago

I paid 341 euros for "Moon Tribe - Moon child in August of this year and 200 euros for Dogma - Land Of Utopia in September, but they were in a near mint state and are very difficult to see for sale.
  • draeke 2 months ago

Andromeda-LSD, wow.
    but yes I concur the rarest goa releases are those Blue Moon releases, only pressed in Taiwan and distributed in small numbers in Asia, mostly in Thailand and Taiwan. It's been said that there's someone there sitting on a pile of unsold copies of all of them, but that he/she won't let them go, for whatever reason.
  • Joseph_S 11 days ago

Andromeda-LSD
    Moon Tribe - Moon child

Is this good?
  • Andromeda-LSD 11 days ago

[quote=Joseph_S][/quote]

There are much better goa trance jobs, this would not be in a top 20, for example. Even so it is a good job with two CDs and a good artwork. What increases its value so much is especially the difficulty to see it for sale and that it is in good condition, its distribution very unfortunately very limited.
  • SabKuchMilegator 10 days ago

https://www.discogs.com/Blue-Planet-Corporation-Blue-Planet/release/40940

Begins to be... (and for a good reason if I may add)

Right now a copy with ONLY the cd is being sold for a ridiculous price of 68 euros. The other copy for sale, all included, goes for more than 200 euros at this point.
    I can't hold my enthusiasm saying that there was a seller a day ago, a huge rock/pop discogs seller let's add that much, who probably just took that "only the cd" 68e as some kind of estimate as to price his copy, selling mint/mint copy for 65e! I've been looking for this album so long... :)
  • BogzBinny 5 days ago

SabKuchMilegator
    https://www.discogs.com/Blue-Planet-Corporation-Blue-Planet/release/40940

Begins to be... (and for a good reason if I may add)

Right now a copy with ONLY the cd is being sold for a ridiculous price of 68 euros. The other copy for sale, all included, goes for more than 200 euros at this point.
    I can't hold my enthusiasm saying that there was a seller a day ago, a huge rock/pop discogs seller let's add that much, who probably just took that "only the cd" 68e as some kind of estimate as to price his copy, selling mint/mint copy for 65e! I've been looking for this album so long... :)

This one I really don't feel too bad about having them in digital files. This is a flying rhino release and many copies of this album were made, why is it so expensive?