|21st Century Schizoid Man (Including "Mirrors")||6:52|
|I Talk To The Wind||5:40|
|Epitaph (Including "March For No Reason" And "Tomorrow And Tomorrow")||8:30|
|Moonchild (Including "The Dream" And "The Illusion")||12:09|
|The Court Of The Crimson King (Including "The Return Of The Fire Witch" And "The Dance Of The Puppets")||8:48|
- Bass Guitar, Lead Vocals
- Drums, Percussion, Vocals
- Engineer [Assistant]
Official release date as per Melody Maker: October 10, 1969.
- Lol!! The Korean government used to censor music back in 1979 until they made it lawful for citizens to think for themselves. Funny that Discogs uses censorship here in 2022 to make sure that you’re only allowed to purchase or sell items that they deem suitable. Censorship sucks, all censorship!!
- Side A sounds really good, but Side B is just awful
- I compared the disc with another Italian edition from 1976. There is no comparison, sonically this edition is much better. the only difference are some inaccuracies and volume variations due to the pirated nature of this edition.
- Very nice sound quality on this release. Highly recommend!
I made a CD rip from this album:
I put this Youtube link here to help you to hear what the CD and music sounds like. My setup can be seen in the video description.
- well, this one's got the right idea. words words words.
- I’m new to all this . Just getting into different types of music so I have a question. How do I know what copy I have ? Like releasing I know I don’t have the pink “i” or pink island one either . Mine is 33 1/3 RPM P-10115A on Atlantic. Made by Warner Pioneer Japan under Atlantic. Another # on is P-8080A1. Any information and what I should pay would be great . Thank you !
- I have three pressing of this album: 1st Uk pink Island, MFSL and 1st US pressing on Atlantic Monarch.
I rank the UK 1st press far superior.....just a more organic sound than all others in my ears. The MFSL is clean nice sounding pressing but a bit compressed to my ears and not as open as the UK press....or even the US pressing. Closer you are to the original pressing better off you are. for original sound quality. I know this will start a bit of a fuss but some new pressings are cleaned up and digitally transferred and not fully analogue which I know is NOT always better BUT I prefer it. These are musical artifacts to me!! It really comes down to personal preference BUT since many are post CD and digital era listeners ...they expect silent sterile sounding recordings. IT is all opinionated anyway. Lets enjoy
The claim of original master recording of this album has been dubious in the past claims. Fripp admitted the original masters werent discovered until 2003 ..thought to be lost as previously stated by another poster.
- Admit one more to the 'why does this new and sealed record have crackle and pops?' club...
It's not exactly riddled with these irritations but even a couple is too many, especially during 'Moonchild'.
Been wet cleaned once so maybe another one will fix things a bit.
Otherwise, the sound is impressive-detailed and expressive-but maybe having characteristics closed to digital than analogue if that's something that would bother you.
- Edited 27 days agoThunderous! Pick it up while it’s cheap - of course nm pink I could be better & more nostalgic but cash needed…
This is the ONE after 45 yrs constantly playing!
- This was my favorite album from 2017-2019 until Stephanie introduced me to Os Mutantes (via A Divina Comedia...). James gifted this to me for my birthday, I'll forever be thankful for him for that. This is something I wish I could listen to for the first time.
Edit Master Release
- G.O.A.T 50 Albums (1 per artist) by Sukiome
- ∀ by Senki_Dala
- Uno Por Año by Jorgestar29
- Albums/EPs I like by TheDude234576
- master wishlist by crysafty
- 2022 by your_friend_koen
- listened by cengix
- Albums/EPs I've Listened To by ArtIrony
- .past - present - eternal. by BubbleBuzz
- Albums that I've listened to (In mostly chronological order): by JustanotherMatthew
- Прослушано by lerik
- gold by dlopan
- Album Covers That Look the Same by The3ninjakids
- 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die (All editions combined) by fominozzi
- Gifts by FestaMesta
- Albums that I've listened to by Garkenful
- Dischi by Davidenin96
- Christmas by benvic601
- /progressive rock by 969rec
- My Top 25 Favourite Albums by ExistenceIsOverrated