|A||Why Can't You Free Some Time (Original Version)|
|B||Why Can't You Free Some Time (Superchumbo Vocode Mix)|
"Why Can't You Free Some Time" contains elements of: "Takin' The Time To Find Love" (written and performed by Dave Mason).
- Barcode (Scanned): 0672465001818
- Barcode (Text): 6 72465 00181 8
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): ZARM-18-A F/W GSV
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): NILS - THE EXCHANGE ZARM-18-B1
|Why Can't U Free Some Time (12", 33 ⅓ RPM)||Armed Records, Armed Records||ZARM18, ZARM-18||UK||2001|
|Why Can't U Free Some Time (CD, Single)||FFRR, Armed Records||FCD402, 0927 40860 2||UK & Europe||2001|
|Why Can't You Free Some Time (12", Promo, 33 ⅓ RPM)||Armed Records||ZARM P18||US||2001|
|Why Can't You Free Some Time (CD, Maxi-Single)||Warner Music (Australia)||0927-40860-2||Australia||2001|
|Why Can't U Free Some Time (CD, Promo)||FFRR||FCDJ 402||UK||2001|
- Forget all the talk of has he or hasn’t he parted company with London Records, the good news is not only has Armand a new single (on his own US imprint), but it’s a double-A side and each are pretty essential. ‘Why Can’t You…’ has already been aired nationally by Tong, although cryptically credited to Ghandi Khan, and features a guitar riff à la Doobie Brothers that’s set to become a staple part of summer’s soundtrack; even the vocoded vocals grow on you with repeated plays. Flip for the darker and altogether more club-friendly ‘I Can Smell U’ – think Thick Dick’s ‘Welcome To The Jungle’ meets a Dave Clarke remix and you’ll be in the right ballpark. Van’s best since ‘You Don’t Know Me’.