• jrrobrts 5 days ago

I've read all the guidelines, so I don't want to goof up. I have a 45 rpm record on Verdo record label. The artist is Mary Kaye. The songs are Weekend In Mexico / Dreams I'm Dreamin'.
    I have tried to find info on it here, and as far as I can see, there is none.
    Could someone verify this is correct?
    Thank you in advance.
  • soulchap 5 days ago

I searched those terms and didn't find anything. I think it would be safe to go ahead and enter your record.

Maybe not the officially approved opinion, but I would say don't worry too much about making mistakes. You will make them, and the community will eventually let you know about it, either kindly or otherwise, but it is inevitable. Just do your best. That you've read the Guidelines puts you far ahead of almost every other newcomer.

You just have to wade into the pond and get your shorts wet. I predict it will go well for you.
  • jrrobrts 5 days ago

soulchap
    I searched those terms and didn't find anything. I think it would be safe to go ahead and enter your record.

Maybe not the officially approved opinion, but I would say don't worry too much about making mistakes. You will make them, and the community will eventually let you know about it, either kindly or otherwise, but it is inevitable. Just do your best. That you've read the Guidelines puts you far ahead of almost every other newcomer.

You just have to wade into the pond and get your shorts wet. I predict it will go well for you.

Thanks.
    So far it's not easy to submit this. Says the label Verdo is not found.. Then it s keeps giving me suggestions to look at to make sure song doesn't exist. Sigh, there's so much stuff to put in the right place, I may be not doing it right. Seems it's too difficult to submit something. Not worth all the time it takes.
  • soulchap 4 days ago

Don't let it get you down.

Firstly, it's OK if you are not interested in pursuing this.

Second, it's like anything else you are trying to learn; the first time is difficult, but it will go easier and faster after relatively few tries. Everyone who contributed here has experienced that. No one came in knowing how to work the software and sort out the rules.

I would encourage you to push past this point. Again, if it isn't for you, you'll know it.

Feel free to DM me with questions.
  • Rhineheart 4 days ago

If you have already created a draft, feel free to post the link here, and we miight be able to help.
  • jrrobrts 4 days ago

• Rhineheart 2 days ago

Ok, thanks. I had a look at your draft Mary Kaye - Weekend In Mexico / Dreams I'm Dreamin' now, after the weekend.

This will be a nice addition to the database but it needs some modifications.
    - Title should be Weekend In Mexico / Dreams I'm Dreamin' (note the spaces before and after the "/")
    - The creation of a new label "Verdo" seems legit. I just wonder whether it should actually be created as "Verdo Records", as on release. (I do not know this label.)
    - The comma (,) after the cat. # 777 does not belong there, I think.
    - Please use A and B as side specifications (track #'s), not #1 and #2

soulchap
    I predict it will go well for you.

My prediction as well.
  • soulchap 2 days ago

Rhineheart
    The creation of a new label "Verdo" seems legit. I just wonder whether it should actually be created as "Verdo Records", as on release. (I do not know this label.)

I agree. No reason not to enter it as it appears on the release.
  • jrrobrts 1 day ago

https://www.discogs.com/release/edit/24107957
    I made some changes and still have two pink warning boxes, don't know if you can see them in the link.
    One warning to check for duplicate releases which I did. The other to warn that Verdo doesn't exist. Checked both boxes and submitted many times , but keeps coming up.
  • whymelord 1 day ago

Rhineheart

Furthermore, no need to duplicate label and catalog number. Please remove one line in LCCN (Label, Company, Catalog Number, Etc.).
    The check box concerning duplicate releases is understandable, as other releases (by different labels) have cat# 777.
    The check box concerning a new label/artist appears every time you submit a new label/artist. Please always check thoroughly for typos etc. to prevent submitting a dupe. In your case, several experienced users have verified that the creation of a new label is legit.
    soulchap
    You just have to wade into the pond and get your shorts wet.
  • jrrobrts about 20 hours ago

whymelord
    Rhineheart- Please use A and B as side specifications (track #'s), not #1 and #2
    Furthermore, no need to duplicate label and catalog number. Please remove one line in LCCN (Label, Company, Catalog Number, Etc.).
    The check box concerning duplicate releases is understandable, as other releases (by different labels) have cat# 777.
    The check box concerning a new label/artist appears every time you submit a new label/artist. Please always check thoroughly for typos etc. to prevent submitting a dupe. In your case, several experienced users have verified that the creation of a new label is legit.

soulchapYou just have to wade into the pond and get your shorts wet.

If you can see in the link, I have removed the second line as you suggested. There now appears a third pink box asking me to add it back. As stated before I checked all the suggested duplicate releases and none match mine. Checking those boxes, and clicking submit doesn't make them go away.
    Since I never done this before, I don't know what happens once successful in providing everything. Does the page change to let you know you're successful?
  • whymelord about 20 hours ago

You have to remove the whole line, not just label name and cat#. There's a small x near the right edge of the line you need to click.
    And:
    Track positions still are not correct! Please amend!
    Rhineheart

Once you're finished with this, click "Preview / Submit", check the warning boxes ("Submit"-Button turns green if everything is okay) and click "Submit".
  • jrrobrts about 13 hours ago

whymelord
    You have to remove the whole line, not just label name and cat#. There's a small x near the right edge of the line you need to click.
    And:
    Track positions still are not correct! Please amend!

Rhineheart- Please use A and B as side specifications (track #'s), not #1 and #2
    Once you're finished with this, click "Preview / Submit", check the warning boxes ("Submit"-Button turns green if everything is okay) and click "Submit".

See if this is better, still have the two warning boxes come up. Still warning against duplicate labels and Verdo label not found in database.
  • whymelord about 12 hours ago

Wonderful. As explained before, the warning boxes come up every time the system detects an issue that should be controlled by the submitter.
    In your case:
    - the catalog number 777, that appears on other releases, but with different labels. You can see
    Mystie - Have I Lost You? / Chains Of Passion / Deception (Paramour Lane Records) 12"
    Rhamel - Knock The Boots (Heated Records) 12"
    Bohannon* - Let's Start The Dance (Bohannon Records Ltd.) 12", Unofficial
    M.McClaren* & Worlds Famous Supreme Team* - Buffalo Gals (Supreme Team Production) 12"

In real life, please check all links thoroughly. But you are lucky here, you can tell them from your draft by the preview! None of them has the same title/artist/label. Otherwise you had to find the difference.

- the 'new to the database' warning. As Verdo Records is a new label, that's correct.
    If you now please re-add the duration of track B (2:14) we're finished for the moment and ready for submitting :-)
  • jrrobrts about 6 hours ago

whymelord
    Wonderful. As explained before, the warning boxes come up every time the system detects an issue that should be controlled by the submitter.
    In your case:
    - the catalog number 777, that appears on other releases, but with different labels. You can see

Mystie - Have I Lost You? / Chains Of Passion / Deception (Paramour Lane Records) 12"
    Rhamel - Knock The Boots (Heated Records) 12"
    Bohannon* - Let's Start The Dance (Bohannon Records Ltd.) 12", Unofficial
    M.McClaren* & Worlds Famous Supreme Team* - Buffalo Gals (Supreme Team Production) 12"

In real life, please check all links thoroughly. But you are lucky here, you can tell them from your draft by the preview! None of them has the same title/artist/label. Otherwise you had to find the difference.

- the 'new to the database' warning. As Verdo Records is a new label, that's correct.
    If you now please re-add the duration of track B (2:14) we're finished for the moment and ready for submitting :-)

Ok. I added the time like you said. Check marked the warning boxes and hit submit, still shows same warnings again.
  • jrrobrts about 5 hours ago

Never mind my girlfriend checked the boxes and hit the top submit and it worked, lmao.
    I swear I did that twice and it didn't work for me.
    I want to sincerely thank you all for your help.
    I hope I never have to do this again. Lol.

Edit double post