|The Voodoo Curse|
|Dance Of The Vampires|
|Blood On His Lips|
|Cry Of The Werewolf|
|The Mummy's Shroud|
|The Corpse Rises|
|Night Of The Living Dead|
|Your Teeth In My Neck|
|Plague Of Zombies|
|Ghost Of Frankenstein|
- Featuring [As Themselves]
- This OG pressing definitely sounds much clearer & punchy than UK press.
- There's not much wrong with the UK cut but... this one just sounds better. Can't quite explain why but it absolutely smashes it.
- Epic album at correct Price, just picked up for 25 euros. Clean and powerfull pressing
- This album will go down in history as one of the greatest DUB LP's to ever be released. What a production Scientist, The Roots Radics Band, & Henry Junjo Lawes! This album was a huge influence on my DUB love from the very start. Also what a blessing to hear the whole album on GTA 3; K-Jah with Horace "The Pacifist" Walsh ;)
- Dice Lloyd Bradley en "Bass Culture" que esta serie de discos de Scientist (las de los "cómics" por llamarla de alguna forma) llaman la atención por sus icónicas portadas más que por una genuina innovación en los derroteros del dub. Y algo de razón tiene en que no es una vuelta de tuerca a lo que su mentor, King Tubby, venía haciendo desde mediado de los setenta ni mucho menos se acercan a la genialidad (y locura) del mismísimo The Upsetter, Lee Perry (¿alguna vez alguien lo ha hecho?). Pero esto no es razón para quitarle mérito esta serie incontestable ya que si algo hizo Scientist fue perfeccionar el sonido, los efectos y la técnica de grabación del dub y hacerlo sonar con una precisión, profundidad y fidelidad que cuesta pensar que se grabó hace más de 40 años atrás. Y eso es razón suficiente para instalarlo como uno de los grandes nombres del Dub.
- Edited one year agoA barcode in 1981 on a cassette ? I can't believe it, Greensleeves released cassette with bar-code around 1987
- the rear cover may not incorrectly list "Produced & Arranged by Hyman Wright"- as he may well have been the 'on-hand' producer of most H.J.Lawes sessions at the time.
HJL usually had nothing to do with any actual production. Instead, he was involved with 'finances and promotions, etc'.
- Edited one year agoIf i remember correctly Scientist and Greensleeves went to court and settled. When Scientist signed their contract he was a young teenager that didn't know much about all that. They took advantage of him claiming he was only the engineer and was payed a flat fee for the work without receiving royalties or any kind of publishing from the sales of the records. To continue selling those records Greensleeves had to change the name to Junjo or Linval. Scientist got the right to release them under his name. All the new releases sounds like crap. I also stopped buying Greensleeves records a long time ago.Correct me if I'm anywhere wrong. Respect!
- Agree, this is an excellent pressing. An original is very difficult to find and this is a great alternative! No BS 180 gram, no BS remaster wankery, high quality materials, sounds and looks fantastic. Grab one!
- Greensleeves ought to go Fuck themselves for disrespectful behaviour to Scientist, who mixed this great album. I will never again purchase or endorse any Greensleeves product ever again. Junjo is a dead gangster and is the puffy combs of reggae. This is a desecration.
Edit Master Release
- 2019 Christmas by markburns1088
- Favorittalbumer by TommyVF
- What's in my Bag 1981 by TK_2108
- DUB Be Good To Me... by gaspipe
- Halloween Music by Eri.Cyrus
- DUB/ REGGAE by strangleupmymind
- The Rough Guide To Reggae - Chapter 5 : Dub by kraemer.koelsch
- The 200 Best Albums of the 1980s (Pitchfork) by TwinPowerForce
- 257 Great Reggae Albums by vasconcelos.archi
- /dub by 969rec
- Full List Of EPs and Albums I've Listened To (Every Entry Is Rated) by CynicalRules
- Gold Sounds by pseymour
- Dejay Dubagedon 73' till 82' by vajrakilaya
- Calvo84 Top 25 albums of 1981 by Calvo84
- Wishlist by august.grahn
- Wantlist (No notifications) by afropunk90
- long plays by Hibbie
- That dub for goose bumps...big up Norwich, UK. Peace and love!! by yankslaya
- FACT 100 Best Albums of the 1980s by mikeohhh
You are viewing the new version of the master release page. Disable this option to revert to the old version.