C.J. Bolland* – Electronic Highway
|Style:||Breakbeat, Techno, Drum n Bass, Electro|
|The Tower Of Naphtali||7:14|
|Nec Plus Ultra||11:12|
- C.J. Bolland*Written-By, Producer
- Cisco FerreiraWritten-By, Producer
|Image||,||–||In Your Collection, Wantlist, or Inventory||Version Details||Data Quality|
|R & S Records – RS 95011 CD||Belgium||1995||Belgium — 1995|
|R & S Records – RS 95011||Europe||1995||Europe — 1995|
|Rough Trade – RTD119.3107.2, R & S Records – RS 95011 CD||Germany||1995||Germany — 1995|
Cassette, Advance, Album, Promo
|R & S Records – none||Europe||1995||Europe — 1995|
|R & S Records – SRCS 7957||Japan||1996||Japan — 1996|
Cassette, Album, Unofficial Release
|Not On Label (CJ Bolland) – none||Ukraine||Ukraine|
|R & S Records – RS 95011 CD||Austria||Austria|
referencing Electronic Highway (2×LP, Album) RS 95011This is an excellent album, the A side is good, very evocative, ethereal and trancey, but the creme de la creme is the longest track: B1, Nec Plus Ultra.
A true musical journey, for me this is electronica at it's finest, like Orbital but with more drive and complexity, like Underworld but more ethereal, it sends shivers up and down my spine
A genuine classic that, like all the best stuff ftom the 90's, sounds as fresh today as it did back then. You need this record in your collection☺
- In my opinion his best album, tracks sound very hypnotic and some of them have powerful deep melodies that reminds me a but Nostrum tunes. My top track here is "The Tower Of Naphtali", i also love "Con Spirito" by Vangelis and "Bones".
- The melody of "Con Spirito" is lifted straight from Vangelis's "Heaven and Hell (Part 2)" without giving him any credit. Shame on you, Mr. Bolland!
- Just listen to con spirito and be amazed by Cj’s production.
referencing Electronic Highway (2×LP, Album) RS 95011A truly fantastic album from One of techno's unsung heroes!!!!!
- If old skool hardcore hadn't splintered into happy hardcore and drum 'n' bass /jungle etc. i hope it would have sounded similar to this album. Brilliant and underrated.
referencing Electronic Highway (CD, Album) RTD119.3107.2We have to choose the words wisely to review this album. After the mastodontic classic "4th sign", it was very hard to achieve the same brilliance and solid structure that his previous works had. So, can this album be considered as a classic as well? Yes. Absolutely. From the first second, when the first drops of sound hit your ears, and the trancey techno break beats fill your brain, you can immediatly understand why Bolland couldnt be anything else but an electronic musician. Everything was done right. The breaks, the melodies, the structures... Even the artwork is amazing. This release is a lot more melodic than Cj's previous releases, and the rhythms are a lot more complex, dipped into strong flavours of Drum and Bass, carefully sliced by those melodic breaks, that Cristopher does like no one else.
referencing Electronic Highway (CD, Album) SRCS 7957On Electronic Highway, CJ Bolland distances himself from the stark acid-techno and trance of his early career with a set of emotive, symphonic tracks. Though Bolland's rhythms are just as driving, and his use of percussion just as heavy as before, most of the squelchy acid effects have been replaced. On "The Tower of Naphtali" he uses toybox melodies to soften the blow, while a few faraway vintage synth lines spice "Con Spirito" and the highlight "Zenith." With help on engineering from David Morley, Bolland also added breakbeats, and the result is the solid early ambient drum'n'bass piece, "Bones." Cisco Ferreira also helps out on two tracks, a remix of "Spoof" and "Drum Tower."
- Songs 1,3 and 5 are solid rock. These three stand for me as the best of Bolland-sound. Melodies flow, beat goes on in its own way and the result is a winner.
- Contains a few excellent, melodic techno tracks. The first three tracks are still fabulous today. It's about the best example of splitting listening and dancing capabilities down the middle.
Edit Master Release
Marketplace25 For Sale from $8.19
- techno - house - deep house - electro by synaesth
- Listened by Prisoneer
- Favorite house tracks by RuffEd
- Strange 1 by geneticsanctuary
- [Tipp] by LaCargo
- 1995: best albums by sleptsov
- ✌️ Saw-mon & Natalie by Saw-mon_and_Natalie
- TWGEEMA 1995 by sellerto
- 100 Favourite Albums by AlexisNembrode
- Intro 1995 by indy133