|21st Century Schizoid Man (Including "Mirrors")||6:52|
|I Talk To The Wind||5:40|
|Epitaph (Including "March For No Reason" And "Tomorrow And Tomorrow")||8:30|
|Moonchild (Including "The Dream" And "The Illusion")||12:09|
|The Court Of The Crimson King (Including "The Return Of The Fire Witch" And "The Dance Of The Puppets")||8:48|
- Bass Guitar, Lead Vocals
- Drums, Percussion, Vocals
- Engineer [Assistant]
Official release date as per Melody Maker: October 10, 1969.
- I agree with the previous comments that this pressing doesn't sound all that great. It sounds very thin, no real punch, with lacking bass.
- Own one is A2/B3. However, an item with matrix number A1/B1 was put up for sale on eBay in May 2007. The item was sold for US$ 4876.7! The attached image of the runout was stamped with "9111 A//1" and "9111 B//1". Was anyone else watching?
- I'm not a huge fan of remixes, but this one is superbly done! Sounds great too, better than my '69 Atlantic pressing. The bonus LP is icing on the cake!
- Edited 17 days agoI am looking for a sleeve to go with my copy of this pressing. I found the record at the bottom of a box in a hoarding situation, but the cover was long gone. I've been keeping it stashed in the gatefold of my 50th anniversary edition. If anyone happens to have a sleeve they wish to sell me, please get in touch! I am in the United States.
I must agree with other reviewers, this is a wonderful sounding pressing. Great dynamics, warm sound, just gorgeous.
- I would pay an ungodly amount of money for a copy of this
- Not as good as a UK pressing, but not "trash" like others have said. It's really important to have very quiet vinyl for this album, and the Japanese pressing is much better than UK and US pressings I've heard as far as surface noise goes. I would not pick this over a UK, but over a US press? Sure!
- Matrix are KCLP1 A-2 JASDAFACE LOUD and KCLP1 B-2 JASDAFACE LOUD. It seems the jacket is same one as the 50th anniversary analog version.
- Edited one month agoif you are into audiophile, in my opinion, nowadays you can choose between two ways to enjoy this album. If you want the full analog experience deep and huge sound, and more sweet midrange go and get a uk press, i am a big fan of porky masterings so this was my choice. And on the other hand if you want to get all the detail, realism and the instruments floating in front of you, listen to the Steven Wilson remix ,you can get on digital.
A big difference is in "i talk to the wind" wich the SW remix just do all better in terms of imaging and clarity, but in for example "epitaph" all the detail is there but lacks some emotion in the crescendo part, , wich is present on this vinyl version, and it makes it huge and frontal, just amazing. (at least in my system wich i put more effort on the phono section).
- amazing sound! Get if you can, you wont regret it
- I had an old German pressing from the seventies and the KCPL1 reissue: the Former was muddy, the latter reissue much better, but with constricted Dynamics as Most reissues are in my experience: very loud bass, Most Instruments at the Same Dynamic Level. This wilson mix is again a revelation: huge soundstage, distinction of all instruments and much higher Dynamic Range at all and for every Instrument. This is my Final Version.
Edit Master Release
- Les albums écoutés by Potonta
- ∀ by Senki_Dala
- What's in my Bag 1969 by TK_2108
- Albums/EPs I've Listened To by ArtIrony
- The Cosmos Of JasonMcLeest by JasonMcLeest
- Albums/EPs I like by TheDude234576
- 286 albums you should hear (you don't have to like them all) by SirWinston
- The Top 3000 Records (so far...) by Top3000Records
- Прослушано by lerik
- Personal Fav 500 by ermanozbagci
- Looking for the Perfect Beat by tmboe
- Canon by idimco
- Listened by hipp-e
- Favorites by Mindaugas303
- albums I have listened to by ercloud
- It's about the music by patricepatrick
- Parody | Tribute | Imitation | Inspiration by tusovski
- My Precious by elkardz
- listened by cengix
- .past - present - eternal. by BubbleBuzz