Misfits – Earth A.D. / Wolfs Blood
Part I: Earliest presses.
The earliest presses have clearly printed labels, about 130 gram vinyl, and two jacket variations:
1. Fuchsia bricks on front
2. Dark purple bricks on front with fuchsia "Misfits Wolfs Blood" on back. These jackets have a rough texture compared to later copies.
All vinyl in paper sleeves. The following colors exist:
A. in Fuchsia-bricked jackets:
1. Opaque black
2. Smokey black
3. Blueish purple
B. in dark purple-bricked jackets
1. Opaque black
2. Green w/black swirls
4. Green w/yellow swirls
6. Orange (may be aged yellow, some copies have decomposed)
7. Brown (may be aged yellow, some copies have decomposed)
S-presses. These copies have an S with a number, such as S9 or S10, in the matrix to identify the stamper used. These presses were issued in clear plastic inner sleeves. There is contention to whether these copies are 1st presses or a second press from 1985.
1. Ghoul hair error. Often found in the S9/S9 copies. Most have a white mark on the bottom left side of the jacket. The purple on the front cover is a gradient from light to dark.
2. S9/ S10 9 (10 is scratched out)
Later large ringed presses.
These copies are on thick black vinyl that is actually minutely translucent.
The jackets are smooth, without the texture of the earlier presses.
There are three variations:
1. Medium purple brick jacket w/ghoul hair and plastic sleeve.
2. Medium purple brick jacket and plastic sleeve.
3. Dark purple brick jacket with heavy 170 gram vinyl
M-presses. These presses have an M2 or M3 in the deadwax to identify stamper. The vinyl is thin and translucent (not smokey, but very few have swirls). These are considered to have been pressed by Caroline. It is logical to assume that the earliest used the remaining Plan 9 jackets with light purple bricks (see 1. below).
1. Medium purple jacket, light translucent vinyl, S̶̷M3 S̶̷ on a-side and M3 on b-side.
2. Light purple bricks. Glossy Plan 9 jacket with no Caroline logo. S̶̷M3 S̶̷ on a-side and M2 on b-side. MisfitsCentral identifies this as a first pressing, but that is likely incorrect.
3. Same jacket as above, but matrix is:
PL-902-A MASTERDISK EDP M2
PL-902-B MASTERDISK EDP M3
5. All subsequent pressings have no barcode, and either an M2 or M3 in the matrix. The jackets are matte
with dark purple bricks. The Caroline logo appears in on the bottom left side of the jacket, under the Plan 9 logo.
6. Labels the switch from Hell-bent to Evilive.
3. Some pressings have slash marks in the matrix such as:
PL-902-B''' MASTERDISK EDP M2
Pressings from the early 1990s have barcode on the back of jacket. Vinyl is thick and opaque with S-25487 in matrix, meaning they were pressed at Rainbo Records. There are a number of jacket variations such as:
1. Purple text on back - ghoul hair error
2. White and purple text on back
3. White outlined purple text on back
4. Green and black rectangles on front cover
5. Most recent press on 180 gram vinyl