Why only a Top 7?

Here is the Top10 Thread...

https://www.discogs.com/group/thread/591646
  • jose_music 19 days ago

musicshaolin
    Why only a Top 7?

Here is the Top10 Thread...

https://www.discogs.com/group/thread/591646

Because 7 is my lucky number and I asked 80's songs only.
  • musicshaolin 19 days ago

So you mean only oldschool Italo ,so to say ,and no New Italo.
    I understand...
  • musicshaolin 19 days ago

OK,here is a Top 7 of mine

1.Mr.Flagio-Take a chance
    2.Chris Luis-The heart of the city
    3.Casco-Cybernetic Love
    4.Big Ben Tribe-Tarzan loves the summernights
    5.Doctor´s Cat-Feel the drive
    6.Nemesy - You can,You can
    7.Ris - Love ´N ´Music
  • maxhim 18 days ago

Fockewulf_gitano
    Kirlian camera_ communicate (album vrrsion
    Sensitive_driving
    Brand image_are you loving
    Polo est_fly fly
    Tom hooker_looking for love
    Giusy dej_walking in the night
  • PHAEAX 18 days ago

fun fun - happy station
    righiera - vamos a la playa
    scotch - discoband
    miko mission - how old are you?
    my mine - hypnotic tango
    ryan paris - dolce vita
    Gary low - You're danger
  • maxhim 18 days ago

PHAEAX
    fun fun - happy station
    righiera - vamos a la playa
    scotch - discoband
    miko mission - how old are you?
    my mine - hypnotic tango
    ryan paris - dolce vita
    Gary low - You're danger

That.s a conservative list Phaeax:)
  • PHAEAX 18 days ago

maxhim

That.s a conservative list Phaeax:)

...and I forgot to mention:

Ken Laslo - Hey hey guy.
  • henrypercy 17 days ago

1. Helen - Witch
    2. Liza Mancini - A Summer Night
    3. Clio - Faces
    4. Lilith - Evelyn
    5. LS Manera - Sombrero
    6. Scotch - Mirage
    7. Pat & Pats - Tobago

stick that in your pipe and smoke it!
  • FantasizeMe 17 days ago

henrypercy

2. Liza Mancini - A Summer Night

the best
  • henrypercy 17 days ago

FantasizeMe
    the best

Yeah - love it so much!
  • maxhim 17 days ago

henrypercy
    stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

got for 4 years an u.k. girfiend but this is a new one
    btw she was from Bradford
  • tjm123 13 days ago

1. Mr. Flagio - Take a Chance
    2. Sphinx - When I'm In Love
    3. K. Barre - Right By The Moon
    4. Doctor's Cat – Feel The Drive
    5. Kristal - Love and Magic
    6. M= P.B - Co-Operation
    7. Yvonne Kay - Rise Up (For My Love)
  • danisberg 13 days ago

New topics are meant to rise the attention about something interesting, in a world that dies slowly but surely! To come with a post that has been discussed over and over again, over the years, covering the really interesting topics (just by changing the number to only 7, when it previously was 10, 5 or 100), not only means lack of empathy, but a certain lack of inventiveness, which leads me to ask:

Don't you have something else better to do or are you malicious?! What is the point of this old, primary thread, with another number!?

What if I am asking for a top 3, or 2, just because they are my lucky numbers?! In fact, I will do this, right away! Let's cover the really interesting topics with this stupidity!
  • maxhim 11 days ago

maxhim edited 11 days ago
    danisberg
    New topics are meant to rise the attention about something interesting, in a world that dies slowly but surely! To come with a post that has been discussed over and over again, over the years, covering the really interesting topics (just by changing the number to only 7, when it previously was 10, 5 or 100), not only means lack of empathy, but a certain lack of inventiveness, which leads me to ask:

Don't you have something else better to do or are you malicious?! What is the point of this old, primary thread, with another number!?

What if I am asking for a top 3, or 2, just because they are my lucky numbers?! In fact, I will do this, right away! Let's cover the really interesting topics with this stupidity!

Not really agree here. Although it.s an old topic, there are new members coming in and old topics will be locked after a few months. But ok, safe this group and come with an new interesting topic!
  • danisberg 11 days ago

maxhim
    danisbergNew topics are meant to rise the attention about something interesting, in a world that dies slowly but surely! To come with a post that has been discussed over and over again, over the years, covering the really interesting topics (just by changing the number to only 7, when it previously was 10, 5 or 100), not only means lack of empathy, but a certain lack of inventiveness, which leads me to ask:

Not really agree here. Although it.s an old topic, there are new members coming in and old topics will be locked after a few months. But ok, safe this group and come with an new interesting topic!

1. An interesting topic would be the statistical frequency at which one old member should stand/endure the repeatedly opening of the same thread, over and over again, with the alibi the opener is a newbie!

2. I am not obliged to open an interesting topic each time an idiot comes with an obsolete one! I am not the world savior.

3. Wouldn't be a smarter idea to not lock up the old threads (if they are really closed, which I doubt)?! I know ancient threads not closed, that meaning they are still interesting! If they are not, let them be closed!

4. Now, really, who is interested nowadays in someone else's top 5, 7, or 10?! Waste-timers, but, apart from them, who?!

5. I am one of the very few trying to revive iventi's chatboard, the only dynamic one that I remember! No one cares! Why should I care for someone who has Ryan Paris, Sabrina, Gazebo, Baltimora, Spagna, Kostas and Pozzoli in his top 7?! Common songs, great songs, but more than common! What's the information brought by this topic, where you meet the most common, basic italo disco songs! Yes, few among my hundreds of favorites, but that's all!

Come on, you're absolutely ridiculous!
  • musicshaolin 11 days ago

I can understand danisberg reaction a little bit, cause as a newbie you should try to find orientation when you enter a group by looking up older,already existing threads.That is just my personal opinion.
    Of course it is not forbidden to open a new thread but as an old member of Discogs and a bit of experience with the forums I know that it needs a bit of organisation and moderation to keep it simple and properly.
    However there are new members joining and we should not take everything too serious!We are also here for the fun...
    The thread opener wanted to make a Top 7 of only 80´s Italo,so I gave my top 7....
  • danisberg 11 days ago

danisberg edited 11 days ago
    musicshaolin
    I can understand danisberg reaction a little bit, cause as a newbie you should try to find orientation when you enter a group by looking up older,already existing threads.That is just my personal opinion.
    Of course it is not forbidden to open a new thread but as an old member of Discogs and a bit of experience with the forums I know that it needs a bit of organisation and moderation to keep it simple and properly.
    However there are new members joining and we should not take everything too serious!We are also here for the fun...
    The thread opener wanted to make a Top 7 of only 80´s Italo,so I gave my top 7....

Right, more than reasonable reply! Still, yesterday, I opened a few threads, also for fun: the threads with "your favourite top 2 of Italo-Disco from the 80's", "your favourite top 11 of Italo-Disco from the 80's", "your favourite top 9 of Italo-Disco from the 80's", "your favourite top 4 of Italo-Disco from the 80's" and so on!

Few of them already received answers! :)))

Well, isn't it discrimination, since, at the end of the day, mine were deleted, while his, well, not yet?! What if for every thread already existing here, we would open 10 similar, or almost identical?! When a serious italo disco collector/fan would try to go for a ride here and to search for some topics, how could he be able to find them, among so many, which look almost the same?!

I may seek for something serious, here, someday! Well, why should I be obliged to scroll down, between top 10s, top 2s, top 4s, top 9s, top 3.14s and so on?! Why?! What if hundred people open, each, a thread with their "whatever number" top, pretending their "whatever number" is their lucky one and all the numbers are different?!

An argument should firstly be reasonable and acceptable, isn't it?! Am I wrong when saying a newly opened thread should have a serious reason, a point?! Preferably, a common goal, a purpose followed by more than one egoistic human being! What is the point of that thread, other than a personal ambition of someone, almost virgin to italo disco, on my opinion?! It's obvious that guy doesn't know much of the phenomenon, his top 7 proves it! Well, when you're a newbie, you should firstly find path between experienced people. It's nature's way!
  • danisberg 11 days ago

maxhim
    danisbergNew topics are meant to rise the attention about something interesting, in a world that dies slowly but surely! To come with a post that has been discussed over and over again, over the years, covering the really interesting topics (just by changing the number to only 7, when it previously was 10, 5 or 100), not only means lack of empathy, but a certain lack of inventiveness, which leads me to ask:

Here is an interesting topic, I just opened:

https://www.discogs.com/group/thread/920572
  • maxhim 11 days ago

danisberg
    maxhimdanisbergNew topics are meant to rise the attention about something interesting, in a world that dies slowly but surely! To come with a post that has been discussed over and over again, over the years, covering the really interesting topics (just by changing the number to only 7, when it previously was 10, 5 or 100), not only means lack of empathy, but a certain lack of inventiveness, which leads me to ask:

1. An interesting topic would be the statistical frequency at which one old member should stand/endure the repeatedly opening of the same thread, over and over again, with the alibi the opener is a newbie!

2. I am not obliged to open an interesting topic each time an idiot comes with an obsolete one! I am not the world savior.

3. Wouldn't be a smarter idea to not lock up the old threads (if they are really closed, which I doubt)?! I know ancient threads not closed, that meaning they are still interesting! If they are not, let them be closed!

4. Now, really, who is interested nowadays in someone else's top 5, 7, or 10?! Waste-timers, but, apart from them, who?!

5. I am one of the very few trying to revive iventi's chatboard, the only dynamic one that I remember! No one cares! Why should I care for someone who has Ryan Paris, Sabrina, Gazebo, Baltimora, Spagna, Kostas and Pozzoli in his top 7?! Common songs, great songs, but more than common! What's the information brought by this topic, where you meet the most common, basic italo disco songs! Yes, few among my hundreds of favorites, but that's all!

What do you have contribute here over the years. ? Not written only 1 review also. And call members idiots like you do at point 2 ?
  • Ianstan 11 days ago

I mean, it's nice to have new life breathed into this forum once and while, but writing multiple paragraphs and creating several fake threads (the ones that got removed) to ridicule a guy who made one slightly redundant thread just seems a little bit overkill. I understand the frustration at the redundancy, but I don't think it's fair to make too much of a fuss about this. The Italo-Disco community is small and insular enough as it is without alienating folks.
  • danisberg 11 days ago

maxhim
    danisbergmaxhimdanisbergNew topics are meant to rise the attention about something interesting, in a world that dies slowly but surely! To come with a post that has been discussed over and over again, over the years, covering the really interesting topics (just by changing the number to only 7, when it previously was 10, 5 or 100), not only means lack of empathy, but a certain lack of inventiveness, which leads me to ask:

What do you have contribute here over the years. ? Not written only 1 review also. And call members idiots like you do at point 2 ?

I didn't call all the members idiots, as you try to insinuate. But, generally speaking, for one with an IQ of 80 points, the number of retarded is smaller, than for someone else, with an IQ of 130. Do you copy?

On the other hand, what are you trying to do, here?! Not written a single review, you say?! Are you positive you're talking to me?! Now and then, I have inputs in the italo disco threads, even if not necessarily here!

But even so, the fact I don't have contributions as you do doesn't prevent me to notice the retarded that pop up here, once in a while! Do you understand the 2 features have no cause-effect link, so it's not logic to ask someone with no contribution to not point out anything, here! Does the fact that I didn't contribute here with anything (if I didn't) decrease the number of retards?! Or do you say I have no right?! The fact you contributed enables you to detect the idiots, but not me?! I don't understand, what is this discrimination?!

My name is written on some italo disco booklets, being thanked for my contribution there, where it counts, not here, where it doesn't. Is your name anywhere else, than, at most, on the releases with pre-order or crowdfunding mechanism? Is it?
  • danisberg 11 days ago

Ianstan
    I mean, it's nice to have new life breathed into this forum once and while, but writing multiple paragraphs and creating several fake threads (the ones that got removed) to ridicule a guy who made one slightly redundant thread just seems a little bit overkill. I understand the frustration at the redundancy, but I don't think it's fair to make too much of a fuss about this. The Italo-Disco community is small and insular enough as it is without alienating folks.

Yes, my attitude is exaggerated, but only because over-killing is a figure of speech, it shows up what is not obvious. I made the fuss, 'cause no one seems to understand that post has absolutely no point! See which is the problem? You consider this thread slightly redundant, I consider it awfully redundant, pointless, a sign of defiance! So, I act accordingly.

By conceiving few other redundant threads, I pointed out the harm potential of this thread! My "what if" has a meaning. My 2 cents on it is that you don't really understand the frustration behind my gesture, since you consider I made too much of a fuss. You only think you understand, which is not good or bad. It is what it is, just your level of concern is different, lower than mine.
  • hysteric 10 days ago

danisberg please, chill out man
    I agree, between a top 10 and a top 7, it's not a huge difference.
    But also it's not hurting anyone, so please just leave it alone.
  • hysteric 10 days ago

hysteric edited 10 days ago
    As a side note, and directed at no-one, I don't have much time or inclination to police this forum anymore.
    And also it shouldn't need much moderation (as in the past).

Please just be cool and remember that music is meant to be fun.
  • danisberg 10 days ago

hysteric
    As a side note, and directed at no-one, I don't have much time or inclination to police this forum anymore.
    And also it shouldn't need much moderation (as in the past).
    If you cause arguments here, you may find yourself removed.

I am just explaining, not causing arguments. So be it!
  • derrickelektronic 1 day ago

The point makes sense - if I have already posted in the top 10 thread then me posting here would be the same as my top ten minus the last 3, so it is pointless having two threads for all the people that have already posted their top 10, but having said that I still read the thread and discovered some new tunes.