|Volume 1 - The Plan|
|Change Of The Guard||12:16|
|The Next Step||14:49|
|Volume 2 - The Glorious Tale|
|The Rhythm Changes||7:44|
|Leroy And Lanisha||9:24|
|Henrietta Our Hero||7:14|
|Volume 3 - The Historic Repetition|
|The Magnificent 7||12:46|
|Re Run Home||14:06|
|Clair De Lune||11:08|
- Acoustic Bass
- Artwork [Adaptation & Caligraphy]
- Artwork [Additional]
- Artwork [Cover Background Art "The Elixir"]
- Artwork [Poster Inserts]
|Image||,||–||In Your Collection, Wantlist, or Inventory||Version Details||Data Quality|
17×File, FLAC, Album
|Brainfeeder – BFDNL050||2015||2015|
|Brainfeeder – BFCD050||Europe||2015||Europe — 2015|
3×LP, 180g; Box Set, Album
|Brainfeeder – BF050||USA & Europe||2015||USA & Europe — 2015|
17×File, FLAC, Album, 24-bit 44.1 kHz
|Brainfeeder – BFDNL050||US||2015||US — 2015|
3×LP, Album, Test Pressing
|Brainfeeder – BF050||2015||2015|
|Brainfeeder – BRFD50, Beat Records – BRFD50||Japan||2015||Japan — 2015|
17×File, WAV, Album, 16-bit / 44.1 kHz
|Brainfeeder – BFDNL050W, Ninja Tune – none||US||2015||US — 2015|
3×CD, Album, Repress
|Brainfeeder – BFCD050||Europe||2017||Europe — 2017|
3×LP, Reissue; Box Set, Album
|Brainfeeder – BF050||UK||2018||UK — 2018|
3×CD, Album, Repress
|Brainfeeder – BFCD050||Europe||2018||Europe — 2018|
3×LP, Reissue, Repress; Box Set, Album
|Brainfeeder – BF050||Europe||2020||Europe — 2020|
Box Set, Album; 2×LP, Reissue, Repress, Stereo; LP, Reissue, Stereo
|Brainfeeder – BF050||Europe||2021||Europe — 2021|
- Edited 11 days agoMy matrix runout reads: MPO 21 227502 so maybe a different issue?
- This pressing sounds like I'm listening in my living room, but the music is playing in my garage. Except for the surface noise - that's so clear and close I can practically touch it.
- An epic indeed! With that being said, I never listen to this all in one sitting. Great music and an even more meaningful album if you're a fan of his contribution to Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp a Butterfly. I certainly am!
It is inferior to the digital version sounding muffled in comparison. However, I wouldn't have noticed if I didn't A/B it. With the presentation, you'd believe this to be a great value but after hearing it, it seems rightfully priced.
- Edited 10 months agoKinda pissed about this one. Such a classic (and "epic") album, but the pressing kills me. Muffled and over-compressed. No life to it; missing all dynamics. And the mastering levels are super low, too. A+ for the music; C+ for the sound quality.
EDIT: Ending up returning this one, despite getting a fantastic price ($35). Not worth it when I can listen on Spotify where it sounds BETTER than vinyl.
- Great music and presentation. It’s a pity that the pressing is so poor.
- Pretty disappointed with the sound on this one ... I'm not a hardcore audiophile but even to my amateur ears, the 3LP box just sounds dull and muffled compared to the digital. On its own merits, it's fine but if you want the best version available – LP is not it.
- PROS: The packaging and presentation are absolutely stunning! The price is also very reasonable and affordable for this which is good since Brainfeeder could have easily made this a $70 box set.
CONS: As many have mentioned already, putting 30 minutes on each side is going to sacrifice some sound quality. I definitely noticed a low volume on the records but once I turned it up, the music sounded decent. Nothing mind-blowing but it's able to fill the room without anything sounding muddy or distorted. In terms of pressing quality, I did notice some surface noise on my copy. Disc 2 and 3 are OK as the pops and clicks are really only present in-between tracks but disc 1 was probably the noisiest out of the bunch. There are repetitive pops and clicks near the end of "Change of the Guard" which didn't last too long but it was distracting at times. Again, this is just my copy so others may fair better.
Overall, it's an "ok" pressing. It could be better but for what it is, it's a solid purchase if you're looking to pick up a copy.
Edit Master Release
- Wantlist by dmatasoff
- recommend to emily by _morning
- My Top 250 Albums Of All Time [Updated May 2023] by bobbybto
- Samuel L. Bronkowicz Presents... 2015 winners to date by d-JCB
- Freedom by S_J_
- Scarufficore™ by noby
- Listened by hipp-e
- Favourite Albums, ever by PhillVector
- Jazz by Nismo87
- Alberto Selects | 20 Jazz Albums by albertobuffin
- Albums/EP's I've Listened To by BRAINBUSTAAAHHH
- GOAT by addict_fedot
- Disques écoutés by Patato666
- Listened by g2002
- Jazz in June 2022 by Derg_Nasty
- My most favourite releases of the 2010s by Xe4ro
- Best records of 2015 by guzzer
- Vinyl Me Please, 100 Albums by MemphisJay
- What's in my Bag 2015 by TK_2108
- Future Buys by slandrey26