- 👌 by psyance_QL
- Various records that DJ's have played/owned - The DJ Producer. by John_Galbraith
- The Hardcore Hour 16/05/20: Stay At Home by Singularity140
- The Hardcore Hour 28/02/20 Shock Radio: "Closing The Circle" by Singularity140
- Greatest Electronic Music Albums by Chelsea1979
- kleez.one - 430 Mull & Lekebusch.mp3 by kleez.one
- kleez.one - 335 Bird Alert.mp3 by kleez.one
- kleez.one - 290 Grand Central.mp3 by kleez.one
- kleez.one - 259 Universal Constant.mp3 by kleez.one
- kleez.one - 195 Church Bells.mp3 by kleez.one
- kleez.one - 117 Rest in Pain.mp3 by kleez.one
- Lacquer Cut By –
- Matrix / Runout (Etched side A): HP 1204 A1 WHAT"S THE PLACE ? THE EXCHANGE - NILZ. MPO
- Matrix / Runout (Etched side B): HP 1204 B1 THE EXCHANGE - NILZ. MPO
I freaking love this e.p. A lot of dubby techno is ten to the penny, but Cari got this right, with its power and swagger. More than worth the peanuts its going for.
I was so jealous of my asshole roommate in '97 because he had this record and he wouldn't let me play any of his records out. He would let me play at the house, but not at parties.... and he wasn't even a Lekebusch fan.. at least not like me. One of Cari's best here... the pinnacle of everything he was putting out at that time leads to this EP. Culmination of his dub and Jamaican sounds, Chi-town stomp, and the bass lines that would destroy a dance floor.
Edited 5 years ago
The A1 track still gives me goosebumps to this day, and is IMHO by far and large if not _the_ best, at least one of the best tracks he's ever done, maintaining both the mellow roots vibe with full-on 4/4 dancefloor techno. Then B2, and finally B1. In fact, the EP doesn't even have any irrelevant fillers, it's pure gold all the way. Awe-inspiring stuff!
Great record all-round. Trend setting sound. Cari Lekebusch really was one of the most innovative sound architects of 90s techno. He deserves a spot in the techno Hall of Fame.
Great track. This is definitely the sound of the late 90ies. Beyer and Lekebush invented this sound. It still keeps rockin'. Wonderful.
"Stop fighting....start uniting!!!!" Brilliant! One of his best!
A typical Lekebusch record; inventive and extremely well put together. B1 features a sample from Scientist's "Scientist Wins The World Cup" album and is quite possibly more jamaica than any other techno track.