Jammin* – Go DJ / Dirty
|Label:||Bingo Beats – BINGO 003|
Vinyl, 12", 45 RPM
|Style:||Breakbeat, UK Garage, Breaks, Techno|
- Pressed By – Damont
- Copyright © – Bingo Beats
- Phonographic Copyright ℗ – Bingo Beats
- Written-By, Producer, Engineer – DJ Zinc
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5080007100366
- Matrix / Runout (Runout [Hand Etched] Side A): BINGO 003A
- Matrix / Runout (Runout [Hand Etched] Side A): B̶I̶N̶G̶O̶ ̶L̶P̶ ̶0̶0̶1̶ ̶A̶1̶
- Matrix / Runout (Runout [Hand Etched] Side B): BINGO 003B
- Matrix / Runout (Runout [Hand Etched] Side A + B): DAMONT
Other Versions (1)View All
|Go DJ / Dirty (12", 45 RPM, Promo)||Bingo Beats||BINGO 003||UK||2001|
- Love how he used drum n bass sounds like the bass to bring to the table this breakstep monster. A big favorite of mine
- Go DJ may have a whomping great bassline. But for me and my heads this release is all about Dirty. A behemoth of a 4/4 tune with a hypnotic dark undulation behind it. Still scrambles a good many brains on a dancefloor today with many younger heads, like myself, amazed it was made in 2001 and not 2017. Certainly has aged well.
- Looking at this tune makes me realise it's actually been years since I listened to it, yet I remember the impact it had like it was yesterday! This was THE tune at the time.. Hold on & kinda funky were big tunes, but this blew them out of the water.. The 'go dj' sample helped a lot as it was a favourite of djs to cut in the sample with the crossfadre but it's a monster of a tune in its own right, the bassline is sheer brilliance, only spoilt by the annoying breakdown ha;fway through.. If you weren't accompoished enough to be abl;e to mix it before that orchestral part then you;d have to wait for it to build back up again.. I appreciate what Zinc was trying to do but it spoilt it for a me a bit, the tune was more than good enough to just ride the whole way through, just like a tune such as Warhead
- Up there with '138 Trek' as a top notch Zinc Killer. When that boy got it right, no one was safe. Killed every floor it graced, a lesson of deadly expertise & a testament to a long spanning career in dark urban audio arts. Rude.
- Go DJ unlike Kinda Funky has stood the test of time well. This track was the third in the Bingo series and in my opinion it steals the best as well as being the one with the hairy chest. By no means am i saying "Hold On" was the worst as these first three releases on Bingo Beats were groundbreaking in their day.
This is no less than the track EZ introduced as the norm to play both forwards and backwards - he was off his head that day but by the time he finished so was everybody else!! "jjjjddddd ogggg". The EZ turbo bopp came as standard!
This track slides well into both oldskool and newskool sets which suggest it was a special piece produced well before it's time!! Dj Zinc ill give you a mention - you smashed it up with these three. Big Up Yaself!
All Versions of this Release
All Versions of this Release