|A1||The Snow (Driftmix)|
|A2||The Snow (Answers Come In Dreams I)|
|A3||The Snow (Out In The Cold)|
|B1||The Snow (As Pure As?)|
Remix – ,
|B2||The Snow (Answers Come In Dreams II)|
Producer – ,
- Engineer – (tracks: A1, A3, B1)
A1, A3, B1 engineered at Matrix Studios, London.
- Barcode (Scanned): 8711315121800
- Barcode (Text): 8 711315 121800
- Rights Society: STEMRA
- Label Code: LC 14291
|The Snow EP (The Snow Remixes) (CD, EP)||Torso||TORSO CD180||Netherlands||1991|
|The Snow EP (12" Remixes) (12", 33 ⅓ RPM, EP)||Wax Trax! Records||WAX 9144||US||1991|
|The Snow (12", 45 RPM, Advance)||Torso Dance||TORSO 12180 DJ||Netherlands||1991|
|The Snow EP (CD, EP)||Wax Trax! Records||WAXCD 9144||US||1991|
|The Snow EP (Cassette, EP, CrO₂)||Wax Trax! Records||WAXCS 8144||US||1991|
- I'm pretty sure this ep contains the only remixes of Coil tracks (on an official release, at least). Both by Jack Dangers.
- Edited one year agoDerrick May played the Answers come in dreams mix at Pure in Edinburgh in 91. Wild times indeed baby
- Coil's "Snow EP" was one of my main go to records when I first started Dj'ng at big rave parties
back in 1992. I even picked up a second copy so I could mix from track to track and once I figured out the correct order to sequence the tracks in, I found it to be an excellent tool for
keeping the dance floor populated with enthusiastic dancers for extended periods of time,
without sounding too repetitive, and free from having to worry about selecting the next
compatible record for at least a half hour. Truly one of the best techno records ever produced.
On a scale of 1 to 10 for musical quality I rate it at 11.
- 'Answers Come In Dreams I' is the key track for the techno heads. Full on driving drums and proper bottom heavy. On a loud system this rocks. At the time I thought the spooky vocal sample was from Logan's Run or some other cult film. It certainly makes the track and the other reviewer has solved a long standing mystery for me. The spattering snares & discordant siren just add more menance to what is a solid, deep 4/4 track. Harder than any Underground Resistance release at the time ('91) and even today still sounds fresh & current. A cult track from a cult band.