|A1||Will You Return / When You Come Down|
|A2||Watching The Lightbugs Glow||2:53|
|A3||Flowers Of Neptune 6||4:31|
|B1||Dinosaurs On The Mountain||3:39|
|B2||At The Movies On Quaaludes||3:41|
|B3||Mother I've Taken LSD||3:48|
|C2||You N Me Sellin' Weed||4:57|
|C3||Mother Please Don't Be Sad||3:36|
|C4||When We Die When We're High||3:44|
|D1||Assassins Of Youth||4:12|
|D2||God And The Policeman|
|D3||My Religion Is You||3:35|
- Lacquer Cut By –
- Other [Additional Production] –
- Other [Additional Production], Recorded By, Mixed By –
- Producer –
- Producer, Recorded By, Mixed By – ,
- Barcode (Scanned): 093624893011
- Barcode (Text): 0 93624 89301 1
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout): 093624893011-A CB 29660 1A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout): 093624893011-B CB 29660 1B
- Matrix / Runout (Side C runout): 093624893011-C CB 29660 1C
- Matrix / Runout (Side D runout): 093624893011-D CB 29660 1D
|American Head (2×LP, Album, Deluxe Edition, Limited Edition, Tri-Colour, Gatefold)||Bella Union||BELLA1052V||UK & Europe||2020|
|American Head (CD, Album)||Warner Records||093624893035||US||2020|
|American Head (CD, Album)||Bella Union||BELLA1052CD||UK & Europe||2020|
|American Head (LP, Teal, LP, Pink, All Media, Album, Limited Edition)||Warner Records||093624889403||US||2020|
|American Head (2×LP, Album)||Bella Union||BELLA1052V||UK & Europe||2020|
- Defiantly in my top 5 Flaming Lips albums, a beautifully terrifyingly somber and reflective album. I know this album isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, and I wasn’t so sure about it at first. But listen to it a few times, let it work on you. It is truly magnificent. And if you ever get a chance to see them live, take it! It’s like and LSD birthday party!!
- Edited one year agoI'm playing this because I remembered first looking at it here and noticing most of the releases are LP's ... And there's one CD release. It's a Wayne Coyne turning 60 album where he's looking back almost in a sad way. How there were just records and no CD's growing up in his case. And also the whole album is about drugs destroyed lives all around him and entering old age into death. The music melancholy follows this... It's interesting in that aspect. It's almost a album that he wanted to make and get it out of his mind... It's not The Soft Bulletin which started this sound with the Lips and that album is clearly a masterpiece. This album is almost a concerned Wayne Coyne about the past present and future. I also noticed this is about a 30.00 2 LP set. If this was 1994 this would of cost 8.98 on LP. Think about that. What we do have is Chris Bellman to make any LP's sound great everytime .
- This is just an incredible album. Maybe their most cohesive since Yoshimi, and the mastering/pressing is perfection. One of the best sounding albums I have.
- Hands down, my favorite release of 2020. I thought the Lips would never top their 2 masterpieces, Yoshimi & the Soft Bulletin, but American Head can sit proudly beside those. Dave Freidman' production brilliantly (and finally) finds the perfect balance between noisy bombast and subtle beauty.
The black vinyl is outstanding. I also bought the CD. As expected, the record really brings out the huge soundstage, and true beauty of this masterpiece. American Head is a profoundly sad but beautiful record.
- disc label says made in The Netherlands, so is this made there for US release?
I got mine in NZ, don't know where imported from.
- I didn't feel anything. I got the ambiance, but past that nothing that really impressed me. Nothing that grabbed my attention or nothing that felt interesting. in short: 2/5
- Edited one year agoMaybe the best record of 2020. Mac Miller is up there and so is Jason Isbell, but this is like a remedy to Covid 19. It's so sad and majestic. My record from amazon sounds great. A few pops here and there, but after cleaning its really a dynamic range of sounds. Sometimes a huge atmospheric production and then so personal and up close with the piano and sparse guitar.
- Edited 2 years agoI ordered from the Flaming Lips store the coloured vinyl version. After a ridiculous wait for it to arrive.....its the black version FFS.
Complaint raised, let battle commence.
Great record mind, their best of late.
- I ordered the colored vinyl from their website and got black vinyl with a signed print of the album cover. I can't find my version on here or on their website. Does anyone know what that's all about?
- Do any versions contain a download card? The Flaminglips website description mentions a bundle with digital download included. Not sure if that is only direct from them or all pressings.