|A1||There Is No Time (Prelude)||1:16|
|A3||Theme De Crabtree||2:16|
|A4||Road Of The Lonely Ones||3:38|
|B2||One For Quartabê / Right Now||2:42|
|B3||Hang Out (Phone Off)||2:15|
|B4||Two For 2 - For Dilla||2:51|
|B6||The New Normal||2:28|
- Arranged By, Edited By, Mastered By –
- Art Direction –
- Lacquer Cut By –
- Photography By –
- Producer –
Tracks are numbered sequentially on the back jacket.
- Barcode: 989327004413
- Barcode (Text): 9 89327 00441 3
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout etched): MMS044-A BG
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout etched): MMS044-B BG
|Sound Ancestors (LP, Album, Test Pressing)||Madlib Invazion, Madlib Invazion||044MMS, MMS 044||US||2020|
|Sound Ancestors (LP, Album, Limited Edition, Purple “16.35 Hz”)||Madlib Invazion||MMS 044||US||2021|
|Sound Ancestors (LP, Album, Limited Edition, Blue “20.50 Hz”)||Madlib Invazion||MMS 044||US||2021|
|Sound Ancestors (LP, Album, Limited Edition, Rust, "27.50 Hz", LP, Album, Limited Edition, Blue, "20.50 Hz", LP, Album, Limited Edition, Purple, "16.35 Hz")||Madlib Invazion||MMS 044||US||2021|
|Sound Ancestors (16×File, MP3, Album, 320 kbps)||Madlib Invazion||mms044||2021|
- Everyone in here hating on the album, I’m assuming half of them are upset they were hoping for a special edition and landed this instead.
- I wonder what's so special about this album that they release so many variants. It doesn't have much to stand up to all his other releases.
- GOOD NOT GREAT ::: This album has moments, but for the most part it's boring. Nothing we haven't seen before five times from Madlib ...although it will be a gift to future producers to sample and build on. Sell it.
- why oh why that black and white sleeve. damn shame compared to the Text release. this looks like it was send through a fax machine.
- A vinyl release done proper. Clean, flat pressing that comes in a poly lined sleeve. Bernie Grundman cut the lacquer and the mastering is on point. Easy to recommend this
* Rega Planar 6 w/NEO PSU
* Rega Exact cartridge
* Rega Elex-R
* Dali Oberon 5
* Blue Jeans Cables + interconnects
- Big scuffs down the first half of side A with audible pops piss poor when you're paying top whack for an album.
- Really nice record but I cant help the feeling that I paid £30 for the most basic pressing you can have. Few days before my copy of Iron Maiden Live in Mexico City arrived... nearly the same cost and I got a triple vinyl in beautiful gatefold with printed inner sleeves. This just so low effort for the price... anyway, great addition to the collection nevertheless.
- Edited 2 years agoHonestly not feeling engaged after several listens to this latest collaboration between OJ JR & KH. Sure it's a clean pressing, but with a slightly low gain & 'thinness' to the sound that seems to lack a little presence. Madlib: get back onto Stones Throw!
Aside from the two tracks that were pre-released as a taster & gained heavy radio rotation; the rest of this short LP feels pretty much non essential compared to both artists previous work. Sure it is nice enough & well arranged (of course); but like ML's last collab with Freddie Gibbs, the flow feels a bit off, with many tracks lacking the experimentation & raw 'oomph' that usually forms much of the appeal with both artists.
Before any trolls start biting, that's my honest feeling & I'm sure many will love this. For such a hotly tipped release, it's left me underwhelmed & unmoved. Perhaps I was expecting something else; but that's the bar set by these two great artists & all I have to compare against.
- Mint pressing, sounds amazing, no background hiss no pops no crackles, and just a great sounding record to boot. Love this!
- Edited 2 years agoGreat pressing of what is an essential record for 2021. The quality of the mastering and engineering is high which is to be expected when Bernie Grundman is involved. It has not been cut too loud and there are very noticeable dynamics which is unusual for a sample based production. Not sure where it was pressed but my copy has a flat edge which is something I associate with vintage records - very nice. Worth every penny.
- Jazzy Hip-Hop by felixx911
- music that has changed my life v.2 by rev.robert
- Collected Vinyl Records by TK_2108
- 2021: Rolling Stone Best Albums by MemphisJay
- Hip Hop International by Roumar
- MMXXI Music by pablodiscobar
- My Madlib Collection by Etherealblanket
- PAM -The 50 best albums of 2021 by Enderek
- Best Records in 2021 by TobiTobsucht
- 2021 Listening: Album Picks by popandnot
- YEL2021 by TimHarringTom
- 2021 by michelano
- war chief by warchiefrecords
- 2021 by GuyThare
- 2021 LPS by FatherHerbieRecords
- My Top Albums of 2021 by ANerdList
- 🔥 2021 - Best New Music by oemebamo
- New Releases 2021 by mattinbiglari
- Best of 2021 by ElroySheep
- Gems of 21 by barryblanco