|B||Kunta Kinte (Version Two)|
- Producer –
Pressed on heavyweight vinyl (74 grams) with Full Charge printed cardboard sleeve. Runouts are stamped
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A): PSS015-A 122878H1/B
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B): PSS015-B 122878H2/B
|Kunta Kinte (7", 45 RPM, Reissue, Test Pressing)||Pressure Sounds||PSS 015||UK||2020|
|Kunta Kinte (7", 45 RPM, Single, Reissue)||Pressure Sounds||PSS 015||UK||2020|
|Kunta Kinte (7", 45 RPM, Single, Limited Edition, Numbered, Reissue, Screen printed sleeve)||Pressure Sounds||PSS 015||UK||2021|
|Kunta Kinte (7", 45 RPM, Numbered)||Channel One, Pressure Sounds||none, PSS 015||UK||2021|
|Kunta Kinte (7", 45 RPM, Reissue)||Channel One, Pressure Sounds||none, PSS 015||UK||2021|
- why in the world is this blocked. seriously wtf . Rest in Power Jah Shaka
- Trigger happy Discogs police in action again; this plate has nothing in the spirit of dub & reggae to warrant a block.
Based on this block ALL dub 45's, 12"s. acetates etc. should be blocked as all use rhythms unofficially. It's the culture.
- I remember this dub plate clearly as I was raving to Jah Shaka at the time. The Phebes Club in Stoke Newington, Amhurst Rd was Shaka's residency from 1978/9 to the mid 80's. I'm not entirely sure when that residency ended as I stopped going to Phebes in about 1983/4..To me this tune stands out as one of Jah Shaka's most recognised Dub plates. Don't quote me, but I believe the first time I heard it played was around 1977/8 time, but regardless. It was impossible to hear this tune and not skank..Lol!! From the intro it's skanking time.
Plus my friends and I were actually dressed in suits, crocs (Crocodile shoes), Lizard skin shoes and silk shirts...Why I hear you ask?
Because the club had three floors, one as you came in, also upstairs where another Iconic Sound named "Danny Cassanova" played Soul, reggae & lovers rock hence our outfits😄 But the basement where Shaka played would always finished last out of the 3 floors so we would end up in there amongst Rasta's skanking hard to the bass of Jah Shaka (Zulu Warrior)..R.I.E.P 🙏🏽🙏🏽
- I have a mint copy if anyone wants just DM me
- Edited 6 months agoGot an Ex copy of the first heavyweight 7" vinyl release for sale if anyone wants ?
- Does anybody know why it's banned from the Discogs marketplace?
- FYI, this heavyweight version is far superior in my opinion to the newer re. Heavier, deeper, more clarity, louder...better
- Aquizim – Kunte Kinte,1981 release this IS the same tune...just remixed
Jah Shaka stylee.
- Be prepared for prices going up and copies getting more and more sold out, as the scorcher tune (Kunta Kinte Version One) has been recently used as climaxing soundtrack in Steve McQueen's "Lovers Rock" TV movie (part of "Small Axe" mini series)...
- Edited 5 years agoHeavyweight release from 2007 , a must have . . .
This release has been blocked from sale in the marketplace. It is not permitted to sell this item on Discogs.