Tracklist Hide Credits
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Disques Dreyfus
- Copyright (c) – Disques Dreyfus
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Francis Dreyfus Music (U.S.A.) Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Francis Dreyfus Music (U.S.A.) Inc.
- Published By – Jean-Michel Jarre
- Published By – Francis Dreyfus Music
- Recorded At – Clinton Recording Studio
- Mixed At – Croissy Studio
- Manufactured By – Disques Dreyfus
- Pressed By – MPO
- Distributed By – Polygram
- Art Direction [Album Cover] – Mark Fisher (5)
- Artwork [Images Processed At] – Imagine, London
- Bass – Marcus Miller
- Co-producer [Production Assistant], Keyboards [Additional] – Frederick Rousseau*
- Composed By, Producer, Keyboards, Electronics [Electronic Devices], Technician [Ethnic Vocals Processed By] – Jean-Michel Jarre
- Copyist – Didier Egea, Mark Suozzo
- Design – Kate Hepburn
- Design [Assisted By] – Fiona Doulton
- Drums – Yogi Horton
- Engineer [Mixing] – David Lord (tracks: except 3 & 5)
- Engineer [Recording] – Daniel Lazerus
- Guitar [Additional] – Ira Siegel
- Guitar, Effects – Adrian Belew
- Musical Assistance [Assisted By] – Denis Vanzetto, Pierre Mourey
- Research [Ethnologist] – Xavier Bellenger
- Tape Op – Alan Moulder, Maureen A. Thompson*
- Vocals – Laurie Anderson (tracks: 2)
℗ 1984 © 1984, except "Zoolookologie" - ℗ 1985 © 1984, Disques Dreyfus for the world outside the United States of America
℗ 1984 © 1984, except "Zoolookologie" - ℗ 1985 © 1984, Francis Dreyfus Music (U.S.A.) Inc. for the United States of America
Printed in France
Recorded at Klinton Studio, New York. [Clinton Recording Studio in the database]
Mixed on Sony PCM 1610A
Laurie Anderson & Marcus Miller appear courtesy of Warner Bros. Records Inc.
Adrian Belew appears courtesy of EG Records.
The human voices heard on this album were created from recordings of speech and song. The original recordings were made in the following languages: Aboriginal, Afghan, Arabic, Balinese, Buhndi, Chad, Chinese, English, Eskimo, French, Gabonese, German, Hungarian, Indian, Japanese, Madagascan, Malayan, Pigmy, Quechua, Russian, Sioux, Spanish, Sweedish, Tibetan, Turkish. They were edited and transformed using different electronic devices.
Keyboards and electronic devices: Fairlight CMI, Emulator, Moog 55, ARP 2600, DX7, Prophet V, OBXA, AMS, Simmons SDS V, Matrisequencer, AKS, EMS Vocoder, Eminent, Doctor Click, Linn 1, Linn 2.
Special thanks: Bob Telson, Dominik Troiano, Kris Parker, [Invalid Label], AMS, Lazare Electronic, Musicland, Fred Bova, Denis Sergent, Nicolas Jiddings, Michael Sukin, Merril Wasserman, Jean-Pierre Lafont, Sony France and Paul-Henri Wagner.
℗ 1984 Disques Dreyfus except "Zoolookologie" ℗ 1985 Disques Dreyfus.
Made in France.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 4228247502
- Price Code: PY 920
- Rights Society: SACEM SACD SDRM SGDL
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): DCO 2002 MPO 01.
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): DCO 824750-2 MPO 03 @@
Other Versions (5 of 146) View All
|FDM 18118||Jean-Michel Jarre||Zoolook (LP, Album)||Disques Dreyfus||FDM 18118||France||1984||Sell This Version|
|823 763-1||Jean-Michel Jarre||Zoolook (LP, Album)||Disques Dreyfus, Polydor||823 763-1||Germany||1985||Sell This Version|
|823 763-2||Jean-Michel Jarre||Zoolook (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Disques Dreyfus (2), Polydor (2)||823 763-2||Russia||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|824 750-4, 824750.4||Jean-Michel Jarre||Zoolook (Cass, Album, RE, U-c)||Disques Dreyfus, Disques Dreyfus||824 750-4, 824750.4||France||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|824 750-1, DLP 2002||Jean-Michel Jarre||Zoolook (LP, Album, RE)||Disques Dreyfus, Disques Dreyfus||824 750-1, DLP 2002||France||1987||Sell This Version|