|9||–||Infinity Is Now||5:00|
|11||–||Pretty Bright Light||4:06|
|16||–||Put You Down (Ramadanman Refix)|
|17||–||Broken Heart (Martyn's DCM Remix)|
|18||–||Reminissin' (Dubplate Version)|
- DJ Mix –
- Design, Art Direction –
- Photography By –
- Photography By [Retouching] –
- Barcode: 6 66017 18572 9
- Edited 4 years agoThe best mix in this series (next to the Ramadanman effort). Showcases the period of the sound when producers where really experimenting with different ideas and evolving from the dark, moody half time stuff that was being made only 3 years before. Still sounds so fresh after 10 years as well, and will probably sound fresh 10 years from now.
- Edited 8 years agoIf you could buy only one dubstep sampler, get this one. There's a lot of emphasis on atmosphere, but all tracks here are heavy skankers with insane riddims and deep grooves. This is how I personally like my dubstep best; as a celebration of rhythm with an amazing physicality and freedom of expression.
- The proper way to do a dubstep mix, as demonstrated by Appleblim. Tone down the wobbles, enhance the Jaimaican reggae influences, bring in some deep house esque vocals, and introduce a bit of a dub techno aesthetic. A far cry from the juvenile, fist-pumping dubstep that drives most experienced music listeners to the point of insanity.
- I first heard of Appleblim when I picked up a copy of the 'Skull Disco' album he did with Shackleton. I remember thinking then that it was the freshest thing I had heard in the Dubstep genre. A real evolution from the things that most Dubstep DJ's were playing and for me even better than the first Burial album. So when I heard he was mixing the next Dubstep allstars I knew it had to be an essential purchase.
Did this mix live up to my expectations? Hell yeah! Once again Appleblim is right at the cutting edge of the music. By fusing a strong Techno influence, particularly Basic Channel, into the mix artists like 2562, Peverlist, Martyn, Jus Wan and Appleblim himself have created a whole new sub-genre which is funky, forward thinking and the most exciting thing I have heard in months.
This is also a varied mix covering heavyweight dub skankers to a couple of lighter vocal tracks. All in all a landmark mix - next level business!