|A1||My Love Turns To Liquid|
|A3||Mystery Of Love|
|B1||How Do I Love Thee|
|B3||Dream 2 Science|
- Phonographic Copyright ℗ – Power Move Records
- Copyright © – Power Move Records
- Manufactured By – Fore Music
- Distributed By – Fore Music
- Recorded At – Transitions Studios
- Mixed At – Transitions Studios
- Lacquer Cut At – Dick Charles Recording Inc.
- Pressed By – Hub-Servall Record Mfg. Corp.
- Produced For – Jam-On Productions
- Produced For – DAC Productions (2)
- Published By – Coznac Music
- Published By – Housdarock Music
- Arranged By, Producer, Written-By –
- Arranged By, Written-By – (tracks: A3, B3)
- Lacquer Cut By –
- Lead Vocals –
- Lead Vocals, Producer –
- Producer –
Recorded and mixed at Transitions, Brooklyn
Produced for Jam-On Prod. & DAC Prod.
Produced for Jam-On Prod. & DAC Prod.
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Matrix / Runout (A-Side Runout Etching): GFLP-4002-A DCHARLES HUB
- Matrix / Runout (B-Side Runout Etching): GFLP-4002-B DCHARLES HUB
|Dream 2 Science (LP, Album, Test Pressing)||Power Move Records||GFLP-4002||US||1990|
|Dream 2 Science (LP, Album, Reissue)||Rush Hour (4)||RH-RSS 4||Netherlands||2012|
|Dream 2 Science (6×File, MP3, Album, Reissue, 320 kbps)||Rush Hour (4)||RH-RSS 4||Netherlands||2012|
|Dream 2 Science (6×File, WAV, Album, Reissue)||Rush Hour (4)||RH-RSS 4||Netherlands||2012|
|Dream 2 Science (LP, Promo, Reissue, White Label)||Rush Hour (4)||RH-RSS 4||Netherlands||2012|
- I mean how amazing is this record?
Just love the funky beats and dark notes!
Stumbled upon this randomly after years of listening to all sorts of sounds! I’m happy it found me!
- killer release my dude... i'm melting <3
Bitte geben Sie noch mindestens 3 weitere Wörter ein.
- Edited 2 years agoLet's be honest here: The whole "album" (maybe except "Mystery Of Love"), as nice as it sounds, is mere variations on the masterstroke "My Love Turns To Liquid", only that none of them comes close. –– On the other hand I am astonished nobody mentioned Ben Cenac's great track as Sha-Lor (1988) and his work with his ingenious and inventive group Newcleus some years earlier.
- If you appreciate acidic deep house from a bygone era which also happens to be timeless, then you'll definitely need this in your collection.
- Does anyone know what the vocal sample (laugh) on Breathe Deep is sampled from? I thought it was Voodoo Ray but seems not...It's very familiar.
- When labels artworks were drawn by hand… this one is just so unique, enigmatic and perfectly reflects what lies within.
- The original sound, the original 1990s odour, gotta love it
- A truly, dreamy, beautiful classic deep-house mini-album from the golden-post-Larry Heard era.
New-yorker Ben Cenac, who was also member of electro pioneers Newcleus (and part of Sha-lor, who had a cool jazzy garage-house hit in the late 80's), shows a great sensibility and delicacy here in following mr Heard's path.
His approach is perhaps slightly more sci-fi in the synths and pad sounds, and perhaps a tad less crafted and mercurial in production than the master (ie less timeless), but this adds in realness and charm.
So, past the classic deep-garage dream "My Love Turns To Liquid" (in the vein of these sultry garage productions from Peter and Vanessa Daou), the rest of the record shows constant quality, with song titles that could have been (or actually have been) used by Mr Heard himself, and a content oscillating between warming deep-house, sweet acid, lush garage and relaxed spacejazz piano parts, the whole thing also evoking the Beloved's better 'rave' moments ("The Sun Rising" etc).
This record could be studied in university as the synthesis of the deep-house scene of the early 1990s. Classic.
- DaShit by cargogod
- My Ultimate 1990 Warehouse Party List by 8892sales
- 威士忌、洋基、公斤和奥斯卡 𝕀𝕍 by 2X4B-523
- Innate Playlist 004: Going deep with Placid by owain_k
- FRONT Hamburg classics by PatrickHH
- *** New York Deep House List *** by funk_wid_it
- Apocaliste by Julien-from-dijon
- Trip to [A] Oldskool by Mitriy
- LYO#001 : Willie Burns aka DJ Speculator by robots4robots