Edit Master Release
- Listened by hipp-e
- Listened by GabrieleDiSiena
- Albums/EP's I've Listened To by BRAINBUSTAAAHHH
- recommend to emily by _morning
- My Top 250 Albums Of All Time [Updated July 2022] by bobbybto
- Jazz by peter_parker_808
- Vinyl Me Please, 100 Albums by MemphisJay
- GOAT by addict_fedot
- Albums listened to in June '22 by Derg_Nasty
- Freedom by S_J_
- VINYLS I OWN by slimyisforever
- JAZZ-FREE-AVANT GARDE JAZZ-FUSION by ruiraiox
- Mu Essentials by gaowuya2004
- Deseos by J053M
- My Top 100 Jazz Albums of All Time by reggaetapes
- Best records of 2015 by guzzer
- Dexter's Album of the Year by DexterInTheDark
- Vinyl Albums by rborne
- Jazz by sabmo
- 100 Best Albums of the 2010's by MemphisJay
You are viewing the new version of the master release page. Disable this option to revert to the old version.
|Volume 1 - The Plan|
|Change Of The Guard||12:16|
|The Next Step||14:49|
|Volume 2 - The Glorious Tale|
|The Rhythm Changes||7:44|
|Leroy And Lanisha||9:24|
|Henrietta Our Hero||7:14|
|Volume 3 - The Historic Repetition|
|The Magnificent 7||12:46|
|Re Run Home||14:06|
|Clair De Lune||11:08|
- Acoustic Bass
- Artwork [Adaptation & Caligraphy]
- Artwork [Additional]
- Artwork [Cover Background Art "The Elixir"]
- Artwork [Poster Inserts]
|Image||,||–||In Your Collection, Wantlist, or Inventory||Version Details||Data Quality|
17×File, FLAC, Album
|Brainfeeder – BFDNL050||2015||2015|
|Brainfeeder – BFCD050||Europe||2015||Europe — 2015|
180g; Box Set, Album
|Brainfeeder – BF050||USA & Europe||2015||USA & Europe — 2015|
17×File, FLAC, Album
24-bit 44.1 kHz
|Brainfeeder – BFDNL050||US||2015||US — 2015|
3×LP; Box Set, Album, Limited Edition, Test Pressing
|Brainfeeder – BF050P||Europe||2015||Europe — 2015|
|Brainfeeder – BRFD50, Beat Records – BRFD50||Japan||2015||Japan — 2015|
17×File, WAV, Album
16-bit / 44.1 kHz
|Brainfeeder – BFDNL050W, Ninja Tune – none||US||2015||US — 2015|
3×CD, Album, Repress
|Brainfeeder – BFCD050||Europe||2017||Europe — 2017|
3×LP, Reissue; Box Set, Album
|Brainfeeder – BF050||UK||2018||UK — 2018|
3×LP, Reissue; Box Set, Album
|Brainfeeder – BF050||Europe||2020||Europe — 2020|
3×LP, Reissue, Stereo; Box Set, Album
|Brainfeeder – BF050||Europe||2021||Europe — 2021|
- Great music and presentation. It’s a pity that the pressing is so poor.
- Pretty disappointed with the sound on this one ... I'm not a hardcore audiophile but even to my amateur ears, the 3LP box just sounds dull and muffled compared to the digital. On its own merits, it's fine but if you want the best version available – LP is not it.
- PROS: The packaging and presentation are absolutely stunning! The price is also very reasonable and affordable for this which is good since Brainfeeder could have easily made this a $70 box set.
CONS: As many have mentioned already, putting 30 minutes on each side is going to sacrifice some sound quality. I definitely noticed a low volume on the records but once I turned it up, the music sounded decent. Nothing mind-blowing but it's able to fill the room without anything sounding muddy or distorted. In terms of pressing quality, I did notice some surface noise on my copy. Disc 2 and 3 are OK as the pops and clicks are really only present in-between tracks but disc 1 was probably the noisiest out of the bunch. There are repetitive pops and clicks near the end of "Change of the Guard" which didn't last too long but it was distracting at times. Again, this is just my copy so others may fair better.
Overall, it's an "ok" pressing. It could be better but for what it is, it's a solid purchase if you're looking to pick up a copy.
- Is this any good? I read any kind of bad things about the first pressing so I was wondering about buying this repress.
- Right up my alley as far as composition goes. Agree with the comments, not the most audiophile pressing. When things get busy a lot of tones can get washed out by the sax. His later Heaven and Earth pressing is of far better quality, but I'm a fan of Kamasi and am just happy to have his stuff in my collection.
- We are talking about almost 3 hours of music, so it's 30 minutes per side. Don't expect a super audiophile pressing, it's just impossible to do it here (it would take 6x12" to make it great). The pressing is good anyway and the listening is more than decent. The packaging is lovely!
- Edited one year agoI just wonder why this record shows up in my "recommondations" list with a few certain other records about 90% of the time I click through such genres. It certainly gets heavily pushed in my face through Discogs algorithms, but hasn't reached my ears yet. Maybe some day.
- Edited 3 years agoAlthough it becomes a little long in the tooth, The Epic is a sensational debut.
Sadly, this version is marred by a poor pressing. It's a shame because a lot of thought went into the packaging, and the physical presentation is very nice.
My records shipped with a large amount of surface noise and spindle holes that are way too small. The digital presentation of this album is vastly superior. What a shame.
- Had this one, listened for about 3/4 times...
Really tried to like it...
...bu I just don't get it !
Yeah, technically top played,Marsalis brothers are also technically one of the best!
Executed very sharp, but idoes it say anything ( at least to me ) ?
I rest my case on this one: JUST PASS ME BY !!!