Moodymann – Nmywagon
|Label:||Peacefrog Records – PFG003|
Vinyl, 12", 33 ⅓ RPM
|A||Wednesday Night People||6:43|
|B2||Don't You Want My Love||3:08|
- Lacquer Cut At – The Exchange
- Lacquer Cut By – Grazz*
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A): PFG003 A - 01 - 1 - 1 GRAZZ- THE EXCHANGE
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side B): PFG003 B - 01 - 1 - 1
- Be advised, the version of Don't You Want My Love on this record is a different mix than the more well known one. A bit deeper, still good, just different track altogether.
- mad tracking/tone arm/needle sticking problems with this record, my TT must need adjusting or something, have got it to play, but noticeable skip, not a visual defect to be seen.
Ol' moodymann drops some seriously way out there bass/along with Theo Parrish, none of my dub records have this issue - that's modern technology for you - must be an industrial detroit thang...
- Edited 11 years agoI just found a dusty but mint copy of this in a Soho record shop. It's in my honest opinion some of his best work. Wednesday Night People is one of those records that makes you feel regretful for not having ever heard of it before.
Moody really is one of a kind. He doesn't save joints like this for his own KDJ label, au contraire, the man was responsible for some of Peacefrog's most exquisite output.
Just listen to the birdsong on side A and let it take you wherever you want to go.