Edit Master Release
You are viewing the new version of the master release page. Disable this option to revert to the old version.
|Birth Of A Fish...||2:09|
|...Powdered Water Too (1)||3:03|
|...Powdered Water Too (2)||3:24|
|Color My World Mine||5:58|
|A Murder Of Memories||4:58|
|Void (Internal Theory)||2:14|
|The Dive (1)||4:13|
|The Dive (2)||5:14|
|Read Wiped In Blue||5:09|
|Void (External Theory)||1:14|
|On This I Stand||5:29|
|Before And After||3:41|
- A&R [Uncredited]
- Artwork, Design
- Coordinator [Project Coordinator]
|Image||,||–||In Your Collection, Wantlist, or Inventory||Version Details||Data Quality|
|Rhymesayers Entertainment – RS0022-2||US||2001||US — 2001|
|Rhymesayers Entertainment – RS0022-1||US||2001||US — 2001|
|First Born (Instrumentals)|
2×12", 33 ⅓ RPM
|Rhymesayers Entertainment – RS8787-INST||US||2001||US — 2001|
|Rhymesayers Entertainment – RS8787-2||US||2001||US — 2001|
|Rhymesayers Entertainment – RS8787-1||US||2001||US — 2001|
|First Born (Promo) (Advance Copy)|
CD, Mini, Advance, Album, Promo
|Rhymesayers Entertainment – none||US||2001||US — 2001|
Silver; All Media, Album, Club Edition, Reissue, Remastered
|Rhymesayers Entertainment – RS0022-2||US||2021||US — 2021|
|Rhymesayers Entertainment – rse0335-4||US||2022||US — 2022|
|First Born |
12", 33 ⅓ RPM, Album, Etched, Reissue, Special Edition
|Rhymesayers Entertainment – RSE-0335-4||USA & Canada||2022||USA & Canada — 2022|
|First Born |
CD, Album, Reissue
20th Anniversary Edition
|Rhymesayers Entertainment – RSE0335-2||USA & Canada||2022||USA & Canada — 2022|
- Edited one month agoTop pressing! Nothing to complain about here. I would prefer black vinyl but can't say anything wrong about the sound quality of these coloured vinyl.
- Incredible reissue front to back — records were shipped with care and both LP's and picture disc sound dynamic and full. 5/5 Rhymesayers does it again.
referencing First Born (3×LP, Album, Gatefold ) RS8787-1I had my eyes on this for a while — one of my favorite hip hip albums, and I always wanted the OG pressing. Finally pulled the trigger and picked up a decent copy for $100. I was completely disappointed by the sound quality — heavy sibilance and surface noise. Discs were clean, but still sounded like dog shit. I couldn’t listen to it. Wondering if anyone else had a similar experience?
Eventually picked up the VMP version to compare, and it absolutely blows this one away. Sound is perfect. Ended up selling my OG copy.
If you’re actually trying to bump this record, I recommend the repress.
- Got this back in March and haven’t given it a spin until today. An undoubtedly classic underground rap project, one of the best from the 2000s, and one I haven’t revisited in quite some time… man, did VMP knock this pressing out of the park. Wish that it included liner note of some kind, but the pressing itself is stellar.
- Agree with everyone else sounds so much better than ever before looks special too, lyrics would have been nice or a little booklet with info or poster but none the less just happy to have this masterpiece on wax
- This one is a stone cold classic for me. I saw A&E with living legends in Seattle on the tour for this album. So glad to finally own this one on wax. VMP did it proper and the vinyl and packaging is perfect. A must own for any backpack lover.
- Edited one year agothe only thing i wish was done with this release was cutting the bonus track, because On This I Stand is just a perfect ending to the album. Everything else is flawless!
edit: updated the tracklisting, Before and After is NOT on this release, for anyone else who is curious about things like that.
edit 2: this actually has the same tracklisting as Eyedea & Abilities - First Born, which includes Eyes of Today but NOT the bonus track Before and After.
all in all, i would have preferred a proper 3xLP reissue instead of 2xLP colored, but this is the best option we've got for First Born being reissued on wax
- The sound is absolutely perfect and the cover is beautiful. VMP gave what it deserves to that masterpiece.
- After listening to this in my car, I learned that the bonus track that was originally on the official cd and vinyl isn’t on this: “before and after ft. Blueprint”