No U Turn Records is a UK based record label owned and run by Nico (4) (Nicholas Kristian Sykes).
|No U-Turn Records Ltd.
|Nu Black, Saigon, Turn U On
Email [email protected]
|nouturnmusic.co.uk , YouTube , MySpace
- While certainly defining the dark side of drum and bass with no nonsense or posturing, no u turn also created the foundations for stripped down dubstep; not only by the turn u on sublabel (respect to horsepower), but by reducing the jungle elements to a concentrated mixture, wearing puffy jackets and smoking a lot of weed. Do you know what I'm sayin? Respect to Nico and the gang.
- Selected quotes from the No U-Turn website:
Fierce "It's a room the likes of which, unfortunately, many will never experience."
Optiv "When I visited the No U Turn studios as a teenager, I expected to spend 15 minutes in the place. Nico spent the whole day with me enthusing about the music whilst being inspiring and supportive."
Ryme Tyme "Without No U Turn we wouldn't have had Virus, 1210, Quarantine, dsci4 and the like"
Nicky Blackmarket "ORIGINALS!!!".
Ruffkutt "No u turn studios the first place i felt music in a different way !!! great sessions big up Nico Toby Neil and crew."
Bailey "Who'd have known that what was going on in that unit would spawn new chapters in Drum & Bass. That's what happens when you make music that's a true expression of feelings".
Trace "Anyone want anything from the garage?"
- If you've missed this label you don't really know techstep. Great stuff.
- The deepest, darkest and nastiest Drum & Bass ever made. The crew of Trace, Ed Rush and Nico were arguably single handedly responsible for the creation of the techstep genre with their remix of T Power and MK Ultra's 'Horny Mutant Jazz', and then pushed the sound to it's nihilistic limit with the 'Torque' album, a classic of any music genre. Also laid the foundations of the neurofunk sub-genre with Ryme Tyme's 'We Enter' on the Saigon offshoot and possibly the Dubstep genre, having released Horsepower Productions' early tunes on Turn U On. No U-Turn will always have a place in Drum & Bass history as having released the darkest ones...
No U-Turn - Hurter's Mission
- Good Labels by 6047
- Drum n Bass Labels: Today and Yesterday by etwas
- Favorite Labels by djbrians
- HARDCORE & JUNGLE LABELS by MONKEYKISSER05
- JUNGLE LABELS by MONKEYKISSER05
- nineteen ninety three by D.A.R.K.C.O.D.E.S
- ⇒ Drum n Bass Labels ⇐ by 1candyflip1
- Electronic by stefanmarkovic
- Electronic Music List by Cburnette23
- Watchlist by stefanmarkovic
- IDM, Jungle, Ambient, Industrial & Experimental labels by Juanchu_SH
- Favorite Labels by Ken79b
- ♥ Fav DnB Labels ♥ by Mangoshi
- Favorite dnb Labels by mi_jah
- Favorite Labels by lostscrapvinyl2022
- Tsugi - La Musique en 100 Labels by translu
- Buy records from these labels by basscheck
- Drum and Bass by sf84
- Favorite Labels by Lixx
- Favorite Labels by djdoublezero