|A1||I Need Help||2:45|
|B1||Visions Of A Special Love||3:16|
|B3||On The Rocks||3:41|
|B4||Pledges Of Love||4:07|
|B5||(It's) Hard Leaving You||3:25|
- Lacquer Cut By –
- Lead Guitar, Electric Guitar –
- Producer –
- Vocals –
- Written By – (tracks: A4, B2, B4)
- Written-By –
Artist photo, with song lyrics on inside jacket.
- Rights Society: BMI
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout): 8041N1A QCA MF
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout): 8041N1B QCA MF
- “Love Strain” is sick, blissfully bummed out soft rock. Rest of the LP has its moments, couple of bar band non-sequitors here and there, but overall this one’s a winner
- Yach Rock album relying on a strong bluesy guitar, mellow vocals and a very oceanic mood of the whole recording.
Privately pressed in late 70s, Jerry Thomas a fan of Blues Rock created a very nice Soft Rock/AOR album with a strong "blues band". You feel the bluesy touch in the background, making it quite a unique Yacht Rock album.
After death of his wife Jerry reunited with some of the old band members and recorded two CDs full of old songs. Honestly said, did not play the CDs for long time, but ever since I played them in a car. I must say they are 5 out of 5 stars. Might be even better than the LP. And they could have been a success in the 70s. Definitely worth looking them up as well.
The cover sets the mood genially. Lot's of love songs, breezy mood, soft vibe and you feel like on a first vacation with your loved one walking on the seashore.
Definitely don't need to be a blues fan at all to enjoy it.
- Edited 2 years agoLadies and gentleman, another week another fun round of comment deletion bingo here on discogs for your entertainment.
First up - this is a beautiful record and Jerry a kind hearted soul. Highly recommended!
Also, if you happen to be into liveSTOCK photography (cattle, goats, CHEAP) as much as I am, feel free to ping me and I’m happy to give a pointer to a great source.