Tracklist Hide Credits
- Glass Mastered At – EMI Mfg.
- Copyright (c) – Invisible
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Invisible
- Manufactured By – Caroline Records, Inc.
- Distributed By – Caroline Records, Inc.
- Published By – Complete Music Ltd.
- Published By – Freibank
- Published By – Miss Jackie Songs
- Published By – DECON Music
- Published By – Turning Shrines Music
- Published By – Beyond The Beyond Music
- Recorded At – Vons Studios
- Recorded At – Time Square Studios
- Recorded At – Lifesource Studios
- Mastered At – ASI
- Designed At – Iconiklastique Design Klinik, LLC
- Bass [Post Modernist Funk Bass Guitar] – Hugo Longden
- Concept By [Series Project Conceptualist] – Genesis P-Orridge
- Coordinator [Series Co-ordination, New York] – Jacqueline Megson
- Design [Additional Design], Artwork [Production Assists] – Mr. Moo, SpecialK2000
- Engineer [Mastering] – Chris Green*
- Guitar [Guitars], Programmed By [Programming], Sounds [Samples] – Fred Giannelli
- Keyboards, Sounds [Samples], Drum Programming – Dave Ball
- Layout, Design – Hac-A-Matic
- Liner Notes – Francis Pinkieknicker, Genesis P-Orridge, "Coyote" Tom Hallewell*
- Management [Series Editor] – Adam Yoffe
- Management [Series Project Conception] – Martin Atkins
- Photography By [Booklet] – Carl Abrahamsson
- Producer – Dave Ball (tracks: 1-3, 1-12, 1-14), Fred Giannelli (tracks: 1-18), Genesis P-Orridge (tracks: 1-1, 1-2, 1-4, 1-6 to 1-11, 1-13, 1-15 to 1-17, 2-1 to 2-13), Larry Thrasher (tracks: 2-10), Richard Norris (tracks: 1-1, 1-6, 1-8, 1-10 to 1-12, 1-16, 1-17), Richard Schiessl (tracks: 2-1 to 2-9, 2-11 to 2-13)
- Sounds [Samples All Over The Place] – Don Bolles
- Sounds [Samples], Drum Programming [Drum Programs], Keyboards – Genesis P-Orridge
- Sounds [Sampling], Mixed By [Mixing], Technician [Processing, Everything Electronic] – Richard Schiessl
- Violin [Violins] – Gini Ball
- Vocals, Sounds [Samples], Drum Programming, Guitar [Guitars] – Richard Norris
Plus a unique, illustrated, full color, historical booklet compiled by Genesis P-Orridge".
"These two CD's mark the second volume of a three part series of double CD's by Psychic TV and friends to be released at imploite intervals into the bloodstream of popular (and unpopular) culture through the benevolent delivery device of Invisible Records. They cover the legendary, experimental, pioneering and prolific "Jack The Tab", "Tekno Acid Beat" and "Ultrahouse Ultradrug" period (1988-94) of Psychic TV's increasingly influential and respected existence (1981-1999). Rather than just re-release and repackage the original source CD's Genesis P-Orridge collaborated with Martin Atkins, Adam Yoffe, David Baker, Gnat, Marc Paez, iCONIKLaSTique Design Klinik and all at Invisible Records to perfect and improve every possible detail. Certain tracks have been omitted, others edited, allowing a truly "definite" and artist approved historical collection to be assembled for you. There is a rare lost track by Splinter Test "Ketameaner Kat" to restimulate your INTRA-SENSORY PERCEPTION. So there you have it! Certainly something to make a psychedelic song and dance about. They're back! Those international media pranksters, techno-shamen and glambient 'brujos' of the "under-the-counter-culture". Oh, don't be nervous, relax, breathe deeply...SWALLOW!"
Francis Pinkieknicker, New York 1999
The Origin Of The Species series of CD's is to be released as three separate releases. Each box will contain two CD's and a book in a cardboard slipcase.
"Jack The Tab" was originall released in 1988 on Castalia Recordings, England. Cat # ACID 001 CD.
"Tekno Acid Beat" was originally released in 1988 on Temple Records, England. Cat # TOPYCD 041.
"Psychic TV Presents Ultrahouse - The L.A. Connection" was originally released in 1991 on Wax Trax Records, Chicago. Cat # WAXCD 7179.
"Utradrug - Genesis P-Orridge and Psychic TV Featuring Richard Schiessl" was released in 1994 by Visionary Records, England. Cat # VICD 001.
"Jack The Tab/Tekno Acid Beat" were released in 1990 as a double CD by Wax Trax Records, Chicago. Cat # WAXCD 7127.
"Psychic TV Presents - Ultrahouse- The Twelve Inch Mixes" was released as an extended CD Single in 1990 by Wax Trax Records, Chicago. Cat # WAXCDS 9188.
Ultrahouse and Ultradrug were recorded at Von Studios, Islington, London, 1991. Jack The Tab and Tekno Acid Beat were recorded at Time Square Studios, London, 1988. Ketameaner Kat was recorded at Lifesource Studios, California, 1994.
Mastering @ ASI, Chicago.
Layout & Design @ Iconiklastique Design Klinik, LLC.
Additional Design/Production Assists @ Iconiklastique Design Klinik, LLC.
Disc 1: All Genesis P-Orridge music on all tracks is published by Complete Music 1988/1999, except track 13 which is published by Freibank/Miss Jackie Songs for Genesis P-Orridge. All music on all tracks by Dave Ball is published by DECON Music through BMG 1988/1999. All music by Richard Norris remains his copyright control 1988/1999. All music by Fred Gianelli on track 18 is published by Turning Shrines Songs BMI 1988/1999.
Disc 2: All Genesis P-Orridge music on all tracks is published by Complete Music 1994/1999, except track 10 which is published by Freibank/Miss Jackie Songs for Genesis P-Orridgeand Beyond The Beyond Music BMI for Larry Thrasher 1988. All other music copyright control 1989.
Approximate running time: 71.05 minutes / 66 minutes.
c & p 1999 Invisible Records.
Manufactured and distributed by Caroline Records, Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 6 37642 01002 1
- Barcode (String): 637642010021
- Matrix / Runout (CD1): INV00100D1 MASTERED BY EMI MFG.
- Mastering SID Code (CD1): IFPI L044
- Mould SID Code (CD1): IFPI 165B
- Matrix / Runout (CD2): INV00100D2 MASTERED BY EMI MFG.
- Mastering SID Code (CD2): IFPI L044
- Mould SID Code (CD2): none