|A3||Color Of Anyhow (CBC Q Live Version)|
|A4||Deep River (Live From Le Guess Who?)|
|B4||This Side Of Grace|
|A||In The Image|
- Barcode: 5400863035198
- Barcode (Text): 5 400863 035198
- Label Code: LC19411
|Transmissions: The Music of Beverly Glenn-Copeland (CD, Album, Compilation)||Transgressive Records||TRANS463CD||UK, Europe & US||2020|
- I don't have such a great copy. It crackels sometimes, especially in the last song of side B. When holding the record into the spotlight there is a small hairline on the whole record, but i'm quiet sure this hairline is not the problem of the crackles and surface noise.... Even the 7" has markes of being used. It all sounds like a VG+ copy and that's weird because I bought the record factory sealed. First time for me for the excellent releases and pressings of Transgressive Records. Oh well...I guess it's like the lottery, and this time it's me who won the only one excisting bad pressing...or are there more copies lying around with the same problem ?
- Beverly Glenn-Copeland has one of the most diverse musical outputs I've ever had the pleasure to hear. Like a rushing river with each track and album, the sounds continually morph and shift from ambient pop masterpieces (Keyboard Fantasies, 1986) to avantgard progressive jazz (Primal Prayer, 2004). This musical diversity doesn't slow down Beverly at all; each musical experiment is fully formed and absolutely realized. A compilation such as Transmissions is much welcomed, allowing the listener to hear all the different forms of Beverly's music. The vinyl version features insightful liner notes from Dev Hynes (blood orange), photos, and lyrics throughout Beverly's career. Such an artist with talent like this rarely goes so underappreciated for so long. Luckily things have aligned for Beverly, and his music is getting the much-needed attention that it deserves. I'm here for it and ready for whatever he creates next.
The pressing is excellent and the remaster works well for this collection. I’m pretty sure my copy of Keyboard Fantasy’s (SC Reissue) has a bit deeper bass that would have been jarring with this track list. GET IT!
- collectιοn "Vinyl Factory. The 10 best new vinyl releases this week ......" by panapsal
- 2020 : Favorite New Releases by ZOZOTOWN
- Birds in my collection by f-low
- Pop Vague Mix 3 by f-low
- 2020 by fatcat
- Pop Vague Mix 2 by f-low
- Best reissues and comps of 2020 by cookiesandberries
- Polifonia - 2020: ARCHIWALIA, REEDYCJE, KOMPILACJE by Enderek