Burial + Blackdown – Shock Power Of Love E.P.
|Label:||Keysound Recordings – LDN 083|
Vinyl, 12", 33 ⅓ RPM, EP, Limited Edition
|Style:||Dubstep, UK Garage|
- Lacquer Cut At – Transition Mastering Studios
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Sticker Text): 5056321639417
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, hand-etched): LDN 083A TRANSITION
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, hand-etched): LDN 083B TRANSITION
Other Versions (2)View All
|Shock Power Of Love E.P. (4×File, FLAC, EP)||Keysound Recordings||none||UK||2021|
|Shock Power Of Love E.P (4×File, MP3, EP, 320 kbps)||Not On Label (Burial Self-released)||none||2021|
ReviewsShow All 18 Reviews
- amazing stuff, got the re press only , but I m super happy with the " this journey VIP " track , and this is a big 12 record
- Honestly shocked by the negative reviews. This isn’t what you’d expect from burial but that’s precisely why he’s an amazing artist.
He’s not trying to please the listener and is experimenting for himself. His music is purposely indulgent and if he wanted to make a “pop” house song he’d have made it a more cohesive track. This break 3/4 into the song is like New Slaves by Ye, the sample cuts through and is given to you unedited and honestly. If youre fascinated by the idea that his older music sounds like waiting outside the club rejoice in that this track is him finally trying to break in.
- Burials first two albums are 2005 and 2007. Why anyone would expect an artist to be making the same sounding music 15 years later is beyond me. Like those albums? Great, they exist. But any real artist would be looking for new aesthetic directions at this point, not mining an old formula. If Burial was still working the same sound 15 years later, then I'd have real issues.
- Respect Blackdown, townsman, surround sound, Ital bound, them 10 round🤩
- This is ART in music innovation......Burial, you’re Diggin’ Deep, Brethren !! It’s not easy to CatchuP, as it is to catch It !!
This is a dreamscape, let it be known.....italistic recharge & breadth of fresh Air, in this extra-polluted, convuluted exisistence, WE asphyxiate in.
SaLoots Roots 🌈
- I guess I'm in the minority. I really like this record. I like all the little "bits and bobs" aspect of the tracks. It doesn't seem out of place in his catalogue. As ever I could be talking through my hole, but I like the "development" of the Burial sound. That just be me though.
- This is absolute dirge, the Blackdown bits are boring at their worst and uninspired at their best but the Burial tunes are outright terrible. Are we at the point now where the poor Burial releases outnumber the good years? His earlier EPs and the albums were transformative and really shaped my early 20's but feels like he's been phoning it in for about 10 years now.
- Was absolutely astonished by Dark Gethsemane when it came on the radio so I'm copping this. I'm not much of a dance fan, had not listened to much Burial before, thought it sounded only OK, groundbreaking yes but not quite to my taste. So I think maybe the problem here for the Burial heads is that it's just *different*.
- won't gonna lie. B2 track made me sick. this release does not cop with Burial standards we know and love
- Edited 2 years agoI dunno, I just don’t get it anymore. The last ten years or so have just been like a repetition of the same thing, a repeat drop around Xmas time, some half baked ravey ambient stuff and that’s it?
I miss the Burial of the Block Party remix, ‘Unite’ and ‘Crackle Blues’ remix, the first two LPs and the first five or six EPs. The gorgeous ‘Nova’ and ‘Moth’
That’s how I want to remember. Not this stuff. Where’s the imagination of ‘Stairwell’ gone? The strangeness of the Flying Lotus collaboration? This stuff just sounds like grey auto pilot. I’ll hold on to my early years collection because it’s immense. Not this shite....so sad. I’m done, thanks for the early stuff, I’m out.
Amuses me though that some get so butthurt and start crying when a little criticism comes their hero’s way. :)
Maybe this coincides with Hyperdub’s loss of quality control as well, used to be a cool label but their output has been questionable the last decade. This is just my view though so take it with a pinch of salt....
All Versions of this Release
All Versions of this Release