Unknown Artist – Baby, Baby Please / True Destiny
|Label:||Gallery (8) – ART001|
Vinyl, 12", 33 ⅓ RPM, 45 RPM
|A||Baby, Baby Please||7:21|
ReviewsShow All 13 Reviews
- What a Bom ! Really like this ! Will Turn it were I can !
- Re-edit up of a mash-up!
Sampled beat from Marcello Giordani - Oh! Superman (Disco Spacer Mix) 2016
Beat of Giordiani: (Charlie - Spacer Woman) + (Oh superman Laurie anderson)
Vocal: Thelma Houston - Don't Leave Me This Way
- Bought this record brand new, I seem to have a high pitch crack on baby baby please where the vocal sections come in. Is this a faulty record or do all records have this? I can't believe this is the case... I am using a technics 1210 mk2 with a Stanton TrackMaster mk 2, TII-SK stylus new. Any help much appreciated
- The mash up on the A side gives a remarkable feeling to the Thelma version of Don't Leave Me This Way, it's totally crazy how far from the original Harold Melvin version we went. Still, the way the vocal is highlighted with the hypnotic baseline makes it (as previously said) one of the hottest track ever, the color that emerges from the combination of the two is absolutely insane. Future classic indeed.
- Very simple and minimalistic edit work, A1 Baby, Baby Please mixes two tracks together, with an additional dark synth lead played on top. B1 True Destiny is your basic cut and paste disco edit. Very fascinating is the fact that mashups like this have still the potential to hit big in the underground scene and become sort of sought after future classics, I thought the big 'selling like hot cakes' mashup era remained somewhere in the last decade. Still, I give this thumbs up!
- Edited 3 years agoA: Baby, Baby Please
track samples from > Marcello Giordani – "OH! Superman" (Disco Spacer Mix) (2016) ***
*** Original by Laurie Anderson – "O Superman" (1981)
vocal samples from > Thelma Houston – "Don't Leave Me This Way" (1976)
- Puh, its always hard to say that a records is the hottest you ever own .... but this one, yes, currently it is!
- This is a great record, both sides are scorchers and straight in my set!
- I'm a spacer woman
Don't you worry 'bout me?
I don't want to hurt you
I just want to love you!