• algreenluvah over 4 years ago

I purchased a Lp from a seller on Jan 28th and wrote to ask him what was going a few days ago as I had not yet received it and the status of the order was still at "Buyer Contacted".
    The seller responded that he had some fire damage to his house however my record was safe and sound at his store and he would send it immediately the next day with tracking info and sorry for the delay. I responded saying sure, no problem etc...
    The seller is now ignoring my emails asking for said info and I have a feeling he is trying to rip me off. The record was fairly expensive ($50) and I'm not sure why the seller did not contact me with the issue - after all, I contacted him a month later and he then told me he had not shipped it yet.

Can anyone suggest how to move forward with this? I'd really appreciate some input thanks.
  • Jayfive over 4 years ago

algreenluvah
    Can anyone suggest how to move forward with this?

Open a paypal dispute, contact discogs via a support request.

Hi Jayfive, thanks for the help...just one follow-up, through the PayPal dispute, does my money get refunded or would I be able to have the Lp sent finally? It would be my preference to have the Lp sent....
  • Jayfive over 4 years ago

algreenluvah
    does my money get refunded or would I be able to have the Lp sent finally?

No one can force the seller to send it.

What will happen is when the open the dispute hte funds will be removed from the sellers paypal balance, then he will have the option of a) refunding you b) providing proof of delivery via a online tracked postage method or c) escalating it to a claim which if he hasnt done b) he will lose.

Unless he does b) and thereby you receive the item, you will get the money refunded by paypal once the claim is completed.

You have the option of escalating a dispute to a claim any time you like. I wouldnt hang around with that.

O.K thanks J