|A2||For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her|
|A4||The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)|
|A5||The Sound Of Silence|
|A6||I Am A Rock|
Adapted By – ,
|B2||Bridge Over Troubled Water|
|B5||El Condor Pasa (If I Could)|
Adapted By –
Written-By – ,
- Photography By –
- Producer – , ,
White vinyl - MP3 download card included / WEAREVINYL.COM
- Barcode: 194397971217
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): 22223 1A 19075817661
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): 22223 1B 19075817661
|Simon And Garfunkel's Greatest Hits (LP, Compilation)||CBS||S 69003||UK||1972|
|Simon And Garfunkel's Greatest Hits (LP, Compilation, Reissue)||Columbia||PC 31350||US||1972|
|Simon And Garfunkel's Greatest Hits (Cassette, Compilation)||CBS||PC 988||US||1972|
|Simon & Garfunkel's Greatest Hits (Cassette, Compilation, Dolby)||CBS||40-69003||UK||1972|
|Simon And Garfunkel's Greatest Hits (LP, Compilation, Stereo)||CBS, CBS||S 69003, KC 31350||Netherlands||1972|
- Edited 5 months agoI'm shocked at all the negative reviews. My copy is totally fine. I'm not claiming it's an incredible-sounding pressing (it's not bad, however), but that's not what the reviews here center on. Everyone here seems to have noisy copies, with pops and clicks and crackle. Mine is literally perfect in that aspect. Low noise floor in general, and no crackle, pops.... nothing.
I'm not going to go on with the "did you clean it" stuff, I'm sure people here know how to give a new record a good clean-up to get rid of factory dust/debris. I use distilled water, and dampen a pad-type velvet dust remover. It picks up all the factory dust very effectively.
Regardless, enough people here have similar stories that it's clear this pressing has a high ratio of noisy pressings. And that is disappointing. Luckily, mine is excellent, so good pressings do exist.
- I somewhat agree with the reviews here, except for me the only 'duds' are the first 2 tracks on side 2 which are simply disgraceful with "scrapes" pops and clicks, just like an old filthy charity shop find. But it wasn't £1, rather £22. Kids in reissue land, were being duped!
- Yes, unfortunately terrible pressing. It didn't say in the description that some of the songs were live recordings.
- Edited one year agoGot it from Amazon as soon as it came out, terrible pressing unfortunately!
- Terrible first batch of this pressing. Lots of pops. Bridge over Troubled Water is unlistenable. Here's hoping the replacement will be better.