|B2||Love Over Gold||6:15|
|B3||It Never Rains||7:55|
- Bass –
- Composed By –
- Design [Sleeve Design] –
- Drums –
- Engineer –
- Engineer [Assistant] –
- Guitar –
- Keyboards –
- Lacquer Cut By – (tracks: A1, A2), (tracks: B1 to B3)
- Management –
- Mastered By –
- Photography By – ,
- Producer –
- Programmed By [Synth Program] –
- Vibraphone [Vibes], Marimba – (tracks: A2, B2)
- Vocals, Guitar –
© 1982 Phonogram Ltd ℗ 1982 Phonogram Ltd
Issued with a printed lyric innersleeve.
Issued with a printed lyric innersleeve.
- Matrix / Runout (Side A label): 6359 109.1
- Matrix / Runout (Side A label): 6359 109.2
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, Runout): 63 5 91 09 A // 3 ∇ 1 3 0 6359109 - A masterdisk RL
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, Runout): 63 5 91 09 B // 2 ∇ 1 3 0 7 2 6359109 - B-UK masterdisk hw
|Love Over Gold (LP, Album)||Vertigo||6359 109||Netherlands||1982|
|Love Over Gold (Cassette, Album, Stereo)||Vertigo||7150 109||UK||1982|
|Love Over Gold (LP, Album, Stereo)||Vertigo||6359 109||France||1982|
|Love Over Gold (LP, Album)||Vertigo||6359 109||Germany||1982|
|Love Over Gold (LP, Album)||Vertigo||6359 109||Australasia||1982|
- With NM copies kicking around at £10-12 this is possibly the best value true audiophile wax out there. The clarity and separation of instruments and vocals is sublime.
Knopflers delicate guitar work is there to savour in all its glory through Private Investigations.
This is sound engineering at its most perfect…
- Edited 12 days agoAmazing sound quality on this release! Highly recommend!
I made a needledrop from this album:
I put this Youtube link here to help you to hear what the pressing and music sounds like. My setup can be seen in the video description.
- I bought this pressing in NM condition and after listening to it, I wondered by I ever bothered buying the MOFI 2x45 rpm in the first place. With the exception of Brothers in arms, I sold all of my Dire Straits MFSL cut from DSD pressings and replaced them with the OG UK pressings.
- Get yourself a NM or Mint copy of this 1982 UK pressing when you can still get it cheap. You won't be dissapointed.
- It does have an excellent sound, but I have never liked Dire Straights, or this record. The second half of side two is much better.
I can remember trying to explore mellow music and being recommended this record around the time it came out. The person who recommended this said most of the music I was looking for was old. Guy was literally half blind. Nice guy but didn't have a clue, and he worked in a record shop. Duh!
Why not recommend Eno, or some mellow jazz, Classical. Shaking my head.
- I've inherited an LP of LOG with an embossed gold star on the back cover, anyone know anything about this version. its marked 6359 109 (Vertigo) and the gold star is positioned above the track listing?
- the album that introduced me to the compact disc i couldn't believe how clear it was
- which version of this vinyl is the best sounding? I heard the Japanese one is best, but not sure...
- There is a drop-out in the left channel of the first song, Telegraph road, about 3:38-3:39 into the song, when Knopfler sings, then there was a war.
It is even on my blue swirls vertigo, matrix number 800088 2 01, and on subsequent pressings, like 800088-2 08, with red vertigo spirals and see-through inner hub.
It is also on dutch LPs from 87, or on dutch chrome cassettes.
It is not on very first German lps with the red silk-screen printed label, or on very first German tape cassettes.
Does anyone know about the reasons and origins of that drop-out? It was not fixed until the remaster of 1996 by Bob Ludwig.
Is there any CD available with the first mastering that does not have this channel drop out?
Can you tell, when that drop-out first occured? What is your first earliest copy of that album (Lp, cassette, 8-track or CD, any record company) that has this drop-out?
What is your latest copy of that album with first mastering (prior to the 1996 Bob Ludwig remasterings) that does not carry that drop-out?
- The sound quality of this vinyl has got to be one of the best out there! Outstanding
- Vinyl by sanderson534
- Garage Line by Joe66
- Rock by 602426
- war chief by warchiefrecords
- Dire Straits by asiomanasiev
- Longinus vinyl collection by longinus67
- Rock-Blues LP by r.miniero
- Old LP's Wanted by VinylKnights
- a reminder by SeRKeT
- Best Ever Albums top 2000 by rabaier
- To Sell by mantle90
- Vinyl 2 by Soulsuite
- Our Collection by tom.lewis.1986