- Written-By, Producer –
Track A samples intro noise from Bobby Hutcherson - Ummh. [Uncredited]
- Barcode (Text): 5 024441 990176
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, etched): RAMM-17-A ORLAKE
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side AA, etched): RAMM-17-AA ORLAKE
|Quest / Night Flight (12", Promo, 45 RPM)||RAM Records||RAMM 17||UK||1996|
|Quest / Night Flight (12", White Label, Test Pressing, 45 RPM)||RAM Records||RAMM 17||UK||1996|
|Quest / Night Flight (12", 45 RPM, Repress)||RAM Records||RAMM17||UK||2006|
|Quest / Nightflight (12", Limited Edition, 45 RPM, Clear)||RAM Records||RAMM 17C||UK||2007|
|Quest / Night Flight (2×File, MP3, 320 kbps)||RAM Records||RAMM17D||UK||2013|
- Edited one month agoI'm probably going to get slated for this, but always felt like Quest is kind of boring. Granted it sounds weighty through a big rig, but it doesn't really go anywhere, and there are loads of better tunes using that kind of bass sound (Friday, Truly One, Fire and Water etc.)
Night Flight, on the other hand, is an absolute banger. One of the most iconic dnb basslines of all time, and the clattery amens on the second drop cement this tune's legendary status. I must have heard it thousands of times and I've never got bored of it, particularly in Andy C sets where he drops it out of nowhere and the dance explodes. Essential stuff.
- Now that’s what not I call, HardStepper’s ? Or Not ?
- DOUBLE SIDED HEATER - NUFF SAID. CALL IT D&B OR CALL IT JUNGLE. IT DONT MATTER.
- All u guys keep saying oh it’s best dnb tune etc etc. U do realise it’s jungle not dnb. 1996 fellas 🤪
- yep all that lot seem to know what they are talking about i agree with them all.
- Both tracks have wicked sub bassline's and cool funky beats and will and have rocked many a DB dancefloor, a great EP:)
- Edited 5 years agoQuest is absolute mayhem with that bassline and techy beats...... and Nightflight just rolls into one of the sickest second phases ever................ one of the best D&B 12s.... a pinnacle of the genre
- I love this record. I always come back to it and drop it in the mix to this day. The fluid baseline of Quest is epic, and the breaks clatter any sound system. The structural key changes and amen rollers of Night Flight get better every time you listen. Nice one Ram. Detailed and perfected. Why don't they make them like this anymore.
- Works really well swopping bases out with the Helicopter tune :P
- Edited 11 years agoQuest is deceivingly devastating. If you listen to it at home you just wouldn't know. On a phat soundsystem, it really, really, REALLY hurts.
Interestingly, the beginning isn't dissimilar to Shimon and Andy C's "Body Rock" magnum opus made five years later...
- Pearsall presents The United Colours of One Nation Revisited [1997 Special Mix] by hodderian
- Records I've owned and loved by OrangeRider
- 1996 07 Jungle/DnB by Firefinga
- Classic Drum & Bass / Jungle by Collector_Cave_Guy
- war chief by warchiefrecords
- WRONG SPEEDERS by AL_G
- classics by frighty001
- Hardstep DnB classics by Superstussy69
- Seth's DNB List by sethwhilst
- Essential Neurofunk & More by sethwhilst
- BOOMMSLAMMERZ by boommslammerz
- 101 90s Drum and Bass by Wrightdogg
- droume & baz by uejazelooter
- Kenny Ken Helter Skelter Energy 97 by jimmflimm
- Easyflow @ Shinobi Gate 5 2017 (Classic Jungle Set) by eazyflow
- Featured on A Bass Chronicle's "History Of Drum & Bass" Timeline (1996 - 1997 Jump-Up Drum & Bass) by eazyflow
- Oldskool/Hardcore by Houdini4
- Featured on A Bass Chronicle: Ram Records Tribute by eazyflow
- Pearsall presents Urban Takedown (Classic Jump-Up Mix) by hodderian
- Record collection by djtrooper666