Tracklist Hide Credits
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – ZTT Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – ZTT Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Union Square Music Ltd.
- Licensed To – Union Square Music Ltd.
- Published By – Perfect Songs
- Published By – Jobete Music Co., Inc.
- Published By – EMI Music Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – Universal/Dick James Music Ltd
- Published By – Sony/ATV Music Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – Warner Chappell Music Ltd.
- Published By – Universal/MCA Music Ltd.
- Bass, Vocals – Mark O'Toole
- Computer [Software, Hardware And The Fifth Dimension] – Jonathan Jeczalik*
- Design [1984 Design] – XL of Poland Street*, ZTT of Basing Street*
- Design [Repackaged By] – Philip Marshall
- Drums – Peter Gill
- Engineer [The Lads Were Engineered By] – Stuart 'Blushing' Bruce*
- Engineer, Producer [Production Assistant], Guitar [The Lipson Service Guitar, Including Dark Side Of The Mood Solo On The Title Track] – Steve Lipson*
- Executive-Producer – Ian Peel
- Guitar – Brian Nash
- Keyboards [Additional] – Anne Dudley
- Keyboards, Percussion [Pottery] – Andrew Richards*
- Liner Notes [The Fun And Games Of Fame On The Run] – Ian Peel
- Mastered By – Ian Cooper
- Other […acted During The Bang] – Christopher Barry, Patrick Allen, Paul Morley
- Painting – Lo Cole
- Percussion, Other [Cignals] – Louis Jardim*
- Photography By [Black & White, Dutch Pink] – Anton Corbijn
- Photography By [Party] – Steve Romney
- Photography By [Pleasure Guard-in] – Peter Ashworth
- Photography By [Pre-bang Liverpool] – John Stoddart (2)
- Photography By [Video] – a. j. Barratt*
- Photography By [Wargames] – Eric Watson (3)
- Producer [Produced And All That By] – Trevor C. Horn*
- Vocals, Other [I Came To Dance] – Paul Rutherford
- Voice [The Voice] – Holly Johnson
- Written-By – Nash* (tracks: 1-1, 1-2, 1-11, 1-12, 1-14, 1-16, 2-7 to 2-9, 2-12), Johnson* (tracks: 1-1 to 1-3, 1-5, 1-10, 1-13 to 2-5, 2-7, 2-8, 2-10, 2-11, 2-13), O'Toole* (tracks: 1-1 to 1-3, 1-5, 1-10 to 2-5, 2-7 to 2-13), Morley* (tracks: 2-2, 2-8), Rutherford* (tracks: 2-2), Gill* (tracks: 1-1 to 1-3, 1-5, 1-10 to 2-5, 2-7 to 2-13)
Deluxe double CD edition
Includes three #1 hits:
Relax, Two Tribes, the Power Of Love
Plus bonus disc of previously unreleased 12" remixes, demos, outtakes and B-sides,
detailed liner notes and previously unseen artwork
SALVOMDCD03 (is) Element 06
"it was a pleasure"
Comes in 6pp digipak with 28-page booklet.
Element 06. ℗ 2010 ZTT Records Ltd, under exclusive license to Union Square Music Ltd.
© 2010 ZTT Records Ltd / Union Square Music Ltd.
Salvo is a Union Square Music label.
"25 years on, the definitive edition of an 80s masterpiece.
Includes the original double album remastered, plus classic B-sides, Trevor Horn's epic 12" remixes of Relax and The Power of Love, and archive audio interviews.
CD2 also features previously-unheard studio demos of War, Two Tribes and Welcome to the Pleasuredome, an early, eleven minute version of Ballad of 32, and a completely unreleased song from the end of the Pleasuredome era, Watusi Love Juicy.
Beautifully expanded artwork includes previously-unseen photos, paintings, and new liner notes."
"IQ number one becomes Part Six in Zang Tuum Tumb's post-Bang Element Series, having previously appeared as number four in the fishy Action Series. “Ain't that peculiar?”
A product of Zang Tumb Tuum – the organisation of pop. “Under the charm of the Dionysian.”"
Published by Perfect Songs Ltd except
1-4 & 2-6 published by Jobete Music Co Inc, EMI Music Ltd;
1-7 published by Universal/Dick James Music Ltd;
1-8 published by Sony/ATV Music Publishing Ltd;
1-9 published by Warner Chappell Music Publishing Ltd, Universal/MCA Music Ltd.
All songs sourced from original master tapes, courtesy of the Zang Tuum Tumb Tape Library. Track 9 transferred from Sony U-matic master dated 26.09.84.
Track 12 transferred from Ampex master, dated 08.09.86 (engineered by Bob Kraushaar, assisted by Paul Wright).
Special thanks to Mark O’Toole for transfers of demo tracks 5-7: Pleasuredome dated 08.06.84, War dated 22.03.84, Two Tribes dated 22.03.84.
The original B-sides of Relax and Two Tribes were One September Monday and The Happening, a/k/a One February Friday.
Relax (Greatest Bits) previously released on cassette only (CTIS 102).
Disneyland/Mickey originally released on Zang Tuumb Tumb Sampled (IQ6).
Who Then Devised The Torment? previously released on cassette only (CTIS 105).
The Last Voice previously released on vinyl only (12 ZTAS 3), and Relax (Disco Mix) previously released on Greece-only promo vinyl
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 698458990327
- Matrix / Runout (CD 1, variants 1 & 4): | SALVOMCD03/A | 033117 |
- Matrix / Runout (CD 1, variants 2 & 6): SALVOMDCD03/A *053327
- Matrix / Runout (CD 1, variant 5): SALVOMDCD03A 01
- Matrix / Runout (CD 2, variant 1): SALVOMCD03/B 033118
- Matrix / Runout (CD 2, variants 2 & 6): SALVOMDCD03/B *053326
- Matrix / Runout (CD 2, variants 3 & 4): | SALVOMCD03/B | *041676 |
- Matrix / Runout (CD 2, variant 5): SALVOMDCD03B 01
- Mastering SID Code (Both CDs, variants 1, 2, 3 & 4): IFPI LD12
- Mastering SID Code (Both CDs, variant 6): IFPI LD11
- Mould SID Code (Both CDs, variant 1): IFPI 5Q74
- Mould SID Code (Both CDs, variant 2): IFPI 5Q77
- Mould SID Code (Both CDs, variant 3): IFPI 5Q85
- Mould SID Code (Both CDs, variants 4 & 6): IFPI 5Q75
- Rights Society: MCPS
Other Versions (5 of 132) View All
|ZTT IQ1||Frankie Goes To Hollywood||Welcome To The Pleasuredome (2xLP, Album, EMI)||ZTT||ZTT IQ1||UK||1984||Sell This Version|
|ZTT IQ1||Frankie Goes To Hollywood||Welcome To The Pleasuredome (2xLP, Album, Gat)||ZTT||ZTT IQ1||Ireland||1984||Sell This Version|
|4509-94745-2||Frankie Goes To Hollywood||Welcome To The Pleasuredome (CD, Album, RE)||ZTT||4509-94745-2||UK & Europe||1994||Sell This Version|
|A1-90232||Frankie Goes To Hollywood||Welcome To The Pleasuredome (2xLP, Album, Club)||Island Records, ZTT||A1-90232||US||1984||Sell This Version|
|162-240257 3, IQ1||Frankie Goes To Hollywood||Welcome To The Pleasuredome (2xLP, Album)||ZTT, ZTT||162-240257 3, IQ1||Greece||1984||Sell This Version|