|A1||–The Sam Rivers Sextet*||Precis||5:18|
|A2||–The Sam Rivers Sextet*||Paean||5:20|
|A3||–The Sam Rivers Sextet*||Effusive Melange||5:45|
|B1||–The Sam Rivers Sextet*||Involutions||7:10|
|B2||–The Sam Rivers Sextet*||Afflatus||6:25|
|B3||–The Sam Rivers Sextet*||Helix||5:30|
|C1||–The Andrew Hill Quartet*||Violence||11:04|
|C2||–The Andrew Hill Quartet*||Pain||3:50|
|C3||–The Andrew Hill Quartet*||Illusion||5:53|
|D1||–The Andrew Hill Quartet*||Hope||7:20|
|D2||–The Andrew Hill Quartet*||Lust||5:15|
|D3||–The Andrew Hill Quartet*||Desire||6:35|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – United Artists Music And Records Group, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – United Artists Music And Records Group, Inc.
- Manufactured By – United Artists Music And Records Group, Inc.
- Published By – Blue Horizon Music, Inc.
- Published By – Unart Music Corp.
- Recorded At – Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
- Alto Saxophone, Flute – James Spaulding (tracks: A1 to B3)
- Art Direction, Design – Bob Cato
- Bass – Cecil McBee (tracks: A1 to B3), Walter Booker (tracks: C1 to D3)
- Drums – J.C. Moses (tracks: C1 to D3), Steve Ellington (tracks: A1 to B3)
- Liner Notes – Robert Palmer (3)
- Photography By – Raymond Ross
- Piano, Written-By – Andrew Hill (tracks: C1 to D3)
- Producer [For Release] – Michael Cuscuna
- Producer [Original Sessions] – Alfred Lion
- Soprano Saxophone, Flute, Written-By – Sam Rivers (tracks: A1 to B3)
- Tenor Saxophone – Sam Rivers
- Trombone – Julian Priester (tracks: A1 to B3)
- Trumpet – Donald Byrd (tracks: A1 to B3)
Sides One and Two recorded in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey on March 17, 1967.
Sides Three and Four recorded in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey on March 7, 1966.
All material previously unreleased.
All tunes stereo.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: BMI