|A3||The Question Is To See It All|
|B2||I’m The Echo|
|C2||Inside Is Out There|
- Artwork [All Art] –
- Artwork [All Images] –
- Engineer [Assistant Engineer] – , ,
- Mastered By –
- Mixed By –
- Written-By, Producer –
- Barcode (Scanned): 191401173711
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, »1T mirrored«): OLE1737LP BL35269-01 A1 1T
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, »3T mirrored«): OLE1737LP BL35269-01 B1 3T
- Matrix / Runout (Side C, »2+ inverted«): OLE1737LP 2+ BL35269-02 C1
- Matrix / Runout (Side D, »1+ inverted«): OLE1737LP 1+ BL35269-02 D1
|Spiral (2×12", 33 ⅓ RPM, 45 RPM, Album, Stereo, White)||Matador||OLE1737LPE2||US||2021|
|Spiral (2×LP, Album, Limited Edition, Glass)||Matador||OLE1737LP||US||2021|
|Spiral (LP, 12", 33 ⅓ RPM, 45 RPM, All Media, Album, Club Edition, Limited Edition, Numbered, Turquoise Translucent ("Seaglass Wave"))||Matador||OLE1737LPE3||US||2021|
|Spiral (CD, Album)||Matador||OLE1737CD||USA & Europe||2021|
|Spiral (CD, Album, obi)||Matador, Beat Records||OLE1737CDJP||Japan||2021|
- One of the filthiest factory sealed records I've ever received. Sides A and B had hideous distortion and even a few tracking errors. Needed a good wet wash with 1:4 isopropyl alcohol and distilled water. Now it sounds fantastic. Definitely a good reminder that factory sealed doesn't = clean. The album itself and pressing are incredible. Dynamic, great quiet sections, and punchy separation.
- If anyone wants a mispress of this album for their collection look up perfume genius - immediately remixes mispress the c/d vinyl side of the discs are mispressed with the second half of this album
- Another great album from Darkside. I couldn’t ask for anything more. This appeals on all levels. The music pushes my buttons. Sound quality is just astounding for the price, my speakers really disappeared. Pressing is fab...
I just don’t get why people would take the time to complain about something that this isn’t - a 45RPM release. It’s “as the artist intended”. Love it or leave folks
- I see nothing but great comments about the pressing and I agree it sounds great. However, my copy has a “bump” at the start of to side 3 causing the needle to jump on the record. Also a replacement copy has this issue. Now waiting for a third copy. Anyone else has this problem?
- Really has a lot of Alt-J vibes. And I’m not saying this to diminish this album.
It is great. It sounds great. And the 33 vs 45 debate oh boy. Not worth it. It is just very good.
- Edited one year agoFantastic album, not let down by a bad pressing! This sounds quiet, dynamic, well-centered, clean etc. with great bass and separation. If only all modern pressings would sound like this! Now I really want the Psychic album on vinyl as well!
- Edited one year agoDefinitely don't get hung up on this being 33rpm instead of 45 as per Psychic. It's still a terrific pressing. Totally quiet, fantastic separation of instruments, deep controlled bass and crystal vocals. And of course great music - quite different from the previous album in that it's much more immediately up tempo (still very laid back though). No slow builds, you're straight into the tracks, but there's plenty of long form musicianship to enjoy.
- This record sounds great. Amazing depth, detail, and texture. No real surface noise, maybe one or two subtle crackles over the course of the record. I like the 45 rpm bonus on side D, it was a cool surprise and it doesn't seem like that track is even available on streaming so it's definitely worth picking up a physical copy of this. Sure it would have been nice if the whole thing was 45rpm, but the 33rpm sides sound so good that I sure as hell won't be complaining.
As for the music itself, I love it, and I think this record is an extremely capable follow-up to Psychic. Hell, I think I like it even more. Vocals and electric guitars are much more prominent on Spiral, and the pacing of the music is more energetic and even catchy at times. Psychic, on the other hand tends to really take its time, if that makes any sense. It just feels like more is packed into Spiral, and I like that. Easily my favorite release of the year so far.
- Well, I gotta say I‘m a little disappointed about the decision to release this LP on 33 RPM instead of 45 RPM. Compared with the dynamic and details the Psychic LP has the Spiral LP lags on both and to me this new release deserved a high end quality release. To understand and proof my opinion about this matter just listen to the track on side D which is in 45 RPM after you‘ve listened to the whole album. You should notice a huge difference. And if you own the Psychic LP just give it another spin. To my ears that’s the resolution the Spiral LP needs. I‘d rather renounce on the track on side D, payed 10-20$ more and have 3 LPs instead of 2 than this ‘cause it ruined my expectations kinda little here :-(
- Edited one year agoVery enjoyable album, best listened to in one session. The sound is extremely detailed and spacious and this pressing sounds great to my ears. Artwork is also beautiful, although I'm no so keen on the somewhat flimsy paper inner sleeves. A-