|Right On For The Darkness
|I Want You
|Every Time You Go Away
|Hey Stranger (Album Mix)
|I Will Survive
|Back To Black
|Hey Stranger (Alternate Mix)
- Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone
- Guitar, Arranged By
- Mastered By
- Edited 2 months agoSystem used:
Cd Player - rega apollo r cdp(synergistic fuse)
Dac - Ares ii balanced outputs
Pre - musical fidelity m6s class a fully balanced
Power amp - meridian G57 dual mono fully balanced
Speakers - Tannoy
Cabling - Tellurium q
Isolation/support - isoacoustics
This is a Killer cd layer from a SACD it sounds very much like a "AAA Vinyl pressing" this is compared to her "Use Me" vinyl LP AAA(https://www.discogs.com/release/6256978-Vanessa-Fernandez-Use-Me).
A few advantages of the sacd are no surface,no sibilance,no warping,no off center spindle hole,and as long as your digital front end is up to the job,no lost of sound quality compared to the vinyl copy and don`t forget the BIGGEST one - P-R-I-C-E!
Personally I prefer "I Want You" over "Use Me" and I`m more inclined tom play a vinyl record than a cd(for sound quality),this has a better track selection of covers with more upbeat tunes & less acoustic material.
Once again just like "Use Me" the recording & mastering are top-notch it`s digital so no background noise to distract from the "Wonderful" music on disc. With the cool selection of covers as long as you like rock,pop & soul you`ll find/hear something very much to your liking.
Highly recommended five stars thank you for reading.
Jewel case:4.5 sacd jewel cases are made to a high standard than redbook cd only cases
- As amazing a recording this is, and one of the best cover albums I've heard, there seems to be a pressing defect that affects at least part of the run. Record one-of-two exhibits very noticeable siblance distortion from the left channel. Record 2 (sides C & D) is perfect.
None of my 1400 other records exhibit siblance distortion. To be sure, as I like this record so much, I bought a second copy, and again, Record 1 has the same issue. Both copies were brand new / factory sealed.
I reached out to the seller, the label, and finally the pressing plant. Nobody was willing to assist. I suspect this is an issue being swept under the rug for this release, sadly.
Hopefully, others aren't so unlucky. Otherwise, GREAT music !!
- This is an incredible piece of work. Bass is tight and crisp. The band sounds like they are in my room. Probably one of the best recorded records I have. Please buy this.
- Edited one year agoWithout a shadow of doubt a fantastic sounding recording and pressings from first to last grooves. Highly recommended for friends of the genre.
- My copy is EXTREMELY noisy, but I have a hard time believing that this is an issue of the whole run. I will contact the dealer (Acoustic Sounds) to see if there's anything that can be done.
- where the final 30 ips 1/4 inch stereo master reel to reel tape?
Edit Master Release