|3||Life After Life||10:07|
- Composed By, Arranged By, Performer, Producer –
- Cover, Artwork –
- Design –
- Mastered By –
- Photography By [Back] –
- Photography By [Cover] –
℗ & © 1987 Passport Records, Inc.
- Barcode (Text): 0 8431-70312-2
- Barcode (Scanned): 0084317031223
- Matrix / Runout: MADE BY DISCOVERY SYSTEMS - AN AMERICAN COMPANY 1DP0100A
|Sonic Perfume (LP, Album, Compilation)||Audion Recording Co||SYN 312||US||1987|
|Sonic Perfume (Cassette, Album, Compilation)||Audion Recording Co||SYNC 312||US||1987|
|Sonic Perfume (LP, Album, Compilation, Promo, Test Pressing)||Audion Recording Co||SYN 312||US||1987|
- Edited 4 months agoExcellent comp IF your into early digital synthesis. Don really tweaked some hypnotic vignettes out of the now deconstructed Bell Labs digital synthesizer (much warmer audibly than the later DX-7 IMHO). The opening opus is a ear-way into ambient landscapes tinkling with crystalline latticed arpeggios and deep resonating FM bass drones. Superb and nothing like what anyone else was creating at the time. Actually Sonic Perfume the track sounds like like it was carved off Sea of Bliss or definitely of that sliver of recording time Slepian was allowed.
The balance of the album are tracks off early 80's releases such as Computer and Rhythms of Life. I have 1 gripe I hate the sound of the recorder and Don unfortunately taps his Renaissance muse on a track co-mingling electronics with acoustic a track that would be better served left off the comp. Excellent compilation long out of print and worth owing for your vintage electronic library.