- Made By – PDO, UK – 10370721
- Artwork [Sculpture] –
- Design –
- Design Concept [Cover Idea] –
- Photography By –
- Written-By –
- Written-By [Additional Contributions] – (tracks: 6, 7), (tracks: 5)
First pressing: Booklet and back cover printed on greaseproof/tracing paper and CD is silver. Different CD print than The Higher Intelligence Agency - Freefloater.
- Barcode (Text): 5 021732 300423
- Barcode: 5021732300423
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1 & 2): MADE IN U.K. BY PDO RBADCD13 10370721 01 %
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 0417
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 0407
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1 & 2): IFPI L132
|Freefloater (CD, Album)||Beyond||RBADCD13||UK||1995|
|Freefloater (2×LP, Album)||Beyond||RBADLP13||UK||1995|
|Freefloater (Cassette, Album)||Beyond||RBADMC 13||UK||1995|
|Freefloater (CD, Album, Golden CD Print)||Beyond||RBADCD13||Europe||1995|
|Freefloater (Cassette, Album, Stereo)||Waveform Records||86102-4||Canada||1995|
- My go-to album when I am in the mood for quality top-notch electronica.
- Edited 9 months agoA fine example of experimental british electronic music that emerged in the early 90’s. Great use of space and rhythm. Very trippy sounding with lot’s of bubbly synths and percussion. Favorite track: Hubble :). Love it!
- It is still my digital hi-fi reference. It is unbelievable that I am - nearly 30years later - capable to recognize new sound bits.
- New entry on the NME's Indie LPs chart, 7 October 1995.
- A classic piece, sounding like no other. The programming is impeccable; every sound bit is exactly where it's supposed to be, like in a flawless mechanism of an unknown purpose, but of great beauty. You can just sit and "watch" it all day long.
- I listen to this album today now at 12:03am 25th July 2014 for the first time. I am on track 8. I cannot comprehend this music's brilliance. I cannot comprehend this album was made nearly 20 years ago and I am thankful that I only hear this now. as I fear if I may have listened to this in 1995 it would have altered the course of my life in ways I cannot comprehend. This album has altered my life in ways I cannot comprehend and I am still to complete my first listening. it is inevitable there will be 100s more times.
- Edited 9 years agoThis album is without any doubt one of the greatest electronic piece in music histoy. Pure electronic bass and drum with floating sounds that come from any side around you. No one in the past before and after this has never reached the same overall result. Complicated and at the same time simple compositions with immense sense of dynamism and creativity. The track SKANK is on the middle position not for a case, but because is the apotheosis, the peak, the manifesto not only of a group but also for a generation of electronic artists that drew inspiration drew technical and creative inspiration from it. Freefloater is A truly masterpiece.
- Considering this album was released in 1995, it still sounds remarkable. The whole album contains Intricate rhythms and evolving melodies throughout. There is a sonic quality that has stood the test of time well. I can think of many records from this era that have dated far more than this one has.