• BDACID 5 months ago

Hi lads and ladies, I'm look to compile a new set of trancy hardcore techno.
    The likes of forgotten moments, listen carefully and the first rebirth first come to mind but I'm for more, enough to do at least 1 to 2 hours worth.
    Your input will be much appreciated and I'll put a link-up on here when done

Cheers bdacid 😈
  • Assassimon 5 months ago

Also on Bonzai I would check out early Phenetic System releases: Fantasy, Reality, Dark Symphony/Concrete Box, ..
    Kuadra - La Onda (de Einstein), The Parade - Something else, ..
    Cenobite records could be a label to select from.
  • Tommasi 5 months ago

Rexanthony
  • John_Galbraith 5 months ago

DJ Stompy 97-98
  • jape 5 months ago

jape edited 5 months ago
    You'll surely enjoy this existing thread:

https://www.discogs.com/group/thread/815752

and an oldie:

https://www.discogs.com/group/thread/653787
  • BDACID 5 months ago

Thanks all, I have a load of tracks now and I'm in the process of constructing the set.
    Will put up a link when done 😈
  • .less. 12 days ago

.less. edited 11 days ago
    https://m.soundcloud.com/bdacid/bdacid-gabber-trance

I suppose this mix is the result of your research?
  • freewave 7 days ago

freewave edited 7 days ago
    BDACID
    Thanks all, I have a load of tracks now and I'm in the process of constructing the set.

Got a tracklist? Curious with what you went with.

These are my two sets of Trancecore
    Dutch Trancecore
    Trancecore
    and then the Trancecore that became Freeform.
  • BDACID 6 days ago

freewave
    BDACIDThanks all, I have a load of tracks now and I'm in the process of constructing the set.

Got a tracklist? Curious with what you went with.

These are my two sets of Trancecore
    Dutch Trancecore
    Trancecore
    and then the Trancecore that became Freeform.

Bdacid – Gabber trance tracklist

Jones & Stephenson - The First Rebirth
    Zenith - Black Alienation
    Lockjaw - The Point
    Xenomorph - The Visitor
    DJ Rob Vs Da Future - What do we die for
    REXANTHONY - Cocoacceleration Cocoricò
    Buzz Fuzz – Frequencies
    Sulfurex - Point Break
    8am - The Fog Track
    Army of Darkness Feat Dj ERush Liberty - Freedom
    Bioforge - Turbulence
    Machines - Acid Storm
    Crypt - Delusion
    Dj Freak - Party Trance
    Wedlock - Terradome
    Lenny Dee - The Dreamer
    Speed nova - acid instinct
    Leviathan - The New Generation
    Strychnine - Utopia
    R Wagner - Listen Carefully
    Rexanthony - Thunderdrome
    Diplomat Brain - Wave Live At Rez
    Lenny Dee - Forgotten Moments
    Monty - Techno Trip
    Zenith - Flowers of Intelligence

Listen to Bdacid - gabber trance by ☠ ƁƉ∆ϾỊƉ ☠ on #SoundCloud
    https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/MAiu7
  • freewave 6 days ago

freewave edited 6 days ago
    Brilliant, thank you! I made a list for it if you don't mind so I could see all of what you picked.
    https://www.discogs.com/lists/Gabber-Trance/838630
    Let me know if you want me to make it private or edit it in anyway. Cheers
  • unibomber 5 days ago

BDACID
    Hi lads and ladies, I'm look to compile a new set of trancy hardcore techno.
    The likes of forgotten moments, listen carefully and the first rebirth first come to mind but I'm for more, enough to do at least 1 to 2 hours worth.
    Your input will be much appreciated and I'll put a link-up on here when done

Nice track selection and mix!
  • core25 5 days ago

Great selection and props for including both Zenith tunes - they'll always remain special. Wasn't familiar with the Xenomorph and DJ Rob tracks so it's always good to hear something new :)

On another note, you didn't by any chance happen to win that Monty record on Ebay a few months ago cos if so... you bugger :D I had my sights set on it too and ended up going for a very affordable price
  • BDACID 5 days ago

core25
    Great selection and props for including both Zenith tunes - they'll always remain special. Wasn't familiar with the Xenomorph and DJ Rob tracks so it's always good to hear something new :)

On another note, you didn't by any chance happen to win that Monty record on Ebay a few months ago cos if so... you bugger :D I had my sights set on it too and ended up going for a very affordable price

No it was sass's own copy, I got it when he passed 😞
    He was a good friend
  • core25 5 days ago

Still bang out the occasional Sass set every now and then, he was only the DJ I ever heard play this oddity on the B side https://www.discogs.com/DJ-Robbo-Jon-Doe-South-American-Tree-Fridge-Power-Vicious/release/336025
  • traffic_cone 4 days ago

i do think the reason he had that too is from working at alphamagic, given what the a side sounds like. (although the a side is a personal favourite too). i'm 100% sure that b side is Jon Doe (that name sounds like something he'd come up with), it is an oddity, especially as I don't think he made anything else even remotely similar.

side point i'm pretty sure both versions of that release should be merged - i don't think there's any labelled copies of that release.
  • core25 4 days ago

I'm not familiar with any of Jon Doe's Breakbeat Happy releases but having a quick gander now it seems quite a few are sought after. I've always liked his Hard Trance/Acid-nrg output particularly "Transonic" on Electric Kingdom and come to think of it, the tune he had a hand in on Morgan 2 "Acid Roll" that's definitely more on the Trancecore tip.

What I also like about Sass is he went outside the Hardcore box to release those High Octane records.. with the Hellfish one being a particular standout and still holds up against anything today (referring to Doors Of Insanity).
  • traffic_cone 4 days ago

he was one of the first to try bringing breakbeat hardcore back in 97, and those are my favourites of his. athough the two big ones of his would be Timebomb (a huge anthem that came out when happy hardcore was at the absolute nadir of popularity) and one of his first tunes Feel The Energy. funnily enough - i mentioned that on the USH facebook group a couple of years ago in a discussion of the most expensive happy hardcore records and he had no idea people were paying £50+ for it. and it's cos it was only big in the North East. funny thing that.

oh and he was also responsbile for a bootleg of "Heart of Gold" which (legend has it) caused a massive stink, i believe with Force & Styles threatening to move distributors if they let him release it. arguably the fact he was able to make Heart of Gold tolerable is the greatest proof of his skills :D

core25
    What I also like about Sass is he went outside the Hardcore box to release those High Octane records.. with the Hellfish one being a particular standout and still holds up against anything today (referring to Doors Of Insanity).

I don't know if he would have been directly influenced but High Octane was sort of a UK equivalent to Position Chrome. On the tougher end of techstep, but not quite into early breakcore territory (except for the Ultrafex records).

you might like the stuff on Amputate / Psycho Audible Warp Phenomenon too, more late 90s uk stuff broadly in the same vein.

I will also say I do love Hardcore Mafia as well - especially the early ones with the bouncier vibe, so up my street. in fact on #4 Sass even has rips of two of my all time favourite oldskool records (citrus - fascination & universe records #1). plus i think it has the only Gordon Tennant release not on a Scottish label.

i remember speaking with him a bit through email in my early days of buying records online, would be early 2000s...was def before Discogs marketplace, probably from the buy & sell forum on USH - i sold him the first R Wagner n Dom. which i only remember because of how enthusiastic he was about that record :D even from that i can see why he had an impact on people. rip.
  • core25 4 days ago

traffic_cone
    athough the two big ones of his would be Timebomb

Cos of talking about Bloody Fist stuff in the other thread, as soon as I saw the title my mind went to thinking it might have the Public Enemy sample... how wrong could I be after listening :D. Saying that, I don't mind the melody (I mean I do have Bonkers 1 somewhere) but the singing...

Perhaps Sass was influenced/inspired to do his own Position Chrome equivalent label as at least one of those records used to be played in the Technodrome by Producer "Tron" - with it's epic intro that certainly appeals to my ears and (not so much) the flip side as well. I don't know if Sass ever played PC stuff anywhere. I like a fair bit by Panacea, some really dark and evil tunes like "Anti-Funk" for example which is also blessed with a 303 but most of that "Twisted Designz" album and the "Low Profile Darkness" hit the spot. I'll check out the Amputate etc stuff, thanks for the recommendation.

Hardcore Mafia was a great label - one of my most cherished records is #11 for "Welcome To Slavery" ...the other side is good too but it's definitely my pick and to my knowledge didn't get played that much certainly when compared to some of the other releases.

I have a couple of Forever Forward records with "Sass" written on them bought sometime in the mid 2000's from either Discogs or Ebay but I can't remember if he was the seller, maybe BDACID knows if he used to tag all his records? That's as close as I came to dealing with him personally if that's the case.
  • BDACID 4 days ago

core25
    traffic_coneathough the two big ones of his would be Timebomb

Cos of talking about Bloody Fist stuff in the other thread, as soon as I saw the title my mind went to thinking it might have the Public Enemy sample... how wrong could I be after listening :D. Saying that, I don't mind the melody (I mean I do have Bonkers 1 somewhere) but the singing...

Perhaps Sass was influenced/inspired to do his own Position Chrome equivalent label as at least one of those records used to be played in the Technodrome by Producer "Tron" - with it's epic intro that certainly appeals to my ears and (not so much) the flip side as well. I don't know if Sass ever played PC stuff anywhere. I like a fair bit by Panacea, some really dark and evil tunes like "Anti-Funk" for example which is also blessed with a 303 but most of that "Twisted Designz" album and the "Low Profile Darkness" hit the spot. I'll check out the Amputate etc stuff, thanks for the recommendation.

Hardcore Mafia was a great label - one of my most cherished records is #11 for "Welcome To Slavery" ...the other side is good too but it's definitely my pick and to my knowledge didn't get played that much certainly when compared to some of the other releases.

I have a couple of Forever Forward records with "Sass" written on them bought sometime in the mid 2000's from either Discogs or Ebay but I can't remember if he was the seller, maybe BDACID knows if he used to tag all his records? That's as close as I came to dealing with him personally if that's the case.

Yes he did. I got his record box and I'd say 99% of the records were tagged with sass and other bits of info which I guess were for when playing out.
    As for the high octane stuff Sean was always a massive d&b fan and the dirtier the better, will never forget his face when a dirty as fuck baseline dropped..... pure gold
  • core25 4 days ago

Cheers for clearing that up and no doubt some absolute gems in that record box