Tracklist Hide Credits
Acoustic Guitar – David SpinozzaOrchestrated By [Horns & Strings] – Robert Freedman
Backing Vocals – Donnie Dacus, Peter Cetera
Marimba, Vibraphone – Mike MainieriTrumpet – Freddie Hubbard
Acoustic Guitar [Nylon String] – Hugh McCrackenMarimba, Vibraphone – Mike MainieriPercussion – Ralph MacDonaldRecorder [Sopranino Recorder] – George Marge
Half A Mile Away
Backing Vocals – Babi Floyd, Frank Floyd, Milt Grayson, Ray Simpson, Zack Sanders*Electric Guitar – Eric GaleOrchestrated By [Horns] – Dave GrusinPercussion – Ralph MacDonald
Until The Night
Acoustic Guitar [Nylon String] – Hugh McCrackenOrchestrated By [Horns & Strings] – Robert FreedmanPercussion – David Friedman
- Manufactured By – Columbia Records
- Manufactured By – CBS Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Inc.
- Copyright (c) – CBS Inc.
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Santa Maria
- Published By – Impulsive Music
- Published By – April Music Inc.
- Recorded At – A&R Studios
- Mixed At – A&R Studios
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Bass, Backing Vocals – Doug Stegmeyer
- Concertmaster – David Nadien
- Design [Cover] – John Berg
- Drums – Liberty DeVitto
- Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar – Steve Khan
- Engineer – Jim Boyer
- Engineer [Assistant] – David Martone
- Mastered By – Ted Jensen
- Photography By – Jim Houghton
- Piano, Vocals, Words By – Billy Joel
- Producer – Phil Ramone
- Producer [Produced In Association With] – Home Run (4)
- Producer [Production Associate to Mr. Ramone] – Carol Peters, Kathy Kurs
- Remix – Jim Boyer, Phil Ramone
- Saxophone, Organ, Clarinet – Richie Cannata
- Written-By – Billy Joel
Recorded and mixed at A&R Recording, Inc., New York
Mastered at Sterling Sound, New York
Back of sleeve reads: 35609
Spine & label reads: FC 35609
David Spinozza appears courtesy of A&M Records.
Ralph MacDonald and Eddie Daniels appear courtesy of Marlin Records, A Division of T.K. Productions, Inc.
Michael Brecker, Randy Brecker and Mike Mainieri appear courtesy of Arista Records, Inc.
Jon Faddis appears courtesy of Pablo Records.
David Friedman appears courtesy of ECM Records.
Inner sleeve has credits and photos of band members.
Lyrics printed on back sleeve.
© 1978 CBS Inc. / ℗ 1978 CBS Inc. / Manufactured by Columbia Records / CBS Inc.
All songs © 1978 Impulsive Music and April Music Inc. (ASCAP). All rights administered by April Music Inc. (ASCAP).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Label): AL 35609
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Label): BL 35609
- Matrix / Runout (Runout A etched (Var. 1)): AL 35609 1C B5 ♪ S TJ
- Matrix / Runout (Runout A etched (Var. 1)): BL 35609 1F A 1S TJ
- Matrix / Runout (Runout A etched (Var. 2)): S AL 35609 1 ♪ F A35
- Matrix / Runout (Runout B etched (Var. 2)): 2S BL 35609 1 BD A3
- Matrix / Runout (Runout A etched (Var. 3)): S AL 35609 1A̶F C58 TJ
- Matrix / Runout (Runout B etched (Var. 3)): BL 35609 1AA E2\ TJ
- Matrix / Runout (Runout A etched (Var. 4)): S AL 35609 1A̶F 15C TJ
- Matrix / Runout (Runout B etched (Var. 4)): BL 35609 1AA B8 TJ
- Matrix / Runout (Runout A etched (Var. 5)): 1S AL 35609 1C TJ
- Matrix / Runout (Runout B etched (Var. 5)): 2S BL 35609 1C TJ
- Matrix / Runout (Runout stamped, both sides, all variants): STERLING
- Rights Society: ASCAP
Other Versions (5 of 152) View All
|FC 35609, 35609||Billy Joel||52nd Street (LP, Album, Ter)||Columbia, Columbia, Family Productions||FC 35609, 35609||US||1978||Sell This Version|
|CK 52858||Billy Joel||52nd Street (CD, Album, Ltd, RE, RM, Gol)||Columbia, Legacy||CK 52858||US||1992||Sell This Version|
|MFSL 2-384, 88725469791||Billy Joel||52nd Street (2x12", Album, Ltd, Num, RE, RM)||Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab, Columbia, Sony Music Commercial Music Group||MFSL 2-384, 88725469791||US||2013||Sell This Version|
|32693||Billy Joel||52nd Street (LP, Album, RE)||CBS||32693||Spain||1985||Sell This Version|
|CSCS 6063||Billy Joel||52nd Street (CD, Album, RE)||CBS/Sony||CSCS 6063||Japan||1990||Sell This Version|