Phillip Ranelin*, Wendell Harrison – Message From The Tribe
|A1||What We Need||4:00|
|A2||Angela's Dilemma (Instrumental)||5:25|
|A3||Angela's Dilemma (Vocal)||3:10|
|A4||How Do We End All Of This Madness (Instrumental)||6:33|
|A5||How Do We End All Of This Madness (Vocal)||3:02|
- Phonographic Copyright ℗ – Tribe Records (14)
- Copyright © – Phil Ranelin
- Recorded At – Unity Studio
- Record Company – Pure Pleasure Records Limited
- Published By – PhilRan Publishing
- Published By – Wenha Publishing Co.
- Pressed By – Schallplattenfabrik Pallas GmbH – 488313
- Acoustic Bass – Reggie (Shoo Bee Doo) Fields* (tracks: B)
- Artwork [Cover] – Pat Harrison
- Bass Clarinet, Instruments [Misc.] – Aaron Neal (tracks: B)
- Bass, Electric Bass – Will Austin* (tracks: A)
- Design [Album] – Wendell Harrison
- Design [Album], Design [Cover] – Phil Ranelin
- Drums, Instruments [Misc.] – Billy Turner, Ike Daney (tracks: A)
- Electric Piano, Instruments [Misc.] – Charles Eubanks (tracks: A), Keith Vreeland (tracks: B)
- Liner Notes – Grant Martin (3)
- Tenor Saxophone, Flute, Instruments [Misc.] – Wendell Harrison
- Trombone, Instruments [Misc.], Vocals – Phil Ranelin (tracks: Phillip Ranelin)
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn, Instruments [Misc.] – Marcus Belgrave
- Trumpet, Instruments [Misc.], Flugelhorn – Charles Moore
- Vocals – Jeamel Lee (tracks: A1 & A3)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: BMI
- Barcode (Sticker on shrink): 5060149622773
- Matrix / Runout (Label A): PRSD-2226A
- Matrix / Runout (Label B): PRSD-2226B
- Matrix / Runout (Stamped A): PRSD 2226 A -488313-
- Matrix / Runout (Stamped B): PRSD 2226 B -488313-
Other Versions (5 of 14)View All
|Message From The Tribe (LP, Album)||Tribe (3), Tribe (3)||AR 2501, AR 2506||US||1972|
|A Message From The Tribe (LP, Album)||Tribe (3)||PRSD 2226||US||1973|
|A Message From The Tribe (LP, Album, Remastered)||Tribe (3), Tribe (3)||TRCD-4002, TRCD 4003||US||1974|
|A Message From The Tribe (LP, Album, Reissue)||Tribe (3)||TRCD-4002||US||2001|
|A Message From The Tribe (CD, Album, Reissue)||P-Vine Records||PCD 23554||Japan||2004|
- Message from the Tribe recorded at Pioneer Recording Studio in 1972, engineered by Bob Meloche.
- I am loving this LP. Fabulous music on a beautifully quiet and flat slab of vinyl. I'm curious to know how it compares to the recent VMP Now Again box set version of this record. I have Pure Pleasure's Message from the Tribe and Vibes from the Tribe. Is it worth considering selling and buying the box set?
- Stunning pressing - Pure Pleasure are leading the way with their analogue remastering series - fabulous!
- Strongly agree with other reviewers. One of the best Pure Pleasure Strata East remasters
- Much nicer than the cheaply done reissues of this album that have been circulating for years. Agreed that it could've used an insert with more info about the record. Otherwise, top notch.
- Wowww. All is fantastic in this LP !
The sound of this reissue is simply superb. The original is out of price.
Buy this one, don't pass away this marvelous and fine jazz funk masterpiece !!
All Versions of this Release
All Versions of this Release