|1||Theme Of Laura||3:24|
|4||A World Of Madness||1:47|
|7||Ashes And Ghost||3:07|
|10||Alone In The Town||2:19|
|11||The Darkness That Lurks In Our Mind||1:15|
|13||The Day Of Night||1:37|
|16||Fermata In Mistic Air||2:16|
|20||Noone Love You||1:32|
|21||The Reverse Will||3:33|
|22||Laura Plays The Piano||1:54|
|23||Terror In The Depths Of The Fog||4:31|
|27||Theme Of Laura (Reprise)||1:51|
- Acoustic Guitar, Bass, Edited By, Engineer, Guitar, Mixed By, Producer [Sound Producer], Programmed By, Recorded By, Synthesizer, Written-By –
- Art Direction, Design –
- DJ Mix –
- Directed By –
- Directed By [Assistant] –
- Engineer [Assistant] –
- Executive-Producer –
- Illustration [Computer Graphics Illustration] –
- Keyboards –
- Mastered By –
- Other [Artists And Repertoire] –
- Producer –
- Product Manager –
- Product Manager [Promoter] – , , ,
- Product Manager [Publishing] –
- Product Manager [Sales Promoter] –
- Technician [Instruments] – ,
Recorded at Agora Studio.
Mastered at Hitokuchizaka Studio.
Mastered at Hitokuchizaka Studio.
- Barcode (Text): 4 524334 001473
- Barcode (String): 4524334001473
- Matrix / Runout: LC-1078 MT 461
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L154
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 28S2
|Silent Hill 2 (Original Soundtrack) (CD, Album, Unofficial Release)||King Records||KICP-120||Japan||2001|
|Silent Hill 2 (Original Soundtrack) (CD, Album, Slipcase)||Konami||KOE-CDS-100||Europe||2001|
|Silent Hill 2 (Original Soundtracks) (CD, Album, Unofficial Release)||Ever Anime International Records||GM-493||Taiwan||2001|
|Silent Hill 2 (Original Soundtrack) (CD, Album, Unofficial Release)||Miya Records||MICA-0243||Taiwan||2001|
|Silent Hill 2 (Original Soundtracks) (CD, Album, Unofficial Release)||SonMay Records||SMG-031||Taiwan||2001|
- Selling SH2 red and clear on eBay as of now for £250, new.
- Edited 7 months agoWhile I (mostly) agree with Leonthepro about the selection of this OST, I feel there are definitely some tracks that deserve to be here and some in game versions that have been tampered with.
My first introduction to Silent Hill (any of them) was this soundtrack. I was fascinated and enthralled by tracks such as Heaven's Night and Promise (Reprise), as I became familiar with the series more and played the original SH2 on the PS2 (finished it a mere half hour ago, and got the In Water ending for those curious), I can definitively say that certain tracks were misaligned.
One of the ones I see mentioned the most is Blank Fairy- and I have to agree; the background metallic noises not present in the in game version detract from the track. I was familiar with the CD version first but recognize it is inferior. It lacks the dread, the fatigue that James has carries throughout his journey of guilt and anguish.
Another is Heaven's Day, a song I think would fit in quite nicely here, a relatively melody song that could serve as a more upbeat counterpart to Heaven's Night.
A section of the game I feel is underrepresented here is the apartment sequence, but I understand why. If they could have somehow combined Blood Pulse, Tension, Another Breath, and Butterfly Nest into some sort of song, or represented the ambience of that section here, I would've been quite pleased.
Overall, a fantastic CD notwithstanding my very minor issues (I have not had the experience on vinyl yet, but I've heard it's... alright I guess). Definitely a standout score to one of the best video games of all time. I am sure to revisit this for years and years to come.
- @ the 2019 Mondo release - Bad artwork, blah blah blah. It's okay and reminiscent of the game cover with the same theme as 1, just hoped they left the title for the spine and obi as with continuity as before but also emphasised with the bleak fog and fuin theme in connection to the snowfall, blood and rust of the first game. Looking back they did it.
Whats an actual issue prevalent with all releases so far is there seems to be important ambiences missing like Forest Trail that are more consciously prevalent to a playthrough then hearing 6 different scenarios when you realistically can only ecounter one at a time but I digress. Secondly is that Akira Yamaoka is nowhere to be seen for being credited which says something to either Mondo and Konami.
- Silent Hill 2 vinyl up for pre-order at Norman records U.K.
- The black vinyl is gonna be easily available at shops. Looking forward to picking this up soon.
- And for the best horror game of all time could not that the best soundtrack ever, there is a terrifying genius behind every track.
- Just finished the game for the first time I played it (I know almost 20 years after it's release but I'm not a "gamer") and it was a powerful experience, mainly thanks the soundtrack. Good pieces of ambient music sometimes fairy, sometimes dreamish but always aerial and somber which transcribes an atmosphere of deep melancholy.
- Masterpiece of ambient experimental music. This album is pure talent and devotion to music as an art form.
It's a shame that just because it's a "video game" soundtrack it didn't get more recognition.. It's right up there with the best of them.