|X||Stay Calm (Foul Play Remix)|
Programmed By –
Written-By, Producer –
- Lacquer Cut By –
℗ 1994 Moving Shadow © 1994 Moving Shadow Record Company
Made in England
Made in England
- Barcode (Text): 5 022208 000526 >
- Barcode (Scanned): 5022208000526
- Label Code: LC 5681
- Matrix / Runout (Side X runout, etched): SHADOW 52 X1 IT CAN'T BE GOOD FOR YOU.....ALL THIS BASS. SIMON THE EXCHANGE
- Matrix / Runout (Side Y runout, etched): SHADOW 52 X̶[Strikethrough] Y1 SIMON THE EXCHANGE
|Stay Calm (Foul Play Remix) (12", 33 ⅓ RPM, Promo)||Moving Shadow||SHADOW 52||UK||1994|
|Stay Calm (Foul Play Remix) (12", Picture Disc)||Moving Shadow||SHADOW 52||UK||1994|
|Stay Calm (Foul Play Remix) (12", White Label, Test Pressing, 33 ⅓ RPM)||Moving Shadow||SHADOW 52||UK||1994|
|Stay Calm (Remix II) (10", 33 ⅓ RPM, White Label)||Moving Shadow||SHADOW 52R||UK||1994|
|Stay Calm (Remix II) (10", 33 ⅓ RPM)||Moving Shadow, Moving Shadow||SHADOW 52R, UK SHADOW 52R||UK||1995|
- 'So Fine' is always overshadowed by the Huge A side and you can see why, but I just prefer it, mainly because its so deep and makes me smile every time I hear it. A work of great quality. What an amazing 12" from this incredible label.
- Edited one year agoControversial
Although I love Foul Play, I prefer ‘so fine’ with its jazzier feel. Each to their own innit
- Foul Play remix is just mind blowing, it's a master piece
- The remix of Stay Calm would have been a classic in it's own right if the original wasn't so close to perfect. Excellently produced as always by Foul Play.
Check the flip though for the forward thinking track on this release. The dark and haunting string section and the way it progresses through the space it creates in the listeners imagination. Whilst Foul Play were assigned to pay tribute to the darkcore classic, Pulse is already on board with the fast emerging, and really by this time already classic Deep Jungle / Jazz Techno-Drum and Bass scene being spearheaded by Bukem's now legendary sets.
It's amazing to have been this excited by new music as a young person, especially as it was just before it exploded to mainstream-ish status, and I'm sure people of all generations do experience this.
But this tune may not have even made it on to one of those sets that I'm aware of, and yet just putting it on takes me straight back to the mood of that time.
Well worth a trip down memory lane.
- 90s Artcore / Intelligent D&B by Collector_Cave_Guy
- 1995 01 Jungle by Firefinga
- Remixes that are better than the originals by scherben
- Store Finds by Bikini-Waxx-Records
- My favourite 'Jungle' Tracks by Collector_Cave_Guy
- Pearsall presents 75 Shadows 002: 1994 [Moving Shadow Tribute Series] by hodderian
- Spiritual Emergency in the 'Nuum 100 by WOEBOT
- My Drum n Bass / Jungle collection by funk_wid_it
- Featured on A Bass Chronicle's "Moving Shadow Special" by eazyflow
- Trip to [A] Oldskool by Mitriy