• Jayfive over 7 years ago

Jayfive edited over 7 years ago
    Remember this guy?

http://www.discogs.com/help/forums/topic/164949

He makes that betawave guy from yesterday look relaxed - as you can see his main problem is that discogs documents a release he didnt give permission to appear on and/or didnt get paid for.

Well almost a year later he's still beefing about someone adding a picture of one of his release to discogs:

http://franzdebylsblog.blogspot.com/2009/08/discogs-mafia-mr-prancinghorse-other.html

And like always the psychos latch onto me.

'He is an anonymous, like Mr. "Muntz", Mr. "Jayfive" and all of them discogs Mafia members'

Im not anonymous. My real name, picture and website addys are freely available and a minimum of searching will get you other information on me.

"This is "Jayfive" - drunk like always. He's nothing but a low down MF! "

??? I hardly ever drink. Those are other peoples beers left in and around the DJ booth.

Meanwhile poor old prancinghorse (who has now closed his account and one assumes opened a new one under a different name) has been hounded and threatened with being sued. All for uploading a picture.

And then theres this:
    http://franzdebylsblog.blogspot.com/

'Discogs is a very very "sovereign" society of "Sirs" '

'Those discogs people are nothing but pimps, assassins, voyeurs and cruddy peepers'

And his emails to nik:
    http://www.franz-de-byl.us/Nik+Teo+Lewandowski.html

"Since several months I am in contact with Google about this whole story. In between Google did a lot of erasing. Concerning "discogs" I guess therefore that google was told through those discogs MFs that "franz-de-byl" himself put all the data on their server"

Umm...yeah.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=frank+de+byl&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&hs=HYX&ei=wXC6StzUCZe5jAf4_sn4BQ&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=franz+de+byl&spell=1

Crazy as a loon. And I for one still cant work out what it is he wants.
  • la-voie-du-sabre over 7 years ago

weird how he also uses "what" instead of "that"

Anyone fancy translating that letter from Universal Music Group?
  • hmvh over 7 years ago

hmvh edited over 7 years ago
    Jayfive
    Anyone fancy translating that letter from Universal Music Group?

Ambiguous, actually: either they're telling him politely to fuck off or "yeah, whatever, go ahead, but you're on your own".

The man's quite the legend in the German forums.

You may remember that he once fronted the "Jack Daniels Band". Well, that is no more. The rest shall follow.

Jayfive

That's called libel, if you'd care to make something of it ;)

Oh, and "Franz de Byl has 6 friends" on Myspaz.
  • consort over 7 years ago

heh

hmvh
    The man's quite the legend in the German forums.

German forums on discogs or just generally?

hmvh
    That's called libel, if you'd care to make something of it ;)

I reported a couple of things to blogger.com, but by their own admissions they tend to remove very little (probably due to worries about liability).

Still, he's the one with his address and telephone number plastered everywhere.

Oh and that pic of 'Kevin Lewandowski'? Yeah, thats not teo. Thats some University Student from Cali:
    http://www.kevinlewandowski.com/

Who is now probably being bombarded by threats from some acid-crazed ex-hippy.

"Right now I guess that this whole "NWW"-society is something like a very strange confraternity of useless and helpless tards for the sake of Mr. Stapleton and his half-assed clients only."

NWW = Nurse With Wound

I think he thinks its some kind of New World Order thing XD

The site in question arent taking him that seriously:
    http://tgk.konshak.org/nww/

Keep refreshing the page, theres a lot of pics :P

And according to this:
    http://www.franz-de-byl.us/rateyourmusic.pdf

He got rateyourmusic to remove all the stuff about him.

And here:
    http://franzdebylsblog.blogspot.com/2009/08/dag-erik-asbjornsen-presentation.html

He rants away about someone who has a prog-rock fansite that has a 3 line bio of him.

He seems to take great exception to anyone who uses his name on the internet, regardless of how fleeting the reference. And almost all of the time his sites are simply informational.
  • hmvh over 7 years ago

Jayfive
    German forums on discogs

Elsewhere it appears he's a nobody. His profile on last.fm has nothing but praise for him.
    Jayfive
    Still, he's the one with his address and telephone number plastered everywhere.

As required by German law, would you believe... the same country ("Volk", rather) that has serious issues with "Datenschutz" (look it up, and that's another issue entirely).

But it's not HIS address I care about: he publishes that of other people, which may or may not be public knowledge, and therefore a direct invasion of their private space.

Yes, he's a nut, pure and simple, perhaps one who wasn't loved by his parents or just "reared" badly or lost his secret gay lover or whatever, I don't care. Maybe he just wants attention or a career boost, like Annick got out of 'ogs. He may very well even be reading this.
  • Internaut over 7 years ago

Jayfive
    "Right now I guess that this whole "NWW"-society is something like a very strange confraternity of useless and helpless tards for the sake of Mr. Stapleton and his half-assed clients only."

NWW = Nurse With Wound

I don't think he is too happy to be on the NWW list: http://www.discogs.com/lists/NWW-List/2617
  • Internaut over 7 years ago

^ He is not: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/ultimathule/nww/franzdebyl.txt

Funny, in his attempt to erase information about this release from the history, he is giving it much more attention/promotion than it would otherwise had.
  • rassel over 7 years ago

That's tough shit from this guy:
    Franz_de_Byl
    Very clever Mr. Lewandowski, Nik & Teo! Really very clever! You risk a lot - do you really think that Google is so goddam silly?

You'll be dead soon

Franz de Byl aka Leon

Internaut
    Funny, in his attempt to erase information about this release from the history, he is giving it much more attention/promotion than it would otherwise had.

Especially seeing as one of the people mentioned in his blog is simply an author who wrote a book on German prog-rock/krautrock and name-checked him. Not wrote about him, not a biography, not even an anecdote. Just simply mentioning him in terms of being one of several individuals and groups that were making a certain sort of music at a certain time and apparently being quite good at it. How batshit insane do you have to be to even think thats doing something wrong, let alone to take such offence at that?

Considering all of the people he's gone after are people who appreciate his past musical achievements, its not so much biting the hand that feeds you as snacking on the entire arm.
  • md over 7 years ago

I just subscribed to his blog.

If one of the german members of this site gives him a ring, I will give them a discount on my sales equal to the cost of the phone call XD
  • Mop66 over 7 years ago

One of his co-musicians admits on his website that they were forced by Jack Daniels Destillery to give up the name "Jack Daniels Band" : http://www.peischi.de/ (Last paragraph). Maybe he snapped completely after this experience.

Mop66
    One of his co-musicians admits on his website that they were forced by Jack Daniels Destillery to give up the name "Jack Daniels Band" : http://www.peischi.de/ (Last paragraph). Maybe he snapped completely after this experience.

Nah, he was bonkers before then, and as is implied here:

hmvh

You may remember that he once fronted the "Jack Daniels Band". Well, that is no more. The rest shall follow.

Its no coincidence that the Brand owners found out about it after he appeared on here....
  • XavierNC over 7 years ago

This whole story is damn funny. But seriously... This guy is so full of rage, he might actually be the type to show up at someone's door one night and knife them in the gut over this.
  • MR_E over 7 years ago

I'm tempted to un-ignore Jayfive to read this. Is it worth it?

MR_E
    I'm tempted to un-ignore Jayfive to read this. Is it worth it?

HA!

Probably not, just go back to moaning about the iTunes links or something.
  • loukash over 7 years ago

XavierNC
    But seriously... This guy is so full of rage, he might actually be the type to show up at someone's door one night and knife them in the gut over this.

My feeling as well. After reading his site, his blog, and his post on some other blogs, he seems to be a ticking timebomb.
    Actually I feel sorry for that man. He's so full of hatred just because he is confronted with things beyond his control. This man possibly needs serious help.
    People, just do not send him "funny" e-mails or something. It's not worth it. Besides, at any point in the future, anyone of us could get into a similar situation like him, for whatever reason. Please think about it before you make fast judgements.
  • md over 7 years ago

Perhaps someone on the receiving end of his attentions should report him to the polizei.

loukash
    Besides, at any point in the future, anyone of us could get into a similar situation like him, for whatever reason.

Only if I decided to take lots and lots of drugs....

Jayfive
    Only if I decided to take lots and lots of drugs

Not necessarily. Look at his blog where he's taking your photograph out of context, adding this line:
    franzdebylsblog.blogspot.com
    This is "Jayfive" - drunk like always. He's nothing but a low down MF!

You may laugh about it now, but being published on a 3rd party web site, this piece of code is now out of your control. It lives its own "life" from now on.

Apropos:
    Very clever Mr. Lewandowski, Nik & Teo! Really very clever! You risk a lot - do you really think that Google is so goddam silly?
    You'll be dead soon
    Franz de Byl aka Leon

(emphasis mine)
    This is where it gets serious according to http://www.blogger.com/content.g
    Blogger_Content_Policy
    Violence: Don't threaten other people on your blog. For example, don't post death threats against another person or group of people and don't post content encouraging your readers to take violent action against another person or group of people.

As far as I can say, that excerpt justifies a report using the "Flag Blog" link at the top.

loukash
    You may laugh about it now, but being published on a 3rd party web site, this piece of code is now out of your control. It lives its own "life" from now on.

Im sure ill cope with the fact that a blurry photo of me taken from a distance lies amongst the ramblings of a 60-year-old acid casualty living in Berlin. Its not as if he posted directions to my house.

What does hack me off is that if you look at that original thread from a year back, theres plenty of people laying into him far more than I do. Im mainly telling muntz and prancinghorse advice, other people are just taking the piss. But yet again its me, Magnet for the Mental, Flypaper for Freaks, that gets on his blog. :P
  • ahlbomper over 7 years ago

Jayfive
    Magnet for the Mental, Flypaper for Freaks

sounds like me in the physical world.
    i've lived 6 different places. only ONE of those places i haven't had a seriously disturbed neighbour. and a neighbour there played the same Beach Boys record (with all the hits) EVERY DAY, often several times a day.
    (: besides you're the leader of our secret society conducting experiments & wanting world domination :)

Jayfive
    Its not as if he posted directions to my house

But it took me only a few seconds to find out your real name, address, phone number, e-mail, etc.
    Jayfive
    But yet again its me, Magnet for the Mental, Flypaper for Freaks, that gets on his blog

Possibly because you're not hiding your real identity, you're an easy target. You're not a phantom for him (or others). I'm not a psychologist, but my gut feeling tells me that this matters a lot for an "obsessed" person.

Well…
    But what about the poor young clueless Communication Design student http://www.kevinlewandowski.com ???
    This is why you won't find any fotograph of Mr. Lewandowski (...xcuse me. I just found one, look at this criminal, trying to look like Sting in his jazz club) - and naturally nothing about those ghosts "Nik" and "Teo"

Oh dear…
    ahlbomper
    (: besides you're the leader of our secret society conducting experiments & wanting world domination :)

lol
  • WilhelmT over 7 years ago

Haha!
    That Universal Music Group letter is hilarious!
    Probably he's put as much effort annoying those guys as he's put in annoying some of the people here on Discogs.. So they wrote him the most useless letter possible..

Classic.

WilhelmT
    That Universal Music Group letter is hilarious!

What does it say? Id be interested to know as Franz is (virtually speaking) waving that letter around like this chap :)

Ha. Other Classic. Well, I guess this paper is approximately as useless as that one.

First (long) part (of sentence) explains some legal stuff of who owns the rights of this record, which seems to be Universal - not Franz.. (In some way they say: hunting pirates down is our job; piss off).
    Next part is they 'allow' him to do 'their' job, but on own cost and own risk.. (hehe)

Best part is the last sentence: "You can use this letter anytime without our permission". (Which should be read as: LEAVE US ALONE!!)"

Jayfive
    What does it say?

www.franz-de-byl.us/Universal_2009.pdf
    Universal Music Group

Declaration

As far as we, the Universal Music Entertainment GmbH or any of its German holding company or subsidiary, are entitled rights to the fitting shown record (recorded music and artwork) of the artists

Franz de Byl and Heiner Hohnhaus

with the titles

Susan, World Of Trouble, I Can't Find My Way, Evil, and I'd Rather Drink Muddy Water

we declare that Mr. Franz de Byl is entitled at his own cost and risk on the basis of our rights against illegal uses of recordings and artwork of legal action and/or extra-judicially.

This statement is freely revocable at any time without giving reasons.

Berlin, 19.06.09
    Dr. Henning Zimmermann
    Executive Vice President
    Universal Music Entertainment GmbH

(Using Google translator plus a couple of my own corrections. Parts of that translation don't make much sense to me anymore, but then again, I'm neither native English speaker, nor a lawyer… :)
  • md over 7 years ago

It makes enough sense to be understood I think, which is pretty impressive for a legal letter.

Yeah, it does seem to say "whatever pal, just don't tread on our toes".

Of course it does absolutely nothing for his case, as Discogs listings and any other mention of an existing release is not illegal.

Well it certainly does 'something'...
    At first Universal didn't seem to care. This caused that Franz, who doesn't have the rights, couldn't do anything else then trolling around and threatening.
    With this letter he can actually start a lawsuit and act like he has the rights.

Blimey, you guys are right. Its utterly utterly meaningless.

md
    as Discogs listings and any other mention of an existing release is not illegal.

Its the fact the release in question was either released without his permission back in the 70s and/or he didnt get paid for it that hes pissed off about. But why he thinks that means no-one else can so much as mention this release is beyond me.

Imagine if you had to get permission from the rights owner every time you mentioned a book, tv show, film or album online.

WilhelmT
    With this letter he can actually start a lawsuit and act like he has the rights.

Yes well, hes already bullied one or two people into altering and removing things. I suspect he caused prancinghorse to delete his account.

IIRC Discogs has taken legal advice about where they stand in instances like this - the position on their side is rock solid.
  • Kergillian over 7 years ago

Jayfive

??? I hardly ever drink. Those are other peoples beers left in and around the DJ booth.

Come on, now, Jay, you can admit your problem ;p~~~~~

Jayfive
    Oh and that pic of 'Kevin Lewandowski'? Yeah, thats not teo. Thats some University Student from Cali:
    http://www.kevinlewandowski.com/

Who is now probably being bombarded by threats from some acid-crazed ex-hippy.

lord help that poor, poor guy ;p

Jayfive
    Blimey, you guys are right. Its utterly utterly meaningless.

It's not meaningless at all - it essentially says 'we give you permission to start any lawsuit you want as if you had the rights, with our blessing - we just won't take part in it.'

It overcomes his biggest lawsuit stumbling block - which is not having the rights to protect in the first place.

And although you and I know the lawsuit would be frivolous and probably turned down or thrown out, if he could get someone taken to court, the time and expense to get it rejected or to get proven innocent could be problematic - depending on how strict the German courts are in terms of intellectual property rights...
  • Mop66 over 7 years ago

Kergillian
    depending on how strict the German courts are in terms of intellectual property rights..

That's very unclear and may be depending on the judge. But in general they are rather strict.

I can't spot any word about intellectual copyrights in the letter, it's just about illegal uses of recordings and artwork.
    The artist doesen't sell the intellectual property of his work to a label, he just allows them to use it for business reasons.

Illegal use of recordings like lending, copying or public performance is something different. And what they did is just give Franz the approval to pursuit the rights they had, and that's not the intellectual property.
  • XavierNC over 7 years ago

lol @ trying to decipher German legalese...

apparently, it's about as subjective as ancient hieroglyphics. It's beyond my reading level, for sure :(

rassel
    I can't spot any word about intellectual copyrights in the letter, it's just about illegal uses of recordings and artwork.
    The artist doesen't sell the intellectual property of his work to a label, he just allows them to use it for business reasons.

Yes, but what the letter means is that he can technically sue the person who put the image up on their behalf [edit: can sue them on the company's behalf, that is] as infringement of the copyright of the release and its artwork - which does fall under intellectual property rights.

And he would very possibly be able to take it to court if the German courts were strict about it. And would almost assuredly lose - but it would still take time and money.
  • Mop66 over 7 years ago

XavierNC
    lol @ trying to decipher German legalese...

Isn't that true for all legal papers regardless of the language?

Kergillian
    Yes, but what the letter means is that he can technically sue the person who put the image up on their behalf [edit: can sue them on the company's behalf, that is] as infringement of the copyright of the release and its artwork - which does fall under intellectual property rights.

Yep, the copyright of the picture is a good point. I tried to do some research in the German law for this and found an interesting article here http://www.internetrecht-rostock.de/produktbild-abmahnung.htm

It basically says, that German laws decided, that it's ok to take a picture from the object you want to sell and use it for a catalog or a sellers site, but it's against the law to use the original pics which are usually copyrighted.
    Taking pictures of a postcard is a grey area, because if you make a highres pic and upload it, people will be able to reproduce it themselves.

So it's probably a good choice to allow just lowres here.
    And by the way I am sure that Franz is not only on the mission of removing this picture, as he want's to delete every appearance, even if it's only text, of this record, like the NMM example shows http://www.discogs.com/lists/NWW-List/2617

rassel
    It basically says, that German laws decided, that it's ok to take a picture from the object you want to sell and use it for a catalog or a sellers site, but it's against the law to use the original pics which are usually copyrighted.
    Taking pictures of a postcard is a grey area, because if you make a highres pic and upload it, people will be able to reproduce it themselves.

In which case, the courts would likely not be strict enough to put the case to court :)
  • NLK over 7 years ago

on his youtube channel, he mentiones Wah-Wah Records Sound as his label. maybe there is a reissue coming in?

loukash, do you know something about it?

NLK
    loukash, do you know something about it?

No. My only connection to Spain is Vampi Soul and Munster Records.
  • ptambient over 7 years ago

NLK
    on his youtube channel, he mentiones Wah-Wah Records Sound as his label. maybe there is a reissue coming in?

They seem to have reissued his "Und" album. Search for his name on this page: http://www.wah-wahsupersonic.com/html/lps.html
  • jweijde over 7 years ago

I believe he wouldn't be too happy with this forum topic being the top ranked result on Google when you search for his name...
  • ptambient over 7 years ago

• md over 7 years ago

• Mr.Mystery over 7 years ago

Oh no, now Google will shut down Discogs! It's a conspiracy, I tells ya!
  • sdevo over 7 years ago

Sorry but I just had to metion annick or Annick again....
    That was a classic thread....

Magnet for the Mental
    Flypaper for Freaks

My two new fav statements, I could use these for my work....

Another classic statement about Discogs:
    Time Vampire!

Stay off the left over beers Jayfive, you might swallow a ciggy butt.

SDevo
  • hmvh over 7 years ago

hmvh edited over 7 years ago
    md
    Discogs is dead!

Not yet it ain't. Does he have problems (read the comments) with people mentioning his name? Has Franz paid the unsubscribe fee? Has he chosen to opt out of existence?

From what I gather he's an ace guitarist, let's give him that much.

I also understand that him and his buddy Hainer recorded their renditions of Steve Winwood and Leonard Cohen songs. Somehow, and quite against their liking, a record was published that featured incorrect information (the writer credits, for instance) as well as an unflattering photo of the two gents hopping around naked (the taking of which, it seems, they were certainly NOT oblivious of). In fact, if the photo wasn't intended to be seen, why was it taken? And if it was taken without their knowledge, then I honestly don't want to know what Franz and Hainer also do besides trampolining in the buff. Not my business, what has been seen cannot be unseen.

The point is: such a record exists. It did happen, whether he likes it or not. Record of its existence will certainly outlast Franz himself, whether it's on discogs or the memories of people, or elsewhere. Denial of irrefutable facts will not make it unhappen, however sad and unfortunate it may have been.

Honestly, for this item alone I'm prepared to buy a turntable (no, I really don't have one anymore).

But perhaps the joke's on us? Perhaps he's simply trying to bully the record into such obscurity in order to push up its price because he has a few copies stashed away in his basement somewhere?

Seriously, other than his own crusade... who cares?

hmvh
    But perhaps the joke's on us? Perhaps he's simply to bully the record into such obscurity in order to push up its price because he has a few copies stashed away in his basement somewhere?

Could very well be possible seeing his crusade is only attracting more attention towards him/the record.
  • ahlbomper over 7 years ago

i shouldn't be for money considering how much time he seems to spend on it. (would probably still be poor payment if he could earn 10000 euro extra)
    and if he's not for real, he's a skilled faker.
  • AbsoluteBodyControl over 7 years ago

He changed the statement "You'll be dead soon" to "You'll be forgotten soon".
  • md over 7 years ago

Google's cache hasn't: http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:OZy4nJqJissJ:franzdebylsblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/discogs-mafia-2-lewandowski-his-kgb.html+http://franzdebylsblog.blogspot.com/

Maybe he'll start harrassing Google to remove his death threats now? Possibly the only illegal thing about this whole sad affair.

So, he received a letter.

But what does it say?

Also, Google now cannot find Discogs entries when searching for "franz de byl", but it gives out this message:

In response to a complaint we received under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 5 result(s) from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaint that caused the removal(s) at ChillingEffects.org.

However, the second search result is his blog where he links directly to... well, you know.

And, of course, searching for "franz de byl discogs" still gives out the exact same results as before.

Mr.Mystery
    So, he received a letter.

But what does it say?

I think hes trying to explain what discogs is and isnt, that the Kevin Lewandowski he shows a photo of isnt the same one who runs discogs, that copyright-wise he doesnt have a leg to stand on and so on. German oggers will give you a proper translation

What it almost certainly doesnt say is that inexpressible and prancinghorse are the same person as Franz seems to think. But that people as demented as he is often think people are conspiring against him. Not sure where inexpressible fits into this as hes not posted in this thread or dealt with De Byl before now. Hopefully he'll come onto this thread and fill in the gaps.

Mr.Mystery
    In response to a complaint we received under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 5 result(s) from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaint that caused the removal(s) at ChillingEffects.org.

Ive seen this sort of thing before, big companies like Google just remove things simply because someone complained rather than investigating whether the complaint has any merit.

Jayfive
    Ive seen this sort of thing before, big companies like Google just remove things simply because someone complained rather than investigating whether the complaint has any merit.

Yeah. The funniest part is it doesn't even work.
  • Mop66 over 7 years ago

Mr.Mystery

Yeah. The funniest part is it doesn't even work.

;) Go to Google and search for "Heiner Hohnhaus"!
  • hmvh over 7 years ago

The "Streisand Effect" in full... erhm, effect.

Mr.Mystery
    Also, Google now cannot find Discogs entries when searching for "franz de byl", but it gives out this message:

Life would be so simple and/or dangerous if Google were the only search engine out there. Luckily, it isn't.

Other searches come up with a review like "Franz de Byl and Heiner Hohnhaus, existed as an eccentric folk, theatre and political duo, akin to Floh De Cologne's song style, yet much more basic. Their album is not of much interest, unless you have a good understanding of German. And, even then, maybe it's not that interesting! Franz de Byl has also worked as a soloist."

hmvh
    Other searches come up with a review like "Franz de Byl and Heiner Hohnhaus, existed as an eccentric folk, theatre and political duo, akin to Floh De Cologne's song style, yet much more basic. Their album is not of much interest, unless you have a good understanding of German. And, even then, maybe it's not that interesting! Franz de Byl has also worked as a soloist."

Uh oh, wonder what good ol' Franz thinks of that.

By the way, did anyone try to read the DMCA complaint? Turns out it's not even there. Whoops.
  • la-voie-du-sabre over 7 years ago

hopefully, franz isn't french
  • Mop66 over 7 years ago

^^Well, the meaning in German is the same!
  • inexpressible over 7 years ago

inexpressible edited over 7 years ago

Jayfive
    Not sure where inexpressible fits into this as hes not posted in this thread or dealt with De Byl before now.

I left a comment (in German) here: http://www.discogs.com/history?release=866677 - almost 1 1/2 years ago.
    Don't know why he thinks I'm prancinghorse. I guess he's being paranoid.
  • Scoz over 7 years ago

What's his problem with NWW & an almost 30 year old list of artists that Steve Stapleton wrote?

Scoz
    What's his problem with NWW & an almost 30 year old list of artists that Steve Stapleton wrote?

Because that list includes the record hmvh talks about here:
    http://www.discogs.com/help/forums/topic/196628#2472074

Because that record was released/manufactured/distributed/whatever else without his permission or he didnt get paid or whatever the fuck happened, he wants the rest of the world to pretend it doesnt exist either.

He thinks he has some sort of right over what people do with that record and what they say about it. He is as wrong about this as it is possible to be.

Franzie-babes appears to have put someones address on his blog:
    http://franzdebylsblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/discogs-market-place.html

Why does he think we are criminals, frauds, 'metal invalids' and have 'the power of a very big big business company.'? Why does he think that russian site is related to discogs? Who is Florian Heimer? Why cant he get his acid-muddled head around the fact its not our fault he got ripped off 30 years ago? Does he seriously think he can sue people for putting information about a record with his name on up on the internet?

That's me. And he's still convinced prancinghorse is just my 2nd account. Again: it's not.
  • man_traic over 7 years ago

He's like a crazed, acid-fried Frankie Bones of Kraut.

Interesting:
    http://tinyurl.com/ykam5a4
    and a follow-up:
    http://tinyurl.com/ykp8jr4

inexpressible
    That's me.

Then you may want to make use of http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/request.py?contact_type=private_info&hl=de&blog_ID=&blog_URL=
    Since your private address doesn't seem to be publicly accessible by any other means, Mr. de Byl is violating http://www.blogger.com/content.g

Jayfive
    Why does he think that russian site is related to discogs?

Because a user of http://molotok.ru is privately selling one of the 2000 copies of http://www.discogs.com/release/866677
    molotok.ru is a Russian online auction site, obviously owned by MIH Allegro B.V., Netherlands, as stated in their "About" page. Unless one of the currently 72500 registered Discogs users is at the same time one of the 3 shareholders of MIH Allegro B.V., or the said molotok.ru user, there doesn't seem to be any connection to "our mafia" whatsoever.

(Isn't it always astounding, what a proper use of internet search engines reveals…?)

Please stop posting about this sad old and ill man.

He is obviously suffering on some kind of hallucination that the world is keen on his thoughts and strange ideas.
    The more we write about this guy the more he get's the idea that he is important anyhow and we are really interested in his person or his words.

Just ignore him, and if you get attacked, report this to the site management of his blog or the police.